Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
I really would love to have a Camaro, but w/ the current economic and managerial issues that are going on now with GM, it's suspended my wanting to order the car. The Camaro is and seems to be superior in all aspects of price-performance ratio, style, comfort, power, compared to the Mustang and Challenger, so I haven't been looking into those TOO hard. I have faith in the Camaro, but I wish I had more faith in the corporate business division of GM.
In other words, you aren't going to buy a car that you like from a company that you like because the economy is bad. People like you who are too scared to buy a quality product are going to kill GM if you don't buy. Buying the car makes GM more secure. How does not buying help anyone?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
In other words, you aren't going to buy a car that you like from a company that you like because the economy is bad. People like you who are too scared to buy a quality product are going to kill GM if you don't buy. Buying the car makes GM more secure. How does not buying help anyone?
Geez people, the worst that happens is GM goes into bankruptcy and comes out the other end. Obama is guaranteeing the warranties. I've gotta wait 2 years to pay my Civic off before I take the plunge, but if I could sign up for a Camaro now, I would. GM can't afford for buyers to "wait and see" , they need buyers to prevent what "wait and see" creates.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #17
Emjay
Camaro Obsessed

Drives: 1973 z28 1989 iroc 1995 z28
Send a message via AIM to Emjay
That review surprised me a little coming from msnbc ... im not to into their commie propaganda but Im glad to see that all political thought can get along when it comes to the camaro, gotta love that fuel saving!

1989IROCZ1995Z28
Camaro Girl
Emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #18
Kelpie
Camaro prospect

Drives: 08 Chevy Colorado, 04 Impala
Yes, I heard the warranty would be guaranteed by the govt. also. And for parts availability, if there's a demand, the aftermarket should be able to supply it. I have gone back to the Chevy dealer very few times as NAPA, Carquest, etc. has the replacement parts you need most often.
Kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #19
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
I like this guy.... He's not a douche...*cough* SFGATE *cough*
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #20
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
So obviously Im a chevy girl! I love the new Camaro, so I may be biased but how do I explain to my Dodge friends who just got a Challenger as to why they didn't use the SRT8 Model in the comparison for camaro vs mustang vs challenger? they say its crap cause ss is the top of the line in camaros and RT is for challenger
Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
I really would love to have a Camaro, but w/ the current economic and managerial issues that are going on now with GM, it's suspended my wanting to order the car. The Camaro is and seems to be superior in all aspects of price-performance ratio, style, comfort, power, compared to the Mustang and Challenger, so I haven't been looking into those TOO hard. I have faith in the Camaro, but I wish I had more faith in the corporate business division of GM.
it is thinking like this that wil put GM under. If GM makes a car you like then buy it, it can't hurt anyone and it could keep them in business... Obama has promised that the US government will back GM's warrentys, so unless the US government goes under you are in a no risk situation...
Old 04-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #22
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
That review surprised me a little coming from msnbc ... im not to into their commie propaganda but Im glad to see that all political thought can get along when it comes to the camaro, gotta love that fuel saving!
Their website with plain ol news stories doesn't seem to have the same slant that the TV version does.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepitt View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29978094/

Considering this background, Chevrolet’s Camaro is poised for success because it’s both a stunning recollection of the ’69 Camaro and because it’s a fantastic car for driving enthusiasts. GM cut no corners in producing the Camaro, making it the most successful of the neo-classic pony cars so far.

Now, if we only had drive-ins with car hops
Don't you have any Sonic Drive in's there?
We got them and we still have a few Drive in Movie theaters too..
Old 04-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroNC View Post
So obviously Im a chevy girl! I love the new Camaro, so I may be biased but how do I explain to my Dodge friends who just got a Challenger as to why they didn't use the SRT8 Model in the comparison for camaro vs mustang vs challenger? they say its crap cause ss is the top of the line in camaros and RT is for challenger
Well, the primary reason is price. A comparable SRT8 is $10k more than the Camaro SS, while the R/T is right on par. Its not exactly fair to compare cars that are in completly different price brackets. However,The SS should still beat the challenger in pretty much all performance areas. It has a faster 1/4, weighs less, better stopping power, and better grip.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #25
SSCamaroNC

Drives: 02 Z28 Camaro, future 2010 SS2
Yeh well that Is what I told them anyways, but they werent buying it. Since SS is the top of the line for the Camaro why wouldn't they use the top of that. I just think they were sore losers in it and couldnt stand it lost.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #26
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
nice article, i have a lil more respect for msnbc now.
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
Oldsman

Drives: '98 Olds Bravada
Love the article. The only thing that holds me back right now is being able to afford the payments. Hopefully will be able to get one in a year or so. I'm not worried about GM going bankrupt. Even if they do, the warranty will still be honored. BTW, we have a Sonic here, also, along with a REAL driive-in restaraunt. Yes, it still has curb service, and it's been here as long as I can remember. Only changes have been ownership and the name. Still the same great food!
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #28
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaroNC View Post
Yeh well that Is what I told them anyways, but they werent buying it. Since SS is the top of the line for the Camaro why wouldn't they use the top of that. I just think they were sore losers in it and couldnt stand it lost.

Using that logic, lets invite the Porches 696 Turbo, Lambo Diablo and a slew of other 'top-of-the-line' models from other manufacturers.

Tell your friends to STFU, it ain't your fault they bought into the wrong car

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote