Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #15
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think the percieved influence and impact from those who don't like what they've seen so far from this '14, is highly exaggerated...lol...Many times I have heard, if you don't like it, don't buy it...

These cars aren't gonna stay the same forever, just to keep past customers happy...time to move on with styling and what-not....Change, and now a new choice, is a good thing...I'm not worried...GM and Camaro will survive and do well, regardless of what they hear from these forums...
I agree that some here will blow it out of proportion. Just take a look at the other thread that exploded.

But design matters...it matters as much or more than any other aspect of the car as far as I'm concerned. If the general public doesn't care for the design as much, even if its not a huge change...thats not something to be taken lightly.

I've always said I feel 100% confident the 6th gen will KILL the 5th gen in terms of performance. But if GM wants it to succeed, they need to get a good design.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I think its pretty even on the thread for like/dislike....

Also if the tail lights are the only thing, there will be numerous aftermarket tail lights, so I wouldn't make that a major issue on the car.

Same with the hood, I mean one of the first things I did was get a new hood on my current Camaro, so that's not a big issue either.....Plus I imagine they will have alternate hoods to choose from.

The strong reaction to completely changeable items is confusing...

If you didn't like the way the doors sat, or the fenders were, I would understand it, that would be a more major change factor than the hood and lights, but chop off heads cause you don't like the tail lights? seriously?
i don't know what thread your talking about right now its 2-1 ratio of dislikes on the voting...thats a landslide in an election
Old 03-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
It's not 50/50 like you say...go look again my friend..dislike has been above 60% all day or 2 out of 3 people don't like it!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
I don't know the exact staistics, but methinks the number of members on here who dislike the new style < the total number of members << the number of current/future Camaro owners << the number of people who buy Chevrolet/GM as a whole. The brand will do just fine.

edit: holy shit. a bunch of responses saying what I did popped up in the time it took me to write this.

Last edited by kevint; 03-26-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: redundancy
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #19
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokerls1 View Post
because enthusiast like ourselves represent a very SMALL percentage of actual sales. This car will appeal to more people than the current car does and that gives us enthusiast more options and goodies to choose from. GM is not stupid. They are a business and first priority is to make money...appealing to Camaro5 is probably 5th or 6th on the list. Deal with the refresh appealing to more people or keep your current car. Thats it
are you talking about the same gm that almost went bankrupt and for almost 2 decades couldn't design a decent looking car until a few years ago?

I bet it doesn't and sales go down
Old 03-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #20
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Come on guys - just wait until tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
Sftshldr
Beast Rider

Drives: 2017 ZL1 BLK A10
The thread poll seems to be running 2 to 1 against the new models front and back changes.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
i don't know what thread your talking about right now its 2-1 ratio of dislikes on the voting...thats a landslide in an election
so were taking only one point out of my counter argument are we? and changing my fairly close statement to meaning more.....62% disliking and 38% like is fairly close, take away all those complaining about the tail lights, a completely changeable item, easily changeable, then you will get a much higher like percentage.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Hey GM, in case you're reading...haters will hate. Redesign looks great. People don't like change...
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #24
jkupa10

Drives: 2012 45th Vert 2LT/RS
I was a little scared I would be tempted to trade in my 2012 for the refreshed version... no worries now. I'm more excited for the new CTS.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
OMG!!! With the hood it looks like the Mustang, morphed with the ZL1 nose and a Corvette-like hood scoop. IMO the tail is terrible and I guess we've left the looks of old that we all fell in love with again. WHY GM? Like others have said, I'm glad I got my 5th Gen.

I do love the Vette though.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #26
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
Quote:
are you talking about the same gm that almost went bankrupt and for almost 2 decades couldn't design a decent looking car until a few years ago?

I bet it doesn't and sales go down
Yes...the same GM who built the F-body and we all know what happened there. Enthusiast don't keep the car sales alive...apparently some people like the Camaro hiatus
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #27
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
I was a little scared I would be tempted to trade in my 2012 for the refreshed version... no worries now. I'm more excited for the new CTS.
That new CTS is killer!
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #28

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
wouldn't have been as bad if they just kept the tail lights the same. They were already in the lead why risk it with such big changes. I mean if they put the corvette tail lights that would have been a better decision.

Changing the front alone while i'm not a fan would have been easier to take
I think they took a bigger risk by keeping such things as tail-lights and grilles the same for so many years...That style may have run it's course...Style becomes "stale" after a while...It's small potatos, actually...

...If I were at GM, I would take all the criticism so far with a grain of salt, as everyone here at this point wants to play "designer"...And there's probably some angst that our cars just might be getting older, and we can't stop it....lol

Closed Thread