Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 10-19-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Just got my first ticket in the camaro...

...Just frustrated because I was speeding to avoid an accident. I was driving (in the rain) at speed limit with no care in the world. Out of nowhere a corrolla on my right decided to try and cut in my lane while I'm next to him. Quick decision: 1. speed up and cut to the left in front of another car 2. Slam the brakes and risk a rear end accident So I chose #1. From 60-83km/h in 2 seconds and bam I get nailed. At this point I'm so annoyed with the situation I start blasting the officer.. I asked him if he just saw what happened and he says "ya I saw you going really fast" anyways long story short I kept him outside in the rain arguing for 15 minutes. I still got the ticket 190$ 3 points and told him I'll see him in court.
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
Jabs

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS Stage 2
That sucks man hopefully the judge will hear you out

Jabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
Hmmm, dunno what it's like in Canada (assuming since your location says montreal )... but you don't have to go to court here. I know in the past, I paid the ticket and did traffic school until I realized a much better way to handle it and get no points and not pay any money. I essentially ask for an extension from the court, get another month. Then I request a trial by written declaration, which gives you a little more time. Then I mail in my letter. And cops don't get paid to write letters. They get paid to go to court. SO... it's unlikely they will remember the details, or be bothered to write a letter, in which case your ticket gets dismissed and you get a refund of the ticket/bail amount

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabs View Post
That sucks man hopefully the judge will hear you out
Thanks, as much as I think that my decision was the right decision in the moment I don't think any judge will rule in my favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebabe View Post
Hmmm, dunno what it's like in Canada (assuming since your location says montreal )... but you don't have to go to court here. I know in the past, I paid the ticket and did traffic school until I realized a much better way to handle it and get no points and not pay any money. I essentially ask for an extension from the court, get another month. Then I request a trial by written declaration, which gives you a little more time. Then I mail in my letter. And cops don't get paid to write letters. They get paid to go to court. SO... it's unlikely they will remember the details, or be bothered to write a letter, in which case your ticket gets dismissed and you get a refund of the ticket/bail amount
I wish I was able to do that here. What will happen here is I send the ticket out with my story, chances are I will receive a letter back in a year or so saying that they have found me guilty by default but if I still want to continue to court I can. At that point in court I have 2 options, one I continue contesting it to the bitter end if I believe my story will hold up in court or the second option speak to the prosecutor before court begins and negotiate my ticket down to about 150$ and 2 points. I will probably end up settling it because there is no denying I was going faster than the speed limit.
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Did you get caught with your camaro????
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #6
HondaPowered

Drives: '09 Honda Civic LX
Try to get no points, just a fine.

Dream camaro is either a 1/2SS with RS, black with red stripes, or red with white stripes.

No rice with my order.
HondaPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
jmaryt

Drives: 2010 cgm LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06blownSS View Post
Thanks, as much as I think that my decision was the right decision in the moment I don't think any judge will rule in my favor.

I wish I was able to do that here. What will happen here is I send the ticket out with my story, chances are I will receive a letter back in a year or so saying that they have found me guilty by default but if I still want to continue to court I can. At that point in court I have 2 options, one I continue contesting it to the bitter end if I believe my story will hold up in court or the second option speak to the prosecutor before court begins and negotiate my ticket down to about 150$ and 2 points. I will probably end up settling it because there is no denying I was going faster than the speed limit.
i agree! it's unfortunate,but MOST of 'em just want to see the "hard" evidence! very disconcerting!..know this!.if he lets ya say somethin' in defense of yourself,as least ya got a chance!..just sayin'..it's better than "no chance" and just findin' ya "responsible!"
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
Sasso

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Hurst M6
Sorry to here that but never argue with them because they write out a second report on what happened to submit to the court that you don't see with the ticket. If he used laser ask if the officer has had training and if he calibrated the gun before using it they have to ever time or all the tickets he issued that day are void.
Sasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #9
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
What Sasso said, ask for proof that the laser gun was calibrated that morning.