Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2021, 03:14 PM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I called them before I got my sport catback and they do not offer an axleback, only catbacks. I was wondering the same thing..
Old 04-11-2021, 12:54 AM   #16
xdamxincx
Banned

Drives: zl1 blk
will corsa sell just the muffler ?
xdamxincx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:50 AM   #17
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdamxincx View Post
will corsa sell just the muffler ?
Ive been down this road before..once you start piecing together an exhaust it never seems to end. No drone quality catbacks like the Borla S or Atak and the Corsa Xtreme or Sport would be something to consider.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 11:08 AM   #18
1JEWLDSSRS

They do sell mufflers, but the catback is the way to go, because the entire system is designed for our Camaro's to deliver the performance desired AND the NO DRONE aspect of it. Like modern says, and I too have been down this road, once you start trying to "piece" together something to find the sound you want and comfort level, you end up spending more than a quality catback would cost. I have even had 3 different axlebacks on there and just shoulda went with a Borla Sport in the beginning, before I cammed her though. Just sayin..
Old 04-11-2021, 01:55 PM   #19
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
They do sell mufflers, but the catback is the way to go, because the entire system is designed for our Camaro's to deliver the performance desired AND the NO DRONE aspect of it. Like modern says, and I too have been down this road, once you start trying to "piece" together something to find the sound you want and comfort level, you end up spending more than a quality catback would cost. I have even had 3 different axlebacks on there and just shoulda went with a Borla Sport in the beginning, before I cammed her though. Just sayin..
Exactly.

With Corsa, you have an expectation for a very specific, drone-free quality sound. Once you start piecing together or frankensteining exhaust systems you change the intended sound of the manufacturer, even if by a little bit. Corsa designed and tested their systems with very specific parts, all tuned to work as a unit, complimenting the exhaust note and removing the dirty resonances and frequencies. If it doesn't sound as expected because it was a pieced together exhaust, but you are out there telling everyone you have a 'Corsa' exhaust system, well - that doesn't really help out the brand reputation. At that point Corsa has no control of your final sound and the opinion others have of the sound. But at the same time, they DO sell axle backs for other cars, the 6th Gen Camaro included. So most of what I just said is likely BS lol.

All that said, if I could get my hands on a set of Corsa Xtreme mufflers for a good price, you can bet I would be frankensteining my exhaust to save some major $$$. But I would not try to hold Corsa responsible or badmouth them if it sounded like hot ass. I am just having a very hard time letting go of nearly $1500 for their complete catback. That's the same price of the stall convertor setup or MRR017 wheels I want first, so maybe someday down the line I will be in a better position to go Corsa. My FM Outlaws sound great, so I will just have to tolerate the massive drone for a little while longer until I can join the club.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:10 PM   #20
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Exactly.

With Corsa, you have an expectation for a very specific, drone-free quality sound. Once you start piecing together or frankensteining exhaust systems you change the intended sound of the manufacturer, even if by a little bit. Corsa designed and tested their systems with very specific parts, all tuned to work as a unit, complimenting the exhaust note and removing the dirty resonances and frequencies. If it doesn't sound as expected because it was a pieced together exhaust, but you are out there telling everyone you have a 'Corsa' exhaust system, well - that doesn't really help out the brand reputation. At that point Corsa has no control of your final sound and the opinion others have of the sound. But at the same time, they DO sell axle backs for other cars, the 6th Gen Camaro included. So most of what I just said is likely BS lol.

All that said, if I could get my hands on a set of Corsa Xtreme mufflers for a good price, you can bet I would be frankensteining my exhaust to save some major $$$. But I would not try to hold Corsa responsible or badmouth them if it sounded like hot ass. I am just having a very hard time letting go of nearly $1500 for their complete catback. That's the same price of the stall convertor setup or MRR017 wheels I want first, so maybe someday down the line I will be in a better position to go Corsa. My FM Outlaws sound great, so I will just have to tolerate the massive drone for a little while longer until I can join the club.
lol, well said sir!! Yea I loved my FM Outlaws too, but the drone I was getting tired of and I have all the other items you still need, so it was time. I agree with you though, wheels and a converter would be TOP on my list if she sounded good, and I know she does, so, good things come to those who wait!! Who knows, you may be able to get the Corsa by the time a "black Friday" deal comes around and you would have the other pieces you need by then.. Took me quite a while to get it all together!! lol.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #21
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I was lucky enough to get my car with Corsa from the getgo. They were attached to the stock manifold but, when I swapped that out for headers, well, let me just say she’s a whole new ride now. And as everyone else has stated, with NO drone to deal with.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #22
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
OMG guys, why is this so damn hard?

KEEP THE STOCK MUFFLERS! Get some longtubes, Summit X-pipe and call it a day. Sounds great at idle, ZERO drone on the highway, and nasty at WOT. This combo works, and isn't expensive. ($350 for my longtubes brand new, $100 for x-pipe)

Now, if you need some of that 3" love then that's another story, but for most of us who don't, it works.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:34 PM   #23
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
I was lucky enough to get my car with Corsa from the getgo. They were attached to the stock manifold but, when I swapped that out for headers, well, let me just say she’s a whole new ride now. And as everyone else has stated, with NO drone to deal with.
Woot,,, there it is!! lol. You got lucky some one knew before you!!
Old 04-11-2021, 04:59 PM   #24
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
OMG guys, why is this so damn hard?

KEEP THE STOCK MUFFLERS! Get some longtubes, Summit X-pipe and call it a day. Sounds great at idle, ZERO drone on the highway, and nasty at WOT. This combo works, and isn't expensive. ($350 for my longtubes brand new, $100 for x-pipe)

Now, if you need some of that 3" love then that's another story, but for most of us who don't, it works.
May work for you but keeping the stock mufflers was not happening for me. You think it sounds good but a quality catback and longtubes sounds better.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.

Last edited by Modernmusclecar; 04-11-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:06 PM   #25
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
May work for you but keeping the stock mufflers was not happening fir me. You think it sounds good but a quality catback and longtubes sounds better.
^^^^ Amen sir!! Couldn't stand looking at those big ole ugly cans out back!! lol.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:46 PM   #26
Modernmusclecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
^^^^ Amen sir!! Couldn't stand looking at those big ole ugly cans out back!! lol.
Yep...what works for one doesnt work for others. Get a quality catback and call it a day.
Old 04-16-2021, 10:15 AM   #27
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
virtually no drone with my borla atak, but running 2.5". VERY loud under WOT tho. just cruising it's nice and tame no issue having a conversation inside you don't even have to raise your voice.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:09 PM   #28
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
virtually no drone with my borla atak, but running 2.5". VERY loud under WOT tho. just cruising it's nice and tame no issue having a conversation inside you don't even have to raise your voice.
Very cool!!