Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #57
Wellillbedamned
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I'm in. Got a room.
Wellillbedamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #58
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
this is going to be one hell on a ride!!! i can't wait!!
Old 10-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #59
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Camaro21 is in from DFW area !! Hotel room (Fairfield Inn) is booked !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #60
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Camaro21 is in from DFW area !! Hotel room (Fairfield Inn) is booked !!
Are you coming down from Dallas to join the SA Houston Caravan... ???

Cool if you are, but we are planning on meeting up with the DFW area folks at the IH 10, IH 20 interchange...

For all others... I am trying to locate a place around Junction, or Sonora for Lunch... I get home from Brazil in about ten days, and may road trip that way to scout locations... I am also going to get a list of all available gas stops of any size along the way, so that hopefully we can somewhat stagger the stops so we don't have 50 to 100 Camaro's stopping at the same place at the same time...

I think if we drive at a reasonable speed, people will be able to either drop out and make a stop, and then catch up or run ahead a little and then stop... Either way, we still stay as a pack and make decent time and while formed as a group, we dont have so much lag time waiting for others to potty stop, get gas, etc...

I'll post up my findings if I have to drive most of the way to El Paso, to log everything...

There is no reason it needs to take 12 or more hours to cover a 7 or 8 hour drive......

Comments...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #61
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
^ Devotion

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #62
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

Cool if you are, but we are planning on meeting up with the DFW area folks at the IH 10, IH 20 interchange...

For all others... I am trying to locate a place around Junction, or Sonora for Lunch... I get home from Brazil in about ten days, and may road trip that way to scout locations... I am also going to get a list of all available gas stops of any size along the way, so that hopefully we can somewhat stagger the stops so we don't have 50 to 100 Camaro's stopping at the same place at the same time...

I think if we drive at a reasonable speed, people will be able to either drop out and make a stop, and then catch up or run ahead a little and then stop... Either way, we still stay as a pack and make decent time and while formed as a group, we dont have so much lag time waiting for others to potty stop, get gas, etc...

I'll post up my findings if I have to drive most of the way to El Paso, to log everything...

There is no reason it needs to take 12 or more hours to cover a 7 or 8 hour drive......

Comments...

all i can say is thanks for taking charge.....
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #63
Camaro21

Quote:

Comments...
I haven't decided yet.. It depends on how many Camaro's we have here in DFW or coming through DFW.. I would love to meet up with the SA/Houston/Austin crew, but if we have a descent number of camaro's coming through DFW heading west, I will probably take that route..
Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #64
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
I haven't decided yet.. It depends on how many Camaro's we have here in DFW or coming through DFW.. I would love to meet up with the SA/Houston/Austin crew, but if we have a descent number of camaro's coming through DFW heading west, I will probably take that route..
Check in periodically with Blackhawk6!!!

He is coming from Virginia, and is going to try to get some tag-alongs through Virginia, the Carolina's Tennessee, Arkansas, etc, and head into the DFW area to join up with the DFw area peeps for the drive to Las Cruces. He already has his reservations and may possibly bring a fair sized crowd with him... But, that having been said, we will certainly welcome you if you want to come our way...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 10-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #65
Camaro21

Quote:
Check in periodically with Blackhawk6!!!

He is coming from Virginia, and is going to try to get some tag-alongs through Virginia, the Carolina's Tennessee, Arkansas, etc, and head into the DFW area to join up with the DFw area peeps for the drive to Las Cruces. He already has his reservations and may possibly bring a fair sized crowd with him... But, that having been said, we will certainly welcome you if you want to come our way...
Terry and I exchanged contact info at MTI Funfest and planned on hooking up when their group stops in Ft. Worth overnight here..
Old 10-16-2010, 04:26 AM   #66
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pappy View Post
Robert, I have been working on gathering some information for the stops and have attached my findings for comments. Gas is shown in the blue and food in the green. The biggest issue is finding a place to eat along the way that can handle the group we will have. Still looking into it and will check on the place in Ozona once we have a better head count. The best option for fuel is Junction and Ft. Stockton.
You are the bomb, thanks for putting this together. If I come up with some more places along the way, can you add them to the map. I will still make a scouting trip to find a suitable resturant along the way for lunch... I'm pretty sure between Junction and Sonora, we should be able to find something, or we stop for an early lunch in Kerrville.

Quote:
Terry and I exchanged contact info at MTI Funfest and planned on hooking up when their group stops in Ft. Worth overnight here..
I haven't met Terry in person yet, but we have talked a lot on here... Looking forward to meeting you both, if you and I haven't already met... Were you at the Laps for Charity....

Old 10-16-2010, 06:38 AM   #67
Camaro21

Quote:
You are the bomb, thanks for putting this together. If I come up with some more places along the way, can you add them to the map. I will still make a scouting trip to find a suitable resturant along the way for lunch... I'm pretty sure between Junction and Sonora, we should be able to find something, or we stop for an early lunch in Kerrville.

I haven't met Terry in person yet, but we have talked a lot on here... Looking forward to meeting you both, if you and I haven't already met... Were you at the Laps for Charity....
Yes, I was at Laps for Charity with the Lone Star Camaro group!!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:57 AM   #68
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I was at Laps for Charity with the Lone Star Camaro group!!

So was I, came in with the Austin / Centex group...Had a ball that day... and some rough memories,

Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #69
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Meet in SA @ 8sh? Good lord I'm gonna need ALOT of Red Bull.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #70
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Meet in SA @ 8sh? Good lord I'm gonna need ALOT of Red Bull.
You said and I quote... "I drive all day, til noon, and then Skip takes over"... so whats the problem... lol