Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-12-2009, 01:06 PM   #43
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Very nice I think with the New Camaro and the Volt things will get better for GM if we could just keep the news media from scaring the American public to death about the crummy economy maybe some of these companies will make it.

Sean
i agree. lets leave the past behind, start anew and PUT THE SPOTLIGHT on GM's new winners! = buick surpassing lexus in quality, caddys revial and amazingness, CAMARO CAMARO CAMARO, the super cool and successful MALIBU... come on. theres a lot to love and its finally got QUALITY, too.

LONG LIVE GM
vm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #44
Zeroburn

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
Does anybody find it WRONG that the cop pulled the guy over just to look at his car?

Whether he liked my car or not, if a cop pulls me over for no reason, I will report him. He abused his authority in this instance. I love cops and am so greatful that they do what they do on a daily basis, but overstepping your boundaries is not cool. So this cop put on his emergency flashers, pulled someone over (causing stress on the driver), creating a dangerous situation with a cop standing in the road...and why? Because the guy thought his car was cool?

Honestly, if this guy didn't pull over...because he knew he didn't do anything wrong, he would've been ran up on charges. Nothing grinds my gears more than people abusing authority.

Two of my friends are cops and I'm in good with a lot of the cops in my hometown but it's ridiculous to hear something like this.

Dude, car shows and dealerships come around for a reason. Just follow the guy until he pulls into a parking lot to talk to him about it.
I couldn't agree more. If i was pulled over then a report would be the least of my weapons. How does he know i'm not in a rush somewhere? Maybe I have to run to the bathroom so bad i'm going to crap in my pants...

Who gives ANYONE the right to interrupt someones day like that. And were not talking about someone asking you 100 questions on the street begging you not to leave, this is someone who MAKES you listen to them, OR ELSE.

I am not trying to veer off from the topic much, in fact that was probably the best thing i've read in a few weeks(since my status hit 3800 and stayed, even tho "shipped")

Thanks for posting since i never see cnn anyways
P.s. I hope that cops pulls me over. I wouldn't mind some of the a-hole cops in my area paying for my new camaro after daddy and his lawyer friends are done.
Zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #45
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroburn View Post
I couldn't agree more. If i was pulled over then a report would be the least of my weapons. How does he know i'm not in a rush somewhere? Maybe I have to run to the bathroom so bad i'm going to crap in my pants...

Who gives ANYONE the right to interrupt someones day like that. And were not talking about someone asking you 100 questions on the street begging you not to leave, this is someone who MAKES you listen to them, OR ELSE.

I am not trying to veer off from the topic much, in fact that was probably the best thing i've read in a few weeks(since my status hit 3800 and stayed, even tho "shipped")

P.s. I hope that cops pulls me over. I wouldn't mind some of the a-hole cops in my area paying for my new camaro after daddy and his lawyer friends are done.
and if you treat a cop like that he is going to give you a ticket. A cop isnt just going to pull you over for no reason, if you are a ass to him he is going to find a way to give you a ticket. Which means your daddy and his lawyer friends are to be doing something else for you in court.

seriously the story is A probably made up but B if the author had acted like a jerk like you are suggesting then he would have got a ticket.
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #46
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
They scrapped the Volt. Was too expensive.
That would be thoroughly incorrect. The Volt is still slated for production in late 2010.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #47
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroburn View Post

Yet someone else that could stand a chill pill! I certainly wouldn't be upset and if I was truly in a hurry I'd just let him know. It did not bother me a bit when a VA State Trooper pulled me over in 1969 to get a closer look at my new Z/28, being friendly with law enforcement can pay all kinds of dividends when you need some help from them down the road. Back on topic, a very positive aticle that I was surprised to see from CNN, it looks like the new Camaro is getting quite a bit of good press response.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #48
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That would be thoroughly incorrect. The Volt is still slated for production in late 2010.

seen it at the NY International Auto Show (along with the new Cruze) i think they looked real kool
Old 04-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #49
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Optimistic CNN Money article about Camaro

Check it out- another thumbs up for the car- not just from driving it, but for the health and well being of the General.

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/...iew/index.html
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote