Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
jdwarren

Drives: 2013 chevrolet camaro rally yellow
How to rev Camaro?

Hey guys!

I have a 2013 Camaro 2LS (Auto)

Whenever I put it in nuetral and rev it, it doesn't sound good at all.. I want a nice big rev but nothing.

How do I rev it up?

Thanks!
jdwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Step on the gas?

Not sure if I'm missing something here.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
they put a rev limiter on the auto's. you'll have to get a tune, and tune it out. and yes, that will void your powertrain warranty. You'll probably also want to get an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #4
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
they put a rev limiter on the auto's. you'll have to get a tune, and tune it out. and yes, that will void your powertrain warranty. You'll probably also want to get an aftermarket exhaust.
Ah I understand now.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
Old 02-28-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
jdwarren

What if i put it in drive but have my breaks/handbreak on then slam on the gas? Or is that a burnout? If it isn't a burnout - what will happen? And also - how do i do a burnout in an auto? Thanks!

I can't afford to do a tune so I guess no revving for me :( This guy in a sick shelby cobra came a long next to me at a red light and he revved his engine so loud I was trembling in fear bcoz when I did mine it sounded like a wimp!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
You have a v6. It will never sound like a cobra lol. You will just end up messing stuff up if you floor it with the handbrake up. Get a tune, headers, and exhaust.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #7
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwarren View Post
What if i put it in drive but have my breaks/handbreak on then slam on the gas? Or is that a burnout? If it isn't a burnout - what will happen? And also - how do i do a burnout in an auto? Thanks!

I can't afford to do a tune so I guess no revving for me :( This guy in a sick shelby cobra came a long next to me at a red light and he revved his engine so loud I was trembling in fear bcoz when I did mine it sounded like a wimp!
If you do as mentioned in your first comment, you will just take off possibly spinning the tires a little.

If you want to do a smokey burnout you can do whats called power braking, where you keep one foot on the brake and one foot on the gas, but remember to turn the traction control off first. Be fore-warned this is also the quickest way to needing a new set of tires and who knows what other parts.

504hp/478tq
Old 02-28-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Or better yet... sell your Camaro and get a Civic. When you (or whomever) bought your car, did you think you were getting a race car that you could "rev up" and scare Cobra drivers? You have the bottom of the line in Camaros. You don't have a hot racing car. What you do have is a great looking and great driving means of transportation that many people would love to have but can't. How about just enjoying your beautiful car and don't try to make it more than it is.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #9
jdwarren

I'm gonna try making some smoke now I heard that if you put down a little bit water under your tires, it makes them last longer? I guess no revving for me unless I put more $$ into it. Also in regards to the last comment - no need to be rude bro! I just asked a simple question. Sorry I don't have enough $$ to get a bad ass ZL1 camaro or I would! I love camaros and I am so happy to have one, even if I can't rev it.. but I am still very happy nonetheless.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:10 PM   #10
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
You have a v6. It will never sound like a cobra lol. You will just end up messing stuff up if you floor it with the handbrake up. Get a tune, headers, and exhaust.
2012's and newer v6 Camaro's can't get headers.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #11
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Old 02-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #12
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I am not sure on this car as I haven't tried it but if memory serves me correctly my Monte Carlo had a lower rev limit when it was in neutral, think it would only rev to about 1500 in neutral and over 2000 to 2500 in park. I haven't revved mine in neutral but think the rev limit is around 2500 or 3000 in Park. Step on it hard gets the motor up there high enough to hear it. FYI, revving the motor up too high is not exactly a good thing to do since there is not load on the motor. There is a reason they put the limiter on it.

Pulling your hand brake on and stepping on the gas is only gong to wear out your rear brakes and do nothing for a burnout. These cars are heavy and the V6(auto trans) just doesn't have the torque to pull a dead stop burnout(or mine doesn't anyway). The power brake procedure I haven't tried but should get you turning the tires. Water will also break the friction barrier between your tires and the pavement. In my case I drive mine year round and do turn the tires all day long this time of the year, on snow and ice that is.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:35 PM   #13
HardrockSS
Drive Fast Take Chances

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
GET A V-8
Old 02-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #14
SpaceMarine

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
2012's and newer v6 Camaro's can't get headers.
Could you elaborate on that?
SpaceMarine is offline   Reply With Quote