Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #71
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
what does it matter if they use a steel or Iron or Aluminum or Paper Machie' block??
As long as it performs and is durable to withstand the test of time, why would you care?
Just feel the need to hate?
weight....and the lack of abilty to make an Aluminum block that can withstand the test of time.....
Old 02-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #72
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982camaro View Post
wow, lots of mixed reactions and emotions. I already knew i was going to get some heat for creating a thread like this.

thanks for all the info, its been a lot of help.

but so far i'm sold on the ls3 camaro. only thing that worries me is gm dieing and my warranty becoming no good.

I'm glad you are getting a SS Camaro, but still... it was no reason for those guys to be assholes

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #73
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982camaro View Post
wow, lots of mixed reactions and emotions. I already knew i was going to get some heat for creating a thread like this.

thanks for all the info, its been a lot of help.

but so far i'm sold on the ls3 camaro. only thing that worries me is gm dieing and my warranty becoming no good.
I see that as a self fufilling prophecy. If people don't buy from GM due to warranty fear, the company will go under and it will become a justified fear. However, if nobody worried about it they wouldn't lose sales and things will be alright. Waay over simplified of course, but you get my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrisSullivan View Post
what does it matter if they use a steel or Iron or Aluminum or Paper Machie' block??
As long as it performs and is durable to withstand the test of time, why would you care?
Just feel the need to hate?
paper maché . . . lol . . . then again I suppose if they mixed it with enough epoxy it might hold up long enough for a couple of cycles. Sounds like an interesting project for someone.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #74
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
wow... I was going to respond to a lot of the posts... but I lost so much iq just reading thru this thread that I cant remember what I was going to say.

I will say this. Buy the SS. you wont be disappointed. save for the money you'll spend on new tires from roasting them too much.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote