Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-03-2017, 12:54 PM   #393
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
ok here is one of your responses.

14Black1LESS words of awesomeness are as follows.

So you are saying that only 10%-20% of people with Camaro's are the only ones that mod their cars?! If that was the case then there wouldn't be numerous aftermarket parts and vendors for them. I would say more like 50% mod their cars and the majority of them have V8's.

Again, a Camaro is NOT a sports car. It is a pony car. It may feel like a sports car to you but it's not. I have had sports cars and the Camaro does not feel like one, and yes that includes the 6th Gen. GM has definitely improved the handling of these cars but it's still far from a sports car. And fyi, a V6 does not sound like a V12. I will admit the V6 with NPP does sound good but it's no where close to a V12 sound.

here is another

Your cracking me up now. The majority of the exotics have V12's genius. That's why I referenced a V12, and no it does not sound like a V12 or a V10 and if you want to go to a Bugatti, a W16. I have heard plenty of V6's with NPP. Maybe you and your "friends" thinks it does, and that's ok but don't try to convince everyone else that it does. Your 6th Gen is still not a sports car and never will be. Don't get mad about it, as you put it, it is what it is. If you think a 4th Gen can run circles around me then you are smoking something really good. Obviously you have never driven a 1LE. I have had a 2002 Camaro SS and know very well what it is capable of. Also hate to break it to you but the new V6 is not about as fast as my car. Since you want to compare it to my car, mine is not stock. FYI, the time that I posted was for the 6th Gen 1LE SS, not the 5th Gen. Do some research before you spout off at the mouth. My performance perspective is not skewed, apparently yours is though.

here is your winning personality continuing to wow me.

As stated several times obviously but you apparently you are incoherent to understating, the V6 with NPP does not sounds like an exotic. I have heard them in person, both the V6 and exotics, and on youtube. They sound completely different. That would be just like me saying that my V8 sounds like a W16, and it sure as hell doesn't. But good for you for thinking that your car sounds like an exotic. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

then you continue to be a cool guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stigmacher View Post
Al Oppenheiser
Go to 1 minute 40 seconds...

https://youtu.be/MLPvxA131t0
Quote:
Al Oppenheiser agrees with you on the exhaust note.

https://youtu.be/MLPvxA131t0
Quote:
I love it bro GM themselves explaining the V6 exhaust as sounding very Ferrari like. I thank you for posting that made my day.

No shit he is going to say it, he is trying to sell the Camaro. If you were the Chief Engineer you would say whatever you could also to sell your product.

then you twisted up words again with this

Quote:
Well bro you love to beat a dead horse. Can I refer you to the post just above ours where GM is explaining to the media how the V6 sounds like a Ferrari.

You may want to consider trading your 5th gen in for a 6th gen you've been spending a lot of time here.
Well bro you might want to read my comment first.

Oh, I have to own a 6th Gen to be on this forum!?!?!? Damn, better go trade mine in now so I can deal with little crybabies like you.

Quote:
Let me know...
I can post many more journo's stating the same wrt the V6 exhaust note.

http://jalopnik.com/i-told-you-the-2...und-1746021137

Sure keep posting them. If you want to think the V6 sounds like a V12 then good for you.

End of Quotes.

Bro
I am tired of this game with you, all anyone has to do is read the previous few pages to see what kind of a cool guy you are. no one said the V6 sounded like a V12 EXCEPT YOU. Please drop it be cool and grow up. As stated above the 6th gen is a sports car and the V6 is fast and sounds exotic. If you can not handle that it is on you man
Wow, if that's your impression of me "down playing" the V6 then I really feel sorry for you. You really do not comprehend anything very well.

Once again Bro, you keep bringing up the exhaust sound. You compared it to an exotic, which again since you don't comprehend anything apparently, the majority of them have a V12. You want to think it sounds like an exotic then good for you. Like I have already said, whatever helps you sleep at night. And once again stated, the 6th Gen is not a sports car, has never been classified as a sports car, and never will be a sports car. But with your mentality I'm not surprised if you don't comprehend as to what a sports car really is. I guess Mustang's, Challenger's, and Charger's are sports cars now.

