Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #1
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Death in the family

I just wanted to tell everyone what happened today. I was going to take my 89 for a quick little ride to my buddy house. He only lives about 30 miles from me. While I was prepping my IROC my wife thought she would drive her 98rs for one last time as well. We were almost there when my wife pulled up next to me at a light, with a little bit of persuassion (there was a Charger behind me) my wife and I BOTH did wicked burnouts. They were so nice that you couldn't see the Charger behind me. I never thought that would be the last one. We proceded to cruise through the park. Comming around a corner I saw her. She was driving one of those STUPID fast and furious eclipse S##T boxes. She lost controll and (at over 50mph) slammed into the drivers fender and all the way down the drivers side. I was hit with enough force that it cracked the wind shield, broke the drivers window and the rear hatch, broke the front left suspension, peeled the drivers door and pushed me almost 100ft. The entire car has to be scraped. She bent the frame tie on the drivers side. I just came home about and hour ago from the hospital. If I didn't have a 6 point and a harness I might not be writing this right now. The only nice thing about this is I came home in the 98. I already miss the ROC. The garage just doesn't look the same without him. Hell of a way to make room for a Gen5 huh? I'm going to go the meds are really starting to work. Merry X-mas. :(

Last edited by 69copo; 12-24-2007 at 09:42 AM.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:23 PM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I'm sorry man. You know, my mom always told me when I started driving that she was worried for my safety, not because of my driving habits (which are rather safe) but because of others on the road. How true that is. You can be the best driver out there, and some jerk will still ruin it for you. Sorry about your loss, but I'm very happy both you and the missus are relatively alright.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:44 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Sorry, man. Glad your alright, though.
You know...being a car site, and all - I assumed this would be a wreck-story about a car... I was right. But when I first started reading your post, I stopped and though - there's no way in hell his wife died, and he's up here writing this. Suspensful writing...nice.

Again, get better - and try to get over your loss...I know it's tough.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ouch.

I know the feeling. I've been there. Whole entire right side of my 02 Z28 was taken off by a 16 year old girl who was grounded, snuck out of the house, and took moms car. She plowed into me on the passenger side totalling my baby.

I'm sorry to hear it, bro. Sure there was a lot of history there. Glad to know you are allright,

But, like you said, you now have room for that 5thGen!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 AM   #5
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
My first car was a 2001 328ci - first off it took me about 3 months to find the perfect, yet used, bimmer. I had been working since I was eight years old and had saved up for a big enough downpayment to keep my payments piss cheap so I bought it and drove it quite a bit. As you could imagine a sixteen year old boy with the car of his dreams is just the same as a ninety year old man with the car of his very dreams - it was me. Almost three weeks later I am driving my beautiful bimmer home from the garage where it had JUST INSTALLED new intake and exhaust. I enter a 2 way intersection and as I slow down to let the final car pass - a Nissan 240sx comes off the freeway at 70+ - he sees me, freaks out, loses control and T-bones my car. I spin off into opposite traffic where I'm hit again by a Focus - I continue spinning into the traffic light pole. Insurance paid for the car, but I'm not driving my dream car.

I empathize with your loss.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:35 AM   #6
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ouch.

I know the feeling. I've been there. Whole entire right side of my 02 Z28 was taken off by a 16 year old girl who was grounded, snuck out of the house, and took moms car. She plowed into me on the passenger side totalling my baby.

I'm sorry to hear it, bro. Sure there was a lot of history there. Glad to know you are allright,

But, like you said, you now have room for that 5thGen!
Wow I bet you were pissed.

_

and I'm sorry to hear that man. IROC's are nice Camaros, but be thankful that your okay and not hurt worse. :\

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]

Last edited by Jeff; 12-24-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:09 AM   #7
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
Wow..ummm. With a title like "death in the family", and the fact that you mentioned your wife doing burnouts on the street, I assumed your wife had passed.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
:( I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. :(

But what's more important is that you and your wife are OK. The Camaro can be replaced, YOU CAN'T! I'm glad to read you were wearing your seatbelts as well!

I'm sure your IROC had sentimental value to you, (I know all my past Camaro's are special to me in their own ways) but it will live on in the 5th Gen. you own.

EVERYONE: BE SAFE OUT ON THE ROADS, KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN, AND WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i feel your pain. about 2 weeks ago i had my car sitting for sale and a drunk driver plowed into it toalling it out. it really sucks being this close to the holidays but everything happens for a reason. it will get better.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:38 AM   #10
69copo
Sorry officer

The wife is fine she was about 40-50 yard behind me. She was just worried about my saftey. I'm just thanking the man upstairs my duaghter was spending the night with her grandparents. She would often ride in the ROC with me t-tops off and radio up. It was her favorite one.That car was like a member of the family. I bought it to use as a runabout while I worked on my 92. But when I started to look at it a little more I just couldn't leave him alone. First was a repaint (candy apple red)and resealing the the t-tops and hatch.I then replaced the wheels with a set of GM 92 OEM Heritage wheels with painted inserts to match. After that was a new engine (a brand new 383 built by Jasper). The trans was next, I put in a 700R4 with a stage 2 B&M shift kit and a new 10 bolt with a 3:73. Then we tied the frame and added poly bushings for the engine, trans and suspension along with a Helwing rear sway bar. We upgraded the the brakes to Wilwood 4 pot and vented discs all around. We moved on to the interior and recovered the whole thing with a butterscotch fabric. We did the seats, dash, carpet head line rear hatch door panels...the whole thing. I then put on a Flowmaster exhaust with a x-over pipe and Doug Thorley headers. We put in alot of work on this runabout. The only thing that was missing was a supercharger, I was hoping to put one on some time, a nice throught the hood Wieland. My daughter was going to get the car when she could drive, still ten years off. We would often drive the Camaros to our local cruise/show. It was a beautifull site 89,92,98 all shined up and in a row. Now I have to get annother one. My daughter drew a picture of the ROC and told me she was sorry that it got hurt and won't be comming home. How sweet is that. I told her that she could have the 92 when she got older but she said no. She told me we could find one for her and fix it like she wants. She is the coolest kid. Thanks for letting me remember with you.

Last edited by 69copo; 12-24-2007 at 10:11 AM.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
You going to post up some pix when you get the chance?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #12
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
That is a real shame! Glad you are Okay!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #13
69copo
Sorry officer

I'll put some up when I can.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:13 PM   #14
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
That sucks man. It's becaus of this very kind of thing that I assume that everyone else in traffic are complete idiots. Makes for a whole lot more safe driving on my part because of it.