Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Break Squeaking While driving!?

For some reason SINCE i have bought my car one of the left breaks has been squeaky.. Just recently it has started squealing/ squeaking when i am driving.. It will stop when i apply the break for a bit and then start up again.. After i drove home from laguna beach ( 90 Miles ) And listened to the squeeling for the larger part of the drive when i pulled up to my drive way and applied the break it made a really trippy noise.. What could this be?? I doubt the Stealership will fix it even tho i am under warranty so what should i do?
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Is it a constant "squeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll" or is it intermittent "squeal. squeal. squeal. squeal"

Only two things I can think that would cause it is a warped rotor or a stuck caliper piston. Either way I would take it to a dealer and see what they say. If it's a stuck caliper then it should be covered. The rotor may or may not.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Is it a constant "squeallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllll" or is it intermittent "squeal. squeal. squeal. squeal"

Only two things I can think that would cause it is a warped rotor or a stuck caliper piston. Either way I would take it to a dealer and see what they say. If it's a stuck caliper then it should be covered. The rotor may or may not.
Its a constant squeallllll from what I can hear. Its hard to tell while im driving from my side buy im almost positive.. What can cause a caliper to stick?
Old 08-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #4
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
If it's a stuck caliper when talking about the Brembos it would be a piston in the bore. Either debris in the system got into the bore or there is something wrong with the bore itself.

If it is on a floating caliper like the PBR's on the 4th gens or the V6 5th gens it could be all of the above plus the pins that the caliper floats/slides on could be bent or have a similar issue to the pistons.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
For some reason SINCE i have bought my car one of the left breaks has been squeaky.. Just recently it has started squealing/ squeaking when i am driving.. It will stop when i apply the break for a bit and then start up again.. After i drove home from laguna beach ( 90 Miles ) And listened to the squeeling for the larger part of the drive when i pulled up to my drive way and applied the break it made a really trippy noise.. What could this be?? I doubt the Stealership will fix it even tho i am under warranty so what should i do?
Nighthawk89,

Sincere apologies to hear about the squeak you're experiencing. If you decide to take the vehicle to the dealer, I'd have no problem keeping a close eye on the diagnosis for you. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Nighthawk89,

Sincere apologies to hear about the squeak you're experiencing. If you decide to take the vehicle to the dealer, I'd have no problem keeping a close eye on the diagnosis for you. Feel free to send me a PM if I can be of assistance.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks william. I will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow possibly. Maybe they will even actually take the time to look at the steering issue while its atleast on the rack..
Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Thanks william. I will be taking it into the dealer tomorrow possibly. Maybe they will even actually take the time to look at the steering issue while its atleast on the rack..
Keep me posted!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote