Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2011, 12:25 AM   #43
Carzzy

Drives: 2011 Supersonic Blue Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Friedman View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro SS with 16,000 miles on it. Havent replaced my brakes or tires yet. Keep in mind i have the 21" Rims on there with Pirelli P-Zero's runflat. What are the pros and cons of driving from California to New York. I am moving back to New York its not just pleasure, but i feel like it would be a dream of most people to be able to drive a 6 speed black camaro ss across the country. but then you also have to think logistically. When I return, I would need an oil change, new tires, new brakes, maybe a new clutch even. That could be pretty costly, not to mention if i get a flat tire on the road, I would need to replace all my tires right then and there, and thats if it isnt in the middle of the desert where I could get stranded.

So I am asking, if it were you.. what would you do? pros and cons too....

Best!
Well, in 1976 I drove from Rochester NY to Glendale California. (2560 miles) This in a 1969 Olds 88 Coupe that I just bought for $400. I made the trip in 4 days and had 0 problems with the car the whole trip. Funny thing the same night that I arrived, went a mile away to get a pizza and the water pump went! Stayed in California for a few months and drove back with the same car with no problems.

So, in an answer to your question..yes drive it!

2011 GS 436HP LS3 MN6 NPP exhaust
Carzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #44
Tarl

Drives: Rally Yellow/black -2010 Camaro
This car is the most pleasurable one I've owned in my lifetime for LONG roadtrips. It's comfortable, fast and looks killer. Change the oil and inflate those tires and go. You will enjoy the drive. I LOVE roadtrips!
Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #45
Shaimerej

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
Go for it! I've done it many times in different cars. Drove my current Camaro from Colorado to Maine. 3,000 miles really isn't a lot and should not warrant any repairs. Your chances of getting a flat aren't going to be any different than driving 3,000 miles around town. As for the tire thing, if you do need a replacement say, in Green River Utah, you'll have issues finding a shop that can work with the tires. Take a tire repair kit, pump and a seal-a-flat can if you're really desperate and can't fix the tire. Take lots of pictures. I'd go I-15 through Vegas, Utah to I-70 through CO to I-76, I-80 to Chicago (plan around rush hour) then drive through to NY. If you stay in CO, try Glennwood Springs Hot Springs Hotel. You'll see lots of desert, canyons, 12,000' elevation pass where you'll have less than 200 RWHP, 14,000' mountains, grassland, corn, more corn, some more corn, and even more corn, forests and the biggest ball of twine if you wish.

Tags
camaro 2ss, drive