Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #29
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
I wet the rubber seal then closed the hood. Sealed perfectly. In fact, a week into it and I already see the indent the rubber seal made on the mat attached on the hood. If you're serious about it, just buy it, you won't regret it.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:16 PM   #30
Gen5jayz
2015 1SS/RS NPP 1LE

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS NPP 1LE
I'm ordering one for my car
Old 06-20-2015, 08:09 PM   #31
1LE_Track_Star

Drives: 2015 RRM 1SS/RS 1LE NPP Recaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5jayz View Post
I'm ordering one for my car
I guess it would be time for me to order one too . . . an NJ double install haha
1LE_Track_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #32
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Is anyone going to have these at this years Camaro Fest???
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #33
LT1Zob

Just to have it, i just ordered the $60 replacement filter from Amazon. Sold thru and shiiped by Amazon so don't care. If it's some crappy knock off, amazon stands by it's products 100%. It does clearly state that it is original AC Delco OEM equipment. Just got an email, expected shipping 7/24
Old 06-21-2015, 11:05 PM   #34
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
Just wanted to post an update in case others are looking to buy this too. First, yes, it's awesome, you won't regret it. Second, just so you know, it's a dry filter and the replacement filter is $139 at your local dealer. And yes, that's US dollars, not pesos, already asked that question myself. But honestly, drove it a couple times after the install and it is great.
Thanks for the confirmation that the filter element is indeed a dry one! I never really cared for those oil impregnated elements. They miss so many types of varying particles that you find associated with roads or road construction such as lye and concrete dust.

Oh, who was nice enough to sign your upper driver strut support (Scott and Al)? And nice job on keeping the engine bay clean!
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:26 PM   #35
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun1le View Post
Thanks for the confirmation that the filter element is indeed a dry one! I never really cared for those oil impregnated elements. They miss so many types of varying particles that you find associated with roads or road construction such as lye and concrete dust.

Oh, who was nice enough to sign your upper driver strut support (Scott and Al)? And nice job on keeping the engine bay clean!
One of the very few bonuses of living in MI is that most of these guys live near by. It's Al and Scott on the left, Adam Barry and Jim Kalahar on the right. See them at car shows and various events. Every one of them, and I've met so many, are just absolutely stand up guys. So incredibly appreciative of us buying their product. They'll spend hours talking to you about how your car came about, how some color or option was saved last minute from getting scrapped, just awesome stories for any true enthusiast.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #36
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
One of the very few bonuses of living in MI is that most of these guys live near by. It's Al and Scott on the left, Adam Barry and Jim Kalahar on the right. See them at car shows and various events. Every one of them, and I've met so many, are just absolutely stand up guys. So incredibly appreciative of us buying their product. They'll spend hours talking to you about how your car came about, how some color or option was saved last minute from getting scrapped, just awesome stories for any true enthusiast.
Here's hoping they decide to write a book... Thanks for sharing!
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:13 PM   #37
LT1Zob

Just to update you guys. My Amazon Z28 filter came in 2 weeks ago, way before the promised date. It is in fact 100% OEM, same as you would get from the dealer parts dept.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 AM   #38
Andoskyy

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS/RS 1LE
I installed the Roto-Fab then the Z28 intake and I barely noticed a difference in sound compared to stock even at WOT. Interesting you you thought it sounded awesome having not even driven it.

I have a post about it in the general forum, but I decided to keep the Z28 intake because of the OEM look. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416207

I noticed no performance difference between the two and barely any performance difference over stock.
Andoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 07:09 AM   #39
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
more confused

been following CAI replacements. the brand CAI keeps topping the list and has an insulated box and ceramic coated tube with see through built in seal. next add on a scoop.

now you have replaced the top choice brand with a Z28 stock setup. do not notice a difference but say it is awesome.

what am I missing? just do not get it. You did say it was to get a stock OEM one as opposed to an after market.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:00 PM   #40
dozSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
been following CAI replacements. the brand CAI keeps topping the list and has an insulated box and ceramic coated tube with see through built in seal. next add on a scoop.

now you have replaced the top choice brand with a Z28 stock setup. do not notice a difference but say it is awesome.

what am I missing? just do not get it. You did say it was to get a stock OEM one as opposed to an after market.
He is saying its awesome due to the OEM fit and finish of the Z/28 CAI and the fact that he did not notice a difference between the highly rated CAI intake.

He is happy that he has an OEM intake which fits better than an aftermarket and did not seem to lose any performance. I would say that is awesome too? I think its a good thing that manufacturers are getting with the times finally and providing a QUALITY option for aftermarket goodies. I know with the MOPAR intakes on the RAM trucks, their "CAI" is an absolute joke and it commands a higher price than other quality aftermarket products.
dozSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #41
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Do you lose air flow where there is that accordion on the elbow of the Z28 intake hose?

Very very OEM'esque looking that accordion....
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #42
LT1Zob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozSS View Post
He is saying its awesome due to the OEM fit and finish of the Z/28 CAI and the fact that he did not notice a difference between the highly rated CAI intake.

He is happy that he has an OEM intake which fits better than an aftermarket and did not seem to lose any performance. I would say that is awesome too? I think its a good thing that manufacturers are getting with the times finally and providing a QUALITY option for aftermarket goodies. I know with the MOPAR intakes on the RAM trucks, their "CAI" is an absolute joke and it commands a higher price than other quality aftermarket products.
Thank You dozSS for translating. Apparently, my ingleesh, she is not so good. I seem to have left everyone very confused...
HERE MY how you say, ah yes, OPINION:
Nothing wrong with CAI brand, but the Z28 with the open box design sounds better under load. Raced last weekend, then drove home late on back roads, it sounded amazing. It is a real alternative to ANY aftermarket competitor. The sealed box is great, but I drove with my Z28 one for 2hrs, stopped, poped the hood and placed my hand on the plastic endcap of the filter. It was ICE cold.
The Z28 CAI is not made by my company, i'm not a paid spokesman, I have no reason to tout it. But In my opinion, it's the only product worth my $400.

Thank you, and for actual dyno hp gains, check the z28 thread under cold air induction or something similar to that heading