Oh and I love how you try to twist my words but you think I'm trying to twist your words. You have got to be a liberal.

Anyways, I'm going to go trade my slow 5th Gen V8, that a 4th Gen SS and 6th Gen V6 can run circles around or hang with, in for a 6th Gen V6 "sports car" with an "exotic" sound so I can post here. Apparently I never got the memo that this isn't a public forum and only for 6th Gen owners.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:05 PM   #394
14Black1LESS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
Which aspect of the definition of "sports car" does the 6th gen Camaro not meet?
Last time I checked, the Camaro is not a low, small car. If you have never been in a real sports car then I suggest go sitting in one and you will see how low it is to the ground. The Camaro is not small, it is still big and bulky, even the 6th Gen, which is what a muscle/pony car is. Just because something has a sports car feel, does not automatically make it a sports car. With the exception of very few cars, the majority of sports cars only have two seats.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sports%20car
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pony%20car
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/muscle%20car
Old 09-03-2017, 01:19 PM   #395
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Black1LESS View Post
Last time I checked, the Camaro is not a low, small car. If you have never been in a real sports car then I suggest go sitting in one and you will see how low it is to the ground. The Camaro is not small, it is still big and bulky, even the 6th Gen, which is what a muscle/pony car is. Just because something has a sports car feel, does not automatically make it a sports car. With the exception of very few cars, the majority of sports cars only have two seats.

Bro I really can't understand why you keep on coming here looking for a fight. Here's a link to what comes up when you type in Camaro sports car. It has a whole bunch of links from GM Canada and GM USA describing the 6th generation as a sports car. Since General Motors makes the Camaro 6 gen and they label it a sports car I think I'm going to go with them over you bro. Any chance you can stop kicking a dead horse and looking for fights on 6 gen you're more than welcome on the site of course we could just do with out the arguments

https://www.google.ca/search?q=camar....0.hR6QIaoMlII
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #396
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:

Thanks for the response. One should bear in mind that these terms are not mutually exclusive. A vehicle can be in more than one category.

Also, when I check the Oxford dictionary, I get:
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/sports_car

"A low-built car designed for performance at high speeds, often having a roof that can be folded back."

At dictionary.com I get:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/sports-car?s=t

"a small, high-powered automobile with long, low lines, usually seating two persons."

Cambridge has:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/d...ish/sports-car
"a fast, low car, often big enough for only two people"

MacMillan has:
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/u...can/sports-car

"a small fast car, often with a roof that you can take off"

So, a few things to observe.

1. "sports car" is not a precise term with a specific technical meaning, unlike, for example, "quart" that has only a single specific meaning.

2. Not every definition includes "small," making "small" a point that is not universally accepted as part of the meaning for sports car. Even so, "small" is not an absolute term; it is a relative term. My Camaro 6th gen is small when compared to other vehicles I have had.

3. "Low" is used more often than not in the definition, and the Camaro is that. Ask an older person to get in and out of a Camaro, if you have any doubt. Also, other cars tower over the Camaro, reinforcing the idea that it is indeed, low.

4. "Fast" is used more often than not in the definition, and the Camaro, regardless of which engine it has, is certainly fast. I don't think that is a point of disagreement.

5. "only large enough for 2" (or similar wording) does crop up in some, but not all, definitions, putting it into the same category as "small". The 6th gen Camaro can seat two full sized adults. Trying to put 4 full-sized adults into a 6th gen would be a horror show. There having been numerous "2+2" sports cars over the years, this is not really a limiting factor, as nobody would seriously call the 6th gen a 4 seater.

5. "High speed," "maneuverable," etc. In terms of performance and handling, the 6th gen get high marks, rendering this term affirming for the Camaro.

So, when one breaks down the common definitions of Sports Car, we see that the Camaro, while looked upon as a muscle car or pony car by many, can easily and correctly also be called a sports car.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:19 PM   #397
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
....And once again stated, the 6th Gen is not a sports car, has never been classified as a sports car, and never will be a sports car. But with your mentality I'm not surprised if you don't comprehend as to what a sports car really is. I guess Mustang's, Challenger's, and Charger's are sports cars now.
Ok, I am not taking sides in the 14Black1LESS / IMadeYouReadThis "debate", but I will hope to add some clarity on vehicle segment classifications.

Over the many years that I worked in GM Product Planning we used several different sources for vehicle classification. Our own, Wards Automotive, R.L. Polk, EPA, and one that I am suddenly drawing a blank on, but when I remember I'll add it. All of them except EPA classify Camaro and Mustang as Sports Cars. EPA classifies them as Sporty Cars.

Most classify
* Miata, BRZ, WRX, etc as Small Sports Cars.
* Camaro, Mustang, Genesis Coupe, Nissan 370Z are classified as Mid-Sized Sports Cars.
* Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, etc are classified as Premium Sports Cars.
* Challengers and Chargers are classified as Large Cars (not Large Sports Cars, just Large Cars)

We now return you to our regularly scheduled pissing match.

*** EDIT *** Just remembered....Automotive News
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #398
stigmacher

Drives: 1LT 1LE
Yeh. The V6 1le - faster around VIR than an Audi R8 V8, a 997 911 Carrera S & faster through the VIR infield than a Jaguar Project 7 & an Audi R8 V10+, but... not a sports car. Who cares what he calls it. It has sports car performance.
stigmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #399
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
V8
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #400
UK Basketball Rocks

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
V8
Who in their right mind would have a V6 Camaro if they could afford a V8?, Nobody that I know.
UK Basketball Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:46 PM   #401
IMadeYouReadThis

They're all awesome engines my favorite is the V6 best bang for your buck if my honest opinion.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #402
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Basketball Rocks View Post
Who in their right mind would have a V6 Camaro if they could afford a V8?, Nobody that I know.
How old are you bro just wondering if you don't mind sharing
Old 09-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #403
UK Basketball Rocks

Quote:
How old are you bro just wondering if you don't mind sharing
I grew up with V8's being the norm in Muscle Cars so my opinion is biased I suppose.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #404
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
They're all awesome engines my favorite is the V6 best bang for your buck if my honest opinion.
the 2.0T is the best bang for your buck. Followed by the LT1. The V6 is the least bang for your buck. $2K gets you 450WHP in the 2.0T, with a turbo upgrade. Potential to go even beyond that if you want. To make the same power with the V6, you're looking at spending at least $6K. That $6K negates any savings in choosing a V6 over the V8. $6K with an LT1 gets you over 700WHP. Some of you V6 owners are delusional.

If you don't want to add any mods, and don't want the V8--then the V6 is the way to go. If you don't want the V8, but intend to mod the car, then the 2.0T is the clear winner. If you want to push to the absolute limits of the chassis--V8 all day.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #405
UK Basketball Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
the 2.0T is the best bang for your buck. Followed by the LT1. The V6 is the least bang for your buck. $2K gets you 450WHP in the 2.0T, with a turbo upgrade. Potential to go even beyond that if you want. To make the same power with the V6, you're looking at spending at least $6K. That $6K negates any savings in choosing a V6 over the V8. $6K with an LT1 gets you over 700WHP. Some of you V6 owners are delusional.

If you don't want to add any mods, and don't want the V8--then the V6 is the way to go. If you don't want the V8, but intend to mod the car, then the 2.0T is the clear winner. If you want to push to the absolute limits of the chassis--V8 all day.
$2k may get you 450rhp and may not but either way you still sound like a Honda Civic with a fart can...
Old 09-03-2017, 09:30 PM   #406
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Basketball Rocks View Post
$2k may get you 450rhp and may not but either way you still sound like a Honda Civic with a fart can...
It doesn't sound anything like that. It's really not a bad sound. Does it sound as good as a V6 or V8? No, but it's not an unpleasant sound.