Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #1261
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Call me crazy but I think we are going to hear something sooner than later..... and the sooner the better!
You're not crazy Mac....just a fanatic! I believe you may be right as in hearing something within a "reasonable" amount of time. Everythings in place for Return of the Z-28 Episode 5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I want to spill the commercial can of beans, but I only have

• Tremec 6060 6 Speed Manual Transmission
• MTI Short Throw Shifter
• Driveshaft Shop HD 1400HP Axle Shafts
• Be Cool Radiator
• American Racing Headers
• Forgeline Wheels, 20”X10.5”
• Michelin Tires, 305/35ZR20
• Specter Werkes Extractor Hood
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• Corbeau TRS Leather Seats and 5 Point Belts
• LS7 Engine, 681HP @ 6700 RPM / 588 LB/FT @5600
• 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip

In a few days and no further than 10 days out. I'll name names and post a rendering. I believe that this Camaro build will be a community event. There are so many that have contributed. This thread is a perfect example. I can't imagine GM isn't watching and learning because we certainly are. The only portion of this build that will disappoint the true Z/28 enthusiast is the price point. That is the only bad news and it really isn't that bad. The first car is built to a ridiculous standard. Customer builds will reflect the customer's wants, desires and budget. Only GM would be able to produce the Z/28 with more customer friendly pricing because they won't have a pile of expensive take off parts. You know, a LS3, a Tremec gear box, Brembo brakes, suspension, wheels and tires... not to mention the labor to strip it all out.

The ZL1 posted spectacular numbers from the Ring run. I 'know' what our car would do, but knowing and proving are two different things. I have checked a number of items off my bucket list. I have not checked off the run the Ring with a Pedderised Camaro box. Then again, I wasn't too sure I would be involved in a build like this

Pete, your ride will kick ass and take names for sure. There is no doubt. No need to explain the price as that is a given with a special project such as this. Throughout history there is always the one, who turns the tide and makes an impact on the outcome of the decision. You are the one who is in the right place, at the right time, for the Z-28 's resurrection to the forefront of racing prominence. Your effort will assist Chevrolet to bring the product to market. The Z-28 is the Face of The Camaro, and will always be. It's the true object of my desire, and I am waiting in the wings as so many others are to obtain in it in this generations form as an assembly line RPO. Good luck on your endeavor!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #1262
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:

• Be Cool Radiator
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip

In a few days and no further than 10 days out. I'll name names and post a rendering. I believe that this Camaro build will be a community event. There are so many that have contributed. This thread is a perfect example. I can't imagine GM isn't watching and learning because we certainly are. The only portion of this build that will disappoint the true Z/28 enthusiast is the price point. That is the only bad news and it really isn't that bad. The first car is built to a ridiculous standard. Customer builds will reflect the customer's wants, desires and budget. Only GM would be able to produce the Z/28 with more customer friendly pricing because they won't have a pile of expensive take off parts. You know, a LS3, a Tremec gear box, Brembo brakes, suspension, wheels and tires... not to mention the labor to strip it all out.

The ZL1 posted spectacular numbers from the Ring run. I 'know' what our car would do, but knowing and proving are two different things. I have checked a number of items off my bucket list. I have not checked off the run the Ring with a Pedderised Camaro box. Then again, I wasn't too sure I would be involved in a build like this

Sounds like the build is coming together nicely!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #1263
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
A little off topic, but for those Blues fans that are not familar with Albert King, here's a pretty good 1970 video from The Fillmore of Albert performing. I've always thought that BB could have taken some lessons from Albert!!
Clyde

wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #1264
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Pete, your recipe is kinda familiar...it mirrors pretty closely a stillborn venture, Fall '09, using a GMPP "crate" LS7/Tranzilla/AR & SW exhaust/adapted CTS-V driveline & fr. brakes/ACS hood/forged 19s with PS2s/GMHPV-suggested suspension...

Can you bring it home, as a "Base" version, south of $60?
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #1265
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
BB King was a mover and a shaker who had so much influence on our music that quite a bit of the R&B and R&R history can be attributed to his influence. You hear it over and over in testiment from many past and contemporary recording artists. An American Icon, like the Z-28!
Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #1266
427camaro

Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Today I had the chance to drive another 2SS with an LS7 conversion in it, and the first thing I want to tell you guys AND GM is the Camaro really ROCKS with the LS7 in it !! What a cool car !!

Now a question for everyone. This car was an automatic. I beleive the automatic had no mods, I don't know about any tuning for the trans. If there was, I'll say it was just basic performance tuning to match the LS7. Do you guys think the stock automatic will hold up in the long run to the power the LS7 puts out or will it quickly become the weak link in the drive train when things start breaking ?
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #1267
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Contact Rodney @ RPM Transmissions. These are the folks that do hipo A/T upgrades for the likes of LPE and others...

http://rpmtransmissions.com/

BTW, his LS7'd Z06, knocking on 8-second 1/4s, has an automatic...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #1268
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Forty more pages and almost a thousand posts since June.
GM do you see what I see?

