Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 01-16-2017, 08:12 AM   #57
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnormo View Post
Baseline with Texas Speed Performance full exhaust and SLP stage 2 intake 401hp 400 ft-lbs.

Using HP tuners and I'm going for AFR rather than max power
Auto or Manual?
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #58
xShadow

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm really new to the forums, but I have a Hypertech Max energy tuner. I have the 2010 L99 SS with a K&N cai, bbk xpipe and borla atak axle back. Is this tuner okay to use as my car currently sits? I'm planning on getting long tube headers here in the near future. Will this change anything? I'm very noobish with all this.
xShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:45 AM   #59
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadow View Post
I'm really new to the forums, but I have a Hypertech Max energy tuner. I have the 2010 L99 SS with a K&N cai, bbk xpipe and borla atak axle back. Is this tuner okay to use as my car currently sits? I'm planning on getting long tube headers here in the near future. Will this change anything? I'm very noobish with all this.
Hello and welcome.

Unfortunately there is no custom tuning support for that tuner, it is best you return the car to stock and sell off the Hypertech.

You will need to purchase an SCT X4 hand held tuner and a custom tune for your modifications.

We provide that service.

Please feel free to visit our web site to order yours today.

I also offer buy your parts from me get tuning for those parts free once I have tuned your car which saves hundreds to thousands in tuning cost as your project progresses.

Ted.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #60
xShadow

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So is the hypertech basically useless? What's the difference with the custom tune? I'm sorry for all these noobish questions but this is my first car and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
xShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 12:16 PM   #61
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadow View Post
So is the hypertech basically useless? What's the difference with the custom tune? I'm sorry for all these noobish questions but this is my first car and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
Over the counter tunes are meant for completely stock vehicles.

Custom tune take in to account all your aftermarket parts.

Custom tuning is developed on the chassis dyno and on the track for all aftermarket mods.

Ted.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #62
race24x

Drives: 80 Z28 - 93 Z28 - 14 Camaro SS-RS
Hello, Your best option is to add a CAI and Long Tube headers with high flow cats then add a custom tune for best performance.

Parts add Power, Custom tuning makes the parts work to full potential.

Custom tuning alone does not add much power 5-10 RWHP tops and I am sure your getting that with the Canned Diablo tunes.

Most of the Feel of more power comes from removal of torque management.

Hope this helps.

Ted.

Hey Ted I have the Diablo Sport Trinity T1000. I loaded the Diablo tune, which I think is the 93 octane tune. Does this remove the torque management? I think I noticed this when I downshift, there is less lag int he pedal. Is that what we are talking about here?

Last question sorry I have a CAI with the top that I have read is the good one and a muffler delete. I am looking into headers and there are alot on your site. Which ones are the ones you recommend for the 48HP increase?
race24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:10 AM   #63
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by race24x View Post
Hey Ted I have the Diablo Sport Trinity T1000. I loaded the Diablo tune, which I think is the 93 octane tune. Does this remove the torque management? I think I noticed this when I downshift, there is less lag int he pedal. Is that what we are talking about here?

Last question sorry I have a CAI with the top that I have read is the good one and a muffler delete. I am looking into headers and there are alot on your site. Which ones are the ones you recommend for the 48HP increase?
Hello, It likely removes some but not all torque management the canned tunes are pretty conservative, bare min to make you feel a difference.

All long tube headers will add around 30 RWHP it comes down to quality, fit, finish, Design, completeness of the header kit when you make a choice.

We carry many brands to cover a wide price range.

We only choose companies we are confident in the quality, fit, and performance.

Dynatech are our most popular seller with Stainless power following right behind them.

Ted.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #64
who-dat

Drives: 2011 1ss
How can a tuning shop do custom email tunes? I'm trying to understand this:

There's multiple DiabloSport programmers, but what program does the tuner use to tune the different DiabloSport users through email?

Same question above, but also for SCT, HPT, and EFIL?
who-dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #65
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by who-dat View Post
How can a tuning shop do custom email tunes? I'm trying to understand this:

There's multiple DiabloSport programmers, but what program does the tuner use to tune the different DiabloSport users through email?

Same question above, but also for SCT, HPT, and EFIL?
I do 3-5 a day, I employ over 35 years of engine tuning experience to every tune I do.

I send you a hand held tuner, you will follow my custom tune instructions to obtain your custom tune over email.

I recommend SCT X4 for best remote tuning solution for the Gen5 camaro.

Ted.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #66
who-dat

Drives: 2011 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I do 3-5 a day, I employ over 35 years of engine tuning experience to every tune I do.

I send you a hand held tuner, you will follow my custom tune instructions to obtain your custom tune over email.

I recommend SCT X4 for best remote tuning solution for the Gen5 camaro.

Ted.
Thanks for the reply.

At the moment, I have a T1000. Are you able to do email tuning through this?
who-dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #67
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by who-dat View Post
Thanks for the reply.

At the moment, I have a T1000. Are you able to do email tuning through this?
Yes sir, I have different instructions for those but similar process.

Email me tedj@jannettyracing.com

Ted.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #68
rdsesq

Drives: 2013 Rally Yellow SS/RS
Can hand help tuners meet my requirement...

Need to do a tune. I know what I want, but, don't know if it falls in the parameters of what handhelds can do. The car is a 2013 6.2L AT L99.
I am in the SF Bay Area so Blu808 is local. Trying to see if a handheld will suffice for my requirements or just go to a true custom tune. (Doing a bunch of show quality stereo work so adding around 100lbs in the trunk, rear seat area, not sure how much that would affect tune requirements or if it would really require a dyno-only based tune.)

Requirements:
Tune for 91 Octane.
Engine mods: K&N Blackhawk CAI and Corsa 3.0" Cat-Back + X-Pipe exhaust.
Support for adding headers at a later date.
Ability to return to factory tune. (This seems pretty standard with the handhelds.)
Keep DOD but have it run only when in D mode, have DOD disabled if in M mode.
Tune automatic trans settings (shift points, etc)
Tune drive by wire response. There seems to be a time lag build it to the drive by wire, it would be nice to reduce that a bit)

That's my list. So are these things that a handheld will do, or should I just try blu808 which will run a bit more but worth it if I can get my requirements met.

Last edited by rdsesq; 07-26-2017 at 01:39 PM.
rdsesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:14 AM   #69
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsesq View Post
Need to do a tune. I know what I want, but, don't know if it falls in the parameters of what handhelds can do. The car is a 2013 6.2L AT L99.
I am in the SF Bay Area so Blu808 is local. Trying to see if a handheld will suffice for my requirements or just go to a true custom tune. (Doing a bunch of show quality stereo work so adding around 100lbs in the trunk, rear seat area, not sure how much that would affect tune requirements or if it would really require a dyno-only based tune.)

Requirements:
Tune for 91 Octane.
Engine mods: K&N Blackhawk CAI and Corsa 3.0" Cat-Back + X-Pipe exhaust.
Support for adding headers at a later date.
Ability to return to factory tune. (This seems pretty standard with the handhelds.)
Keep DOD but have it run only when in D mode, have DOD disabled if in M mode.
Tune automatic trans settings (shift points, etc)
Tune drive by wire response. There seems to be a time lag build it to the drive by wire, it would be nice to reduce that a bit)

That's my list. So are these things that a handheld will do, or should I just try blu808 which will run a bit more but worth it if I can get my requirements met.
The SCT X4 along with a JRE custom tune will meet all your requirements.

The stock tune file is stored on the device so you can return to stock any time.

There is Zero advantage to DOD many have proven it so OFF is standard in all custom tunes.

Feel free to call with any questions.

Ted.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #70
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
should i stick with the sct x3 for a flex fuel tune with full bolt ons, or should i sell the x3 and get HPTuners? I was going to switch to HPT when i went to internals, but i really want to run e85 lol i know of the fuel system upgrades (looking at 65-75 lb injectors and DSX aux pump) but need to figure out the tuning side of things first.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
handheld tuner, how to tune, tuning advice