Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 PM   #43
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
interesting -- my Aunt Marion Henry (Tom Senior's wife and cousin Tom and Sue's Mom) had a Camaro in that color combination in 1972. (including the white top and interior...) The car as it's designed will not meet any of the current crashworthiness standards of the U.S. or any European country -- further, we're forced to share colors corporate-wide. (and limited to 10 colors per carline...) (..........and as to color -- we could pick 50 and it would be the wrong 50.....) Perhaps we should leave the past in the past.......
By the way -- I found a duplicate to my 1973 Type LT in the original Color "Chamois" with a beige woven vinyl interior -- and as fast as I thought it was in 1973? --IT'S A DAWG!!!
Old 07-07-2018, 06:21 AM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I like the progression GM made with the gen6 car from the 5th. While I absolutely hate the front end of the 2019 SS (the non SS looks great), I believe they need to move forward in design and not move back to an early 70's looks which was the beginning of the end for large HP cars. The only good gen2 across all the years were the 70's. The rest were junk. UAW strikes,Federal regulations, and insurance rates damn near killed those cars and in retrospect probably should have. To model a car after a bunch of emissioned up low HP non performers would be a bad idea? Thank God Trans Ams were around to at least keep the platform interesting in the looks department.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #45
Stocktastic

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue SS 1LE
It kind of does... Just saying.
Stocktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:56 PM   #46
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
By the way -- I found a duplicate to my 1973 Type LT in the original Color "Chamois" with a beige woven vinyl interior -- and as fast as I thought it was in 1973? --IT'S A DAWG!!!
Scott! It's great to see you posting again. You were a large part of what made the early days of the 5th Gen such a blast to be involved with.

It is surprising how much better today's cars have become. My memory of the performance cars of the '60s had them being much more powerful than they really were. Not only that, but the chassis performance of today's cars makes them ride and handle so much better than the 'classic' cars, it's not even funny. Even a custom shop, blueprinted car back then wouldn't compete with the standard of performance we've come to take for granted today.

The one thing the classic cars do have though is style. They have that retro style that's still popular today.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:01 PM   #47
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Ill take an Avista. I dont care who makes it.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote