Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 AM   #519
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Lol. What did you get for your trade in ! ?
2013 v6 accord coupe. Ill probably get another camaro in about two years, and ill come back here and y'all will still be waiting on these lights! j/j!
2004 5.7 GTO 78mm turbo
Camarowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #520
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
2013 v6 accord coupe. Ill probably get another camaro in about two years, and ill come back here and y'all will still be waiting on these lights! j/j!
Did you lose a bet?

Back to the thread, I'll be over first nice day, Tony. Maybe you can help Ruthie and myself at the same time. Or better yet, throw an installation party! LOL
Old 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #521
Jay'SS Ride

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37S
Sorry to say that I'll have to bow out as well, not comfortable with this DYI project.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #522
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
The hardest part will be getting the bezels off. This DIY shouldn't be very difficult.

Once we do it, we'll post up a detailed DIY for those hesitant.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #523
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Don't like diy! But don't take me off yet, I want to c the write up on the install to c if i feel safe in doing it. Top pic on front page. 1 pic is that running lights or brake? Bottom pic same question? First pic left looks alot brighter! I understand 1 is lighter and the other is darker, what determines that? So that means there r two shades to chose from right?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #524
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
The general install procedure is in post #445. Feel free to ask more here, via PM, email, or, catch me on chat.

Tools Required:
  • Trim tool for removing tail-cover clips and bezels
  • Wrench for nuts that hold tails into bumper
  • Dremel
Other Materials:
  • Silicone Sealant

That's it!

None of those pics show the brake portion (it's the center). I still need to pull those into the first post.

The difference is the light or dark outer-diffuser described earlier.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #525
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
If you want man, I'm down to meet up and try to tackle the project together if you'd like.
That'd be cool. I'd just hate to mess it up spending that much I'll think about it a bit.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #526
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
That'd be cool. I'd just hate to mess it up spending that much I'll think about it a bit.
Really, the only thing to "mess up" might be cutting the tail lights apart. The parts you buy in the kit are all assembled, ready to drop in.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM   #527
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
No problem . If I get them, we can take a chance with mine and we'll install the whole kit so you can see if its something you want to do. I'll be the ginny pig. Lol
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #528
LG_23

Drives: Camaro SS
Is the one in the flicker video light or dark version? and could you also do a video to compare both brightness.
LG_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #529
sjmautoprod

The flicker video was with the light diffuser. I'll set one up with the dark.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #530
A Pirate

Drives: VR 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
The parts you buy in the kit are all assembled, ready to drop in.
So I don't understand the fixation with saying that only the DIY kits will be sold for now... If it is true that the kit isn't 17 parts that spill out onto the table when u open the box, but instead is a single dropin unit, then why can't I remove my tails now in the middle of the salty road period when it is tucked away anyway, and have Tony's techs drop the unit in and send them back to me before spring? Why do I have to wait until an unspecified date (probably after I've started driving my car again, when I won't want to give up my tails and make the car unusable again)? My tails have already been Dremeled by AAC when I had them install the CCFL rings (two of which burned out within the first week). So theoretically it shouldn't be hard, but I just don't have time (I'm still working to file taxes from a couple years ago and keep a business afloat, so I don't choose to spend time on this DIY). Why do I need to 'suffer' by not being able to enjoy driving about with these this year?
A Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #531
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pirate View Post
So I don't understand the fixation with saying that only the DIY kits will be sold for now... If it is true that the kit isn't 17 parts that spill out onto the table when u open the box, but instead is a single dropin unit, then why can't I remove my tails now in the middle of the salty road period when it is tucked away anyway, and have Tony's techs drop the unit in and send them back to me before spring? Why do I have to wait until an unspecified date (probably after I've started driving my car again, when I won't want to give up my tails and make the car unusable again)? My tails have already been Dremeled by AAC when I had them install the CCFL rings (two of which burned out within the first week). So theoretically it shouldn't be hard, but I just don't have time (I'm still working to file taxes from a couple years ago and keep a business afloat, so I don't choose to spend time on this DIY). Why do I need to 'suffer' by not being able to enjoy driving about with these this year?
Tony's techs?
Old 02-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #532
sjmautoprod

Getting these out there as fast as possible is why we chose the DIY route to start.

No, seventeen pieces will not fall out onto the table. That is what we assemble. Customers will get two parts per tail light.