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 10-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #1269
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:

• Be Cool Radiator
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar

Hey Pete,
I'm diggin' the ride height in this picture. I need to see more!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #1270
427camaro

Drives: 2011 HTR-454SS Camaro, 87 Buick GN
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Contact Rodney @ RPM Transmissions. These are the folks that do hipo A/T upgrades for the likes of LPE and others...

http://rpmtransmissions.com/

BTW, his LS7'd Z06, knocking on 8-second 1/4s, has an automatic...
Thanks - I was wondering if anyone already chatting in this thread already had thoughts on the strength of the auto vs the manual. From talking to one of the aftermarket tuners, I got the impression the auto was weaker than the manual. I'm really leaning heavily towards the manual anyway as the "fun factor" is greater with a manual.
427camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:39 AM   #1271
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:

• Be Cool Radiator
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar

Pete, the only thing that surprised me about your build is the 20" wheels and tires. I have read your information where you prefer square 19" wheels and tires all around over the heavier 20" setup? Just curious why the change.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #1272
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Pete, the only thing that surprised me about your build is the 20" wheels and tires. I have read your information where you prefer square 19" wheels and tires all around over the heavier 20" setup? Just curious why the change.
The rules of the OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Challenge prevent us from running Bridgestone RE-11s so we went with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s and the best available size.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:40 PM   #1273
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Here it is, the full can of

Lingenfelter L/28 Camaro

We wanted this to be a full amenity daily driver with a bad attitude on a road course. We think we have it covered from the normally aspirated N/A LS7 to the Pedders Supercars and everything in between.

Lingenfelter L/28 Camaro

• LPE LS7 Engine, 681HP @ 6700 RPM / 588 LB/FT @5600
• LPE Dry Sump Oiling System
• LPE Dual Disc Clutch and Flywheel
• LPE Clutch Return Spring Kit
• LPE Leather Shift Knob
• LPE 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip
• LPE HD 2 Piece Driveshaft
• LPE Twin Fuel Pump Module with Electronic Control
• LPE Power Steering Cooler
• Be Cool Radiator
• Custom Side Exit Exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers
• LPE / Pedders SportsRyder Supercar Coil-over Suspension System, Sway Bars, Complete Bushing Package
• Brembo Brake System. Front 15” 2 Piece Rotor with 6 Piston Caliper, Rear 14” 2 Piece Rotor with 4 Piston caliper
• Lingenfelter Signature Body Kit, including front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler
• Lingenfelter L/28 Graphics
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• Lingenfelter CNC Pedal Pads

How good is the L/28. We'll all know very soon.

Optima Announces Second Half of The Ultimate Street Car Invitational Competitors

Optima’s Ultimate Street Car Invitational pits all types of Pro-Touring cars, trucks, and hot rods against each other in autocross, road rally, braking, and hot lap competitions. This is the event’s fourth consecutive running and as usual, it will take place in Pahrump, Nevada at the Spring Mountain Motor Ranch following the SEMA show. This year’s event will be held on November 4th and 5th. The cars entered thus far have earned their spots through various autocross events across the country, but there’s still one spot that has yet to be filled. A team of judges will select one addition entrant from the vehicles on display at this year’s SEMA show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The latest class of entrants are:

· Jason Childress, ‘69 Ford Mustang

· Mike Copeland, ‘11 L/28

· Matt Farah, ‘98 C5 Chevy Corvette

· Rob Ferreti, ‘01 Chevy Corvette

· Mitch Greenblatt, ‘08 Mercedes CLK63

· Andrew Herold, ‘72 Chevy Camaro

· Scott Hoag, ‘11 Ford Mustang

· Randy Johnson, ‘69 AMX

· Albert Melchior, ’70 Pontiac Formula

· Allan Miller, ‘10 Chevy Camaro

· Carlos Monterrubio, ‘73 Nissan 240Z

· Terry Neuville, ‘68 Chevy Camaro

· Joe Shown, ’90 Corvette ZR1

· Marty Sokulski, ‘68 Dodge Charger

· Filip Trojanek, ‘66 Ford Mustang

· Curt Ukasic, ‘62 Nova Runt

· Mark Wetterau, ‘69 Chevy Camaro

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/optima-annou...#ixzz1anWFu48z
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #1274
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Lingenfelter L/28 Camaro

• LPE LS7 Engine, 681HP @ 6700 RPM / 588 LB/FT @5600
• LPE Dry Sump Oiling System
• LPE Dual Disc Clutch and Flywheel
• LPE Clutch Return Spring Kit
• LPE Leather Shift Knob
• LPE 9.5” Differential, 373 Ratio with no preload TracRite® GT – Helical Gear Limited Slip
• LPE HD 2 Piece Driveshaft
• LPE Twin Fuel Pump Module with Electronic Control
• LPE Power Steering Cooler
• Be Cool Radiator
• Custom Side Exit Exhaust with Magnaflow Mufflers
• LPE / Pedders SportsRyder Supercar Coil-over Suspension System, Sway Bars, Complete Bushing Package
• Brembo Brake System. Front 15” 2 Piece Rotor with 6 Piston Caliper, Rear 14” 2 Piece Rotor with 4 Piston caliper
• Lingenfelter Signature Body Kit, including front splitter, side skirts, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler
• Lingenfelter L/28 Graphics
• RPM Six Point Roll Bar
• Lingenfelter CNC Pedal Pads

How good is the L/28. We'll all know very soon.
That is a impressive list of parts!
I cant wait to see the final results!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro