Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
dect

Drives: None
I ordered my Camaro!!!:)

I'm sure to some of you ordering a camaro is not a big deal. Eh, it's a car so what? Well, after working for my mom for a year and a half and saving for my Mustang ( converted a few weeks ago) I finally ordered it!

I got a 2LT/RS Cyber Grey Metallic/Black Rally Stripe Camaro! We spent about a week trying to find a decent dealer some of them tried to scam me saying that the lowest one was 49,000. I tried to correct him but I am wrong? No, my friend I am not you are ignorant.

The guy I ran into only charged MSRP and a 250$ deposit (we have boughten a hummer and a Silverado from him) which is GREAT! My allocation spot is 10/14 so yay! Only 2 people ordered a V6 everyone else a V8 so my worries about having to wait FOREVER for a car are gone. Sure, I want a SS really bad. But it just is not reachable for me. I am proud of my 2LT I can still kick a Stock V8 Mustangs ass with a few mods. How does that feel FORD?!

Anyways, before I bore you guys I am very proud of my car and of what I have done. I always wanted the "Bumblebee Car" but I was ignorant to the fact that it was a 2010 Camaro

Thank you GM, for making a affordable badass car!

P.S How do you get Ambient Lighting?
dect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dect View Post
I'm sure to some of you ordering a camaro is not a big deal. Eh, it's a car so what? Well, after working for my mom for a year and a half and saving for my Mustang ( converted a few weeks ago) I finally ordered it!

I got a 2LT/RS Cyber Grey Metallic/Black Rally Stripe Camaro! We spent about a week trying to find a decent dealer some of them tried to scam me saying that the lowest one was 49,000. I tried to correct him but I am wrong? No, my friend I am not you are ignorant.

The guy I ran into only charged MSRP and a 250$ deposit (we have boughten a hummer and a Silverado from him) which is GREAT! My allocation spot is 10/14 so yay! Only 2 people ordered a V6 everyone else a V8 so my worries about having to wait FOREVER for a car are gone. Sure, I want a SS really bad. But it just is not reachable for me. I am proud of my 2LT I can still kick a Stock V8 Mustangs ass with a few mods. How does that feel FORD?!

Anyways, before I bore you guys I am very proud of my car and of what I have done. I always wanted the "Bumblebee Car" but I was ignorant to the fact that it was a 2010 Camaro

Congrats, so 49,000 for an RS huh?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
congrats buddy, to me ordering the camaro IS a big deal. i wanted a new one since i got my licence but could never afford it. but now... just like u, i will get my dream car as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
dect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
yea, the guy (not the person I bought from) tried to say thats how much it was. Stupid stupid dealers.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
yea, the guy (not the person I bought from) tried to say thats how much it was. Stupid stupid dealers.
Glad you saw the light!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm so glad you placed your order and didn't get screwed! Even though I have to wait, it is always exciting to see that people will be getting theirs soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great KJ View Post
This is an opportunity to remind everyone of an important fact.

Your dealer is an idiot. Recently, I have investigated this trend of stupid dealers and found that, like many other demented organizations, dealers haze their employees. In the case of dealers, the procedure is particularly ridiculous as the salespeople are used as piñatas until their teeth fall out from so many blows to the head. After the initiation, they are never the same, and that is oftentimes why your dealer is an idiot.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #7
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:

Order a model with leather interior. You got that covered. ** Note that they are having issues with the lighting currently (my speculation- part of the delay).

Oh- and CONGRATS. Good for you- you made the right choice.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #8
dect

Oh cool! Yea, I got leather.

Question, would Grey or Black Interior look better? I chose grey just because I have heard so many great things about it.
CGM/BLack Rally stripes.

Yea, I am so glad I did my research before I went out looking for a Camaro. The dealer knew a lot but he was like what Don't you know? I said I dunno. LAter in the conversation he said now you will get the 4 gauge system. I went what is that? Then he said "HA I GOT YOU!" He was a great guy.

Landers Chevrolet Benton,AR I-30.
Daryl ask for him anyone knowing people who don't charge over MSRP. He charged at MSRP.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Oh cool! Yea, I got leather.

Question, would Grey or Black Interior look better? I chose grey just because I have heard so many great things about it.
CGM/BLack Rally stripes.

Yea, I am so glad I did my research before I went out looking for a Camaro. The dealer knew a lot but he was like what Don't you know? I said I dunno. LAter in the conversation he said now you will get the 4 gauge system. I went what is that? Then he said "HA I GOT YOU!" He was a great guy.

Landers Chevrolet Benton,AR I-30.
Daryl ask for him anyone knowing people who don't charge over MSRP. He charged at MSRP.
I believe we decided this was indeed the black interior and just looks grey because of camera flash and lighting. Pretend it's black as you look.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=87

and here is the grey (it is 2-tone)

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...75&postcount=1

As far as which to choose ? That's 100% personal preference my friend.

I ordered a Red Jewel 2SS/RS with grey leather and grey rally stripes.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Congrats on gettin' in the game. I only wish I was your age and even thinking about a Camaro.

I'm curious who the dealer was that wanted the 49K?

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #11
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYAL8R View Post
Congrats on gettin' in the game. I only wish I was your age and even thinking about a Camaro.

I'm curious who the dealer was that wanted the 49K?
Probably the first one Blur went to- hence the sig...
Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Congratulations! Enjoy the car.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 PM   #13
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Probably the first one Blur went to- hence the sig...
I have so far only been to dealers that have interviewed me for jobs. Those include Superior Chevrolet and Crown Chevrolet. Both of them have some very good features, but their salespeople are only sharp enough to sell to those who stumble blindly in the door.

I was frustrated with both of them because I work in customer service and have worked in sales. The problem with these guys is that they see the guy coming in the door as one sale when the truth is that the average buyer comes back in 5 years, and all of the time in between can be filled with potential customers that the very same buyer knows. They count on people coming in the door every once in a while, but they never rise above their expectations.

Of course, there is the rare instance that someone participates in an online enthusiast community with good dealers, like teamlynn1 or CamaroScotty. There are always good guys on theses sites where we bitch about the bad ones. As someone who is professionally aggressive and competitive, I am constantly amazed by how little it takes to get ahead of they guy in the next cubicle, office, or building. These dealership fools take for granted their lazy time between sales when they should spend every minute of their available time trying to find new customers to make the commissions that pay for their families' meals. If I were one of them, I would be on the forums—many props to the dealers on Camaro5—building myself a reputation, handing out business cards everywhere I went, and calling former customers asking how much they like their cars.

As I said, I am an aggressive businessperson. Lazy salespeople frustrate me.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I have so far only been to dealers that have interviewed me for jobs. Those include Superior Chevrolet and Crown Chevrolet. Both of them have some very good features, but their salespeople are only sharp enough to sell to those who stumble blindly in the door.

I was frustrated with both of them because I work in customer service and have worked in sales. The problem with these guys is that they see the guy coming in the door as one sale when the truth is that the average buyer comes back in 5 years, and all of the time in between can be filled with potential customers that the very same buyer knows. They count on people coming in the door every once in a while, but they never rise above their expectations.

Of course, there is the rare instance that someone participates in an online enthusiast community with good dealers, like teamlynn1 or CamaroScotty. There are always good guys on theses sites where we bitch about the bad ones. As someone who is professionally aggressive and competitive, I am constantly amazed by how little it takes to get ahead of they guy in the next cubicle, office, or building. These dealership fools take for granted their lazy time between sales when they should spend every minute of their available time trying to find new customers to make the commissions that pay for their families' meals. If I were one of them, I would be on the forums—many props to the dealers on Camaro5—building myself a reputation, handing out business cards everywhere I went, and calling former customers asking how much they like their cars.

As I said, I am an aggressive businessperson. Lazy salespeople frustrate me.
I can tell you're one of those "If you're going to do it, do it right" people. I respect that. More people should follow your (our ) lead.