Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-04-2007, 06:02 AM   #29
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Thanks for the info Fbodfather! All I can say is it will be here soon enough..and well worth the wait!
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 AM   #30
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
did you read the same article that as posted?? it said start of production in 1st 1/4 09!!!!!! thats not the same as the last 1/4 08!
Obviously you didn't read either the article or my response completely, you only "saw" what you wanted to complain about. Why don't you go back and read both and then come back and tell me when production starts. Last quarter '08.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #31
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Good evening all,

I will not get into a discussion about alleged dates -- frankly, there are so many falsehoods and half-truths about the Camaro that it's hard for ME to keep track!.....(and no, I can't tell you everything you want to know about the car -- altho I wish I could!........)

We have, all along, said that we will go into production in the last quarter of 2008 -- and cars will be in dealerships in the first quarter of 2009.

That has not changed.

I will not tell you when the first car comes off the line at this point in time, nor will I tell you when regular production starts.....for two reasons:

>it's confidential (and I like my job......and won't lose it because someone demands to know info. that is confidential....)

>it could change - and that could include it moving up or back --

Now -- I understand the passion behind the Camaro.

When people get mad and post stuff on this and other sites that could be misconstrued as mean spirited or angry, I suspect that 99% of the time, it's the passion glowing thru the words -- and that's a good thing -- altho I will continue to ask people to remain civil and polite. There's no need for name calling and ill will.........

I ask you to consider this: Knowing our financial position over the past couple of years -- wouldn't we all agree that it would be in GM's best interests if we could be building the Camaro today?

Of course it would......it would certainly help the bottom line -- ..BUT........

The Camaro is going to be built off of a brand new architecture. We are not using a years-old architecture as some of our competitors are going to do.

That means it will take time to design/engineer/build you a QUALITY product. NONE of us (that's you and me) want a Camaro that doesn't have world class quality. It takes time to get it right -- ESP. with a car that will carry such an important nameplate: The Camaro.

The Camaro program was approved in August of 2006 -- and many of our employees were deployed to Melbourne, Australia to commence working on this exciting car. If we start to build cars in the fourth quarter of 2008 -- that will be 26 months according to my abacus! The original Camaro (launched in September 1966) took longer to bring to market -- and let's face it -- it was easier to design and build cars back then...........

So......we're moving forward at a fast pace to bring you a new Camaro. Yes -- we (that's you and me) would like to have the cars in our driveways NOW -- but please have patience -- it will be well worth the wait in my humble opinion.

I will also caution you that we will not have one Camaro in dealerships for everyone that wants one right away......it's simply impossible to have that number of cars available for the pent-up demand that we anticipate.

We will start building them slowly so that the first cars are just as good as the ones two years later.......there's simply no way to start building a new car (even in an existing plant) at regular line-speed and hope to have the cars show great quality........

Will we lose some customers to other manufacturers? Undoubtedly -- and we don't like it -- but it's simply a fact of life. We DO hope they'll be back.

Will you be able to buy a new Camaro for $200 over invoice? No -- of course not -- unless the car completely flops and we have no intention of allowing that to happen -- and frankly, with the buzz it's created, I don't see that happening..........

Now -- I hope I've given all of you some perspective.......

It WILL be worth the wait ..........

Feel free to share!
Thanks for the update fbodfather, your right, 26 months isn't really that long a wait. As far as losing possible customers to other manufactures, I also agree, but I think it'll be for a short time. Once they see and hear the quality of the Camaro, I think they'll be a lot of new cars being traded in for GM products.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #32
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post

He has spoken again… Quick, sacrifice another virgin…

NO!!! NO!!!!!

Send her my way!!!!!

:p
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:45 AM   #33
rray200

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT 5.0 Track Pack
I'm not looking to get the 5th gen as soon as it hits the dealerships. But I am aiming to get it in the summer of 2009 or September, October timeframe. What will the supply be like then? I wonder. I have a friend of mine who back in 1993, wanted to get the then newly redesigned 4th gen Trans Am, and had to wait until late 1994 to get one. I hope this is not the case with the 5th gen.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #34
CedarHillCamaro

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS 2010 Camaro(12/09!!)
I am glad that they are taking their time and getting it right. I am patient
Old 12-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #35
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Good evening all,

Now -- I hope I've given all of you some perspective.......

It WILL be worth the wait ..........

Feel free to share!
And HE has come down from on High and has SPOKEN.

Oh, and I will wait for quality... I don't know anyone that wouldn't.

~LSx
Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 PM   #36
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Zoo's don't pay millions in royalties to showcase specific animals. GM and Ford on the other hand.... If you google anything about Transformers 2, you'll see that it's going to be about cars. That's how I know. Only this time, we're going to be seeing new autobots...and new decepticons. If they turned into animals, I'd have to pass....but, that's for the transformers thread.

I think all Aerospaceguy was trying to say is that the next Transformers will only help to continue the hype for the meantime while GM continues to agressively work to get the Camaro out to us. It'll help to keep our attn.

Scott...thanks for the info. Much respect to you and your work. Us diehards are keeping the faith and know it will be WELL worth the wait. I'm just thankful it'll be alive once again.
yeah i understand that the cars are a huge part to transformers ,but.... what do you expect the next one to be about? the exact same plot as the first? there has to be something different to it . i dont kow i just dont want to see such a good movie be one of those terrible sequals.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #37
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
NO!!! NO!!!!!

Send her my way!!!!!

:p
That is classic...LOL!
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:53 PM   #38
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
yeah i understand that the cars are a huge part to transformers ,but.... what do you expect the next one to be about? the exact same plot as the first? there has to be something different to it . i dont kow i just dont want to see such a good movie be one of those terrible sequals.
Well, they made something up for the first one so they can make something up for the second one too
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
I didn't want to give it away for those who don't want to know but it's going to be really cool (I already know I'll be owning that one too!!). I googled it and found the info. Let's just say that Megatron will be back. And, I'd bet money that part two will be just as good as part one....not with the same awe factor as seeing transformers for the first time, but still...it's going to be BAD @SS! I know what you mean about sequals, but I'm sure the next one will blow us away too....as long as Michael Bay doesn't do the other movie he's contemplating first. Release is speculated at the end of June/beginning of July 08.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:56 AM   #40
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
I'm sure it will be great. Bay isn't exactly known for toning down his sequels
Old 12-07-2007, 07:14 AM   #41
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I didn't want to give it away for those who don't want to know but it's going to be really cool (I already know I'll be owning that one too!!). I googled it and found the info. Let's just say that Megatron will be back. And, I'd bet money that part two will be just as good as part one....not with the same awe factor as seeing transformers for the first time, but still...it's going to be BAD @SS! I know what you mean about sequals, but I'm sure the next one will blow us away too....as long as Michael Bay doesn't do the other movie he's contemplating first. Release is speculated at the end of June/beginning of July 08.
Also consider that in recent years the sequel has actually been better than the original (Spider-Man 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Shrek 2). So I have faith the Transformers sequel will be just as good as the first at the very lease.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #42
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
TAG, will BB be back?