Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 06-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #1
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Z28 Appearance Preferences

Well my friends, while we are still in the days of speculation and anticipation over the possibility of a Z28, there have been many great discussions and friendly debates over our performance preferences for this potential Camaro model.

I wanted to add a topic that we could discuss that wouldn't overlap too much with those informed threads. This one will be solely about appearance preferences. I don't think the subject has been touched on to any great length yet, often being overshadowed by potential performance set-ups.

So my question is this: What would your ideal Z28 5th gen look like from a purely aesthetic stylistic perspective?

Would you want things like heritage grill with the Z28 emblem offset to the lower right hand corner? What about a spoiler unique to the Z28 similar to the aftermarket one that invokes a 2nd gen look to the rear end? Perhaps you'd be interested in a different front facia or hood? I'm interested in hearing what you all come up with on this topic.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I like the Leno front and hood, but prefer a more aggressive 1 piece rear spoiler (RKSport?). For the grill I'd like to see something not so angled back at the ends. More flattened out like the rs front grills in the 67' - 69' models (see pic to left)
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I like the Leno front and hood, but prefer a more aggressive 1 piece rear spoiler (RKSport?). For the grill I'd like to see something not so angled back at the ends. More flattened out like the rs front grills in the 67' - 69' models (see pic to left)

And leave the bowtie off.
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Amen.
Z28 on the right side of grill, Z28 on the fender (below Camaro?), Z28 to replace rear bowtie in center, & 427 on the cowl hood.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:30 AM   #5
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I think the ZL1 should have looked like the Leno concept and the Z28 should look like the new ZL1. I think the classiness of the Leno car fits the ZL1 and the racy styling of the ZL1 should have been on the Z28.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
So my question is this: What would your ideal Z28 5th gen look like from a purely aesthetic stylistic perspective?
This says it all for me :

Name:  IMG_0165.jpg
Views: 4279
Size:  177.9 KB
Old 06-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
LoneCynic

Functional gills seems very cool, I wonder what they could do to keep that from becoming a chip heavy area for the paint though. I would like to see a 2nd gen inspired spoiler exclusive to the Z28, heritage grill with Z28 logo offset to the right and no bowtie on the front. I am also thinking a hood with a vent, functional or not, with no mail slot on whatever facia they choose to use. That way it is differentiated from the SS. What other ideas do you all have?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
I'll be happy if there's a white with orange stripe option.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Bumblebee 2, please
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
With this many models I think the Z28 should be more unique and needs something big to set it apart. A completely different nose? T-Tops? Covered headlights or 4 square headlights? I like the flat / straight grill mentioned above (no bow tie), and certainly unique spoilers and hoods are great ideas. I like the Z28 logo on the rocker panel right behind the front wheels, possibly with small stripe(s) along the rocker.
Flashpoint135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
the bumblebee from TF2 was frickin AWESOME, i absolutely LOVE that hood, i think it should look similar to that.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #12
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
This is my concept of the Z28, I tried to add in all the favorite pieces and trimmed some of the fat.

thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
LoneCynic

I like where you're headed with that, Pill, but I'd really hate to see the ride height lowered that much plus a lower chin as your concept shows. My LS rides low enough to the road as it is. You have to be extra aware of curb heights and driveway bumps and such as it is. I've parked within inches of messing up my facia a few times, and I actually backed far enough into a parking space once that I have a slight scratch on one of my rear mufflers.

I understand that a Z28 might have a slightly lower suspension height, but I'd hate to add anything that made it even more tricky to maneuver around uneven surfaces.

I'd really like the heritage grill to be standard on the Z28. I like the stock grill well enough on my LS, but I would prefer something else to be the norm for the Z28.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #14
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
I like where you're headed with that, Pill, but I'd really hate to see the ride height lowered that much plus a lower chin as your concept shows. My LS rides low enough to the road as it is. You have to be extra aware of curb heights and driveway bumps and such as it is. I've parked within inches of messing up my facia a few times, and I actually backed far enough into a parking space once that I have a slight scratch on one of my rear mufflers.

I understand that a Z28 might have a slightly lower suspension height, but I'd hate to add anything that made it even more tricky to maneuver around uneven surfaces.

I'd really like the heritage grill to be standard on the Z28. I like the stock grill well enough on my LS, but I would prefer something else to be the norm for the Z28.
I know the ride height is really low but I was going for pure bred racing function before anything else but I know exactly what you mean. The grill was designed for maximum airflow and the Leno heat extractors to relieve hood lift, I went with racing function there too... I got the front splitter idea from previous Z28's..

I think my concept fits right in there with these other Z28's.... don't you?
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote