Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #113
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I'm Charlie and I'm a c5 addict. Before and after pics for proof. Here are mine
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1167
Size:  132.7 KB
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #114
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

After
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1359
Size:  290.4 KB
Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #115
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Nice!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #116
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Thanks ruby! Coming from you that means a lot. Your ride rocks also. I saw you ride at the fest last year.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #117
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
That is nice. I concur with Ruby!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #118
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
lol everytime I look back at before and after pics of my car, I cant beleive how it used to look. lol its a HUGE difference. Wish I could post pics but my attachment thing isnt working anymore :(
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #119
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Great Thread Mind if i join? I love my V6 , Had it for a year and a half now , I been getting a few Mods for it, Slotted/ drilled rotors , Yellow stuff pads that i am going to paint red, then I am going to paint the calipers , Have to wait till it warms up to do. Just got a rear spoiler to install , and just had the windows tinted 17% and it looks bad ass .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #120
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Welcome MBS!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #121
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
lol everytime I look back at before and after pics of my car, I cant beleive how it used to look. lol its a HUGE difference. Wish I could post pics but my attachment thing isnt working anymore :(
You can send them to me through email and ill post them up if u want!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #122
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I love the hood and the rims, what are they? How much?
Thanks!!
Hood- RK Sport Ram Air
Wheels- Scarallo Motorsport 20X10 fronts and 20X11 rears (295 & 315 Vredesteins)

CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #123
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Hi my name is Benji, and I'm addicted to Camaro 5 And My Camaro "Nightmare".
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #124
bcperry
Engineer in Training

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
I'll bite. Here's a few shots of mine from a while ago. I have spent money in the motor, but only about $20 on aesthetics, some nice blue paint for the beauty rings and interior. I've got the black hashes on the driver fender, and camaro lettering on my driver taillight. I love this car to death.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2013, 09:12 AM   #125
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Where does the oil go? Do you still need a catch can?

Hello Zach, I'm Cj and I'm also addicted to C5.
Here's a pic of the air filter tube when I took it off. I tooked all the oil I could take off and I let the tube stand still for a few days and here's what was left in it. That oil was directed to the TB before. So I installed 2 catch cans. One on each side. The dirty side I get quite a lot of oil but on the clean side, since I have an other can just gets some vaps and the TB is'nt dirty anymore.

I've installed 2 basic cans in wich I added some stainless wire to stuff the inside, i did prolong the incoming tube to the bottom of the can so the fumes will go thrue the wires going out at the top ( I placed a spring I made with a hard wire so the bottom so the wire won't lie in the oil. At that time I was'nt aware about RX or Elite cans and I might change the set up next summer. But so far they seem to do the job. I know SC2150 will tell me to test the cans by adding a oil filter along the outcoming lines, but I just did'nt have the time to do the test. Also I think RX have a model that you can connect both sides on a single can. 2 entries 1 exit. Will look into that later. I took off the breather and replaced it with a regular can since I changed my hood and it did'nt fit. Replaced it by the EOM cap.
Name:  catch can oil.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  134.3 KB

Name:  can hosing3.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  134.6 KB

Name:  breather2.jog.jpg
Views: 949
Size:  157.8 KB

Name:  wired-brush.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  183.6 KB
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #126
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal2010yellow View Post
Here's a pic of the air filter tube when I took it off. I tooked all the oil I could take off and I let the tube stand still for a few days and here's what was left in it. That oil was directed to the TB before. So I installed 2 catch cans. One on each side. The dirty side I get quite a lot of oil but on the clean side, since I have an other can just gets some vaps and the TB is'nt dirty anymore.

I've installed 2 basic cans in wich I added some stainless wire to stuff the inside, i did prolong the incoming tube to the bottom of the can so the fumes will go thrue the wires going out at the top ( I placed a spring I made with a hard wire so the bottom so the wire won't lie in the oil. At that time I was'nt aware about RX or Elite cans and I might change the set up next summer. But so far they seem to do the job. I know SC2150 will tell me to test the cans by adding a oil filter along the outcoming lines, but I just did'nt have the time to do the test. Also I think RX have a model that you can connect both sides on a single can. 2 entries 1 exit. Will look into that later. I took off the breather and replaced it with a regular can since I changed my hood and it did'nt fit. Replaced it by the EOM cap.
Thanks Montreal, I guess I need to do this asap. Wasn't gonna do any engine mods whatsoever but I guess this one needs to be done. There's a speed shop here in town maybe they have a three port catch can in stock.