Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Next big project

6 point cage

Kirkey Series 71 seats

TeamTech 6-point harnesses (RamPack on left, JetPilot on right)

Might try to get the roll bars in this weekend.
Attached Images

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.

Last edited by SSSoon; 04-08-2013 at 06:04 PM.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Awesome! So much for the back seat though. Man I wish it was legal to have a removable cross bar... What color did you go with?

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #3
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadams72 View Post
Awesome! So much for the back seat though. Man I wish it was legal to have a removable cross bar... What color did you go with?
I'm not worried about FIA legal. I am doing road courses and am a long way from doing any serious competition. I want safety. My roll bars are fully removable - there is a locking point (tube clamps) 6-8 inches up from each attachment point.

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...mp_p_1467.html

Am going to mount the seats on a plate that will fit into the OEM mount points, and bolt down with two bolts. I want to be able to get the seats, harnesses, and roll bars installed in <1 hour for track days and am sure I can do it. I still take the kids to school many days in my car, so need the back seat.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Blackone

Drives: 2011er SS in black!...what else?
Awesome
Old 03-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackone View Post
Awesome
From your sig line you look like you have an interesting setup as well. Do you have pix of your seats/harnesses? and do you have a roll bar? Would love to see where all your stuff is anchored as I will be anchoring in a week or so.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Blackone

Look here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=182463&page=5

...there are many pictures
Old 03-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #7
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackone View Post
Look here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=182463&page=5

...there are many pictures
Very cool. Hey, what did you find happens to the air bags when you remove stock seats? Do they all deactivate, or does it just flash an error message on the console? And can you clear the error message easily?

I have an SLP boost gauge sitting in a box, ready to install Instructions read like it takes a lot of trimming and shaving to get things to fit. Looks like the same housing as yours but the gauge can be made to fit without cutting the back, I think.

I was thinking of ordering the same bumper inserts that you have and turning them into functional brake ducts. You consider that? Enough room in behind?

My bumper is all chipped to hell from rocks. How much was your bumper repaint?

Are the LEDS that came with the bumper insert kids white-white or blue-white? I don't like my current aftermarket P13W bulbs because they have a real blueish tinge to them.

Sorry for all the questions but cool to find someone who looks like they are 6-12 months ahead of me in my mod progress

Old 03-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #8
Blackone

Currently the two airbags are not connected. This I will do in camaro-tuning.com
Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #9
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
I'm not worried about FIA legal. I am doing road courses and am a long way from doing any serious competition. I want safety. My roll bars are fully removable - there is a locking point (tube clamps) 6-8 inches up from each attachment point.

Am going to mount the seats on a plate that will fit into the OEM mount points, and bolt down with two bolts. I want to be able to get the seats, harnesses, and roll bars installed in <1 hour for track days and am sure I can do it. I still take the kids to school many days in my car, so need the back seat.
Very cool and I hear you about hauling the kids which is the only reason I have not put a bar in yet. My car sees time on the drag strip as well and future plans will put it into the required roll bar category so a removable setup like yours won't work (wish it was legal though). Until I get to that point where it is a requirement, I'll be able to keep hauling the kids around.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
SSSoon

pulling out interior

seats, rear panels, etc., out

chipping out sound deadening material now
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
SSSoon

that's enough for tonight

insulation scraped out, one shot shows primer on so it doesn't rust. More tomorrow.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:

My RPM install was over a year ago. Went with Carbon Fiber finish-great looking and very good quality mfg-BUT-unless there have been some MAJOR design changes I can't fathom a 1 hour change? Hope I'm wrong. I sold mine and went with a permanent cage. Damn chasing timeslips required the change. Goodluck and keep the pic's coming
Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX SS RACERX View Post
My RPM install was over a year ago. Went with Carbon Fiber finish-great looking and very good quality mfg-BUT-unless there have been some MAJOR design changes I can't fathom a 1 hour change? Hope I'm wrong. I sold mine and went with a permanent cage. Damn chasing timeslips required the change. Goodluck and keep the pic's coming
My roll bars have tube clamps at all attachment points. I wanted to be able to leave the feet attached to the car and just take unscrew the tube clamps and take the hoops out. I realize that this means its not FIA legal but I am not at that stage yet. By the time I am actually competing in a few years the kids will be driving themselves and I won't need a back seat

Hope to do the rest of the install later today. A little worried about the fact that some fuel/brake lines are right by the passenger side plate. Will likely wrap them with tubing and zip tie it on. Do you remember what you did there? Don't want them to rub

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
My roll bars have tube clamps at all attachment points. I wanted to be able to leave the feet attached to the car and just take unscrew the tube clamps and take the hoops out. I realize that this means its not FIA legal but I am not at that stage yet. By the time I am actually competing in a few years the kids will be driving themselves and I won't need a back seat

Hope to do the rest of the install later today. A little worried about the fact that some fuel/brake lines are right by the passenger side plate. Will likely wrap them with tubing and zip tie it on. Do you remember what you did there? Don't want them to rub
Actually closer to 2 years from install but I don't remember any rubbing issues with plates. I was pretty much a 'gopher' for a fabricator friend They are close though and you can't be too careful so some 'tubing wrap' and zip ties sound like good insurance. I understand your use of the 'tube clamps' but with my bar it had to be tweaked to be bolted in. I hope this doesn't lead to stress and alignment issues when you remove the bar from the 'feet'.