Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Need opinions .

Current setup flowmaster American thunder CATBACK exhuast with the 3 inch piping . I am looking to install the borla atak catback exhaust . Since I want it aggressive !! Any ideas ?? Any recommendations as to which one might be louder and more meaner !! .
Old 05-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I'm sure you've heard this before and it's been dicussed thousands of times. Catback will only change your sound minimally. Only way to truly get the most of the exhaust system is by adding headers. Please read read read.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #3
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Just keep the flowmaster catback and add headers and a tune. Pm dynosteve on here and he'll hook you up.
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
Just keep the flowmaster catback and add headers and a tune. Pm dynosteve on here and he'll hook you up.
Got it !! Already reached out to Steve . Got my tuner on the way !!! Still deciding on the headers . Speed engineering or kooks . Those are my 2options ..
Old 05-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #5
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr-camaro15 View Post
Got it !! Already reached out to Steve . Got my tuner on the way !!! Still deciding on the headers . Speed engineering or kooks . Those are my 2options ..
If money is not an issue I would go kooks. Speed engineering is a good budget buy though. A decent amount of people on the forum have them and seem to like them. Only downside I see with speed engineering is they do not offer cats.
Stainless Power Headers w/cats
Fluidampr 25% UDP
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:05 AM   #6
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarr View Post
If money is not an issue I would go kooks. Speed engineering is a good budget buy though. A decent amount of people on the forum have them and seem to like them. Only downside I see with speed engineering is they do not offer cats.
Lol money is definitely the deciding factor. I might do the speed engineering ones . So with the speed engineering ones there is no way to get CATS installed ?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:30 AM   #7
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
are you gonna be drag racin or just street? my setup is 50 state legal(just passed the MD sniff test-good fer 2 mo yrs!), the shortys and the ARH H/F cats get rid of the POS stockers(CATS BIGGEST RESTRICTION) and the axle back was mainly a weight issue and looks(and louder too-lulz)...

sound pretty good huh? and WAY less than most spend...I like puttin that $$$ towards go fast parts....

peace
Old 05-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #8
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
are you gonna be drag racin or just street? my setup is 50 state legal(just passed the MD sniff test-good fer 2 mo yrs!), the shortys and the ARH H/F cats get rid of the POS stockers(CATS BIGGEST RESTRICTION) and the axle back was mainly a weight issue and looks(and louder too-lulz)...

sound pretty good huh? and WAY less than most spend...I like puttin that $$$ towards go fast parts....

peace
Damn that sounds good !!and that car just took off!!!lmaoo. This car is just going to be street driven .NO RACING .
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
You should've done the Stainless Power header and SCT tuner package from RDP, you won't find a better deal. My car sounds amazing, just ask anyone within a mile of me. lol If I were you, I'd get a hold of Steve asap and see if he can still hook you up with the package deal instead.
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
jergarr

Quote:
Lol money is definitely the deciding factor. I might do the speed engineering ones . So with the speed engineering ones there is no way to get CATS installed ?
Speed engineering does not offer cats for their headers. I believe people have found cats to work with that setup but I can't confirm what brand they used. If a cat is something you need to have with the headers i would go with texas speed headers or stainless power headers.
Fluidampr 25% UDP
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
Old 05-23-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jergarr View Post
Speed engineering does not offer cats for their headers. I believe people have found cats to work with that setup but I can't confirm what brand they used. If a cat is something you need to have with the headers i would go with texas speed headers or stainless power headers.
Gotcha !! Maybe I'll do a cat delete . I got a real good price on a pair of speed engineering headers that can't be beat . I was just a little concerned about the connection pipes . Hopefully the ones speed engineering supplies are good quality . Lots of different posts regarding headers , but nothing really concrete !!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #12
jergarr

Quote:
Gotcha !! Maybe I'll do a cat delete . I got a real good price on a pair of speed engineering headers that can't be beat . I was just a little concerned about the connection pipes . Hopefully the ones speed engineering supplies are good quality . Lots of different posts regarding headers , but nothing really concrete !!
I'm sure the connection pipes they have are as good of quality as the headers. I know some people hate the exhaust smell that comes with going catless. I personally don't mind it and in hindsight should have went that route.
Fluidampr 25% UDP
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies