Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #29
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i have been on all sides of this.competed against classic and new cars with my 66 pontiac tempest hot rod,and didnt think it was fair to be competing for the same trophy as a brand new car,after all,fighting the rust monster,repainting,etc,etc.,deserves more respect than writing a check for a new car.i enjoy taking my camaro to shows,although truth be told its more of a hang out thing than trying to win a trophy.also had to help judge a show with over 100 cars,5 classes,3 trophies per class.as you can imagine that took some effort and soul searching.some of those cars were restored classics that looked as if they had just driven off the dealers lot,and others were very nice customs.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:29 PM   #30
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
When these cars were new 10 years ago, guys were taking them to shows and getting
trophies. I suggested they send them GM. I got a lot of shit for that here. Most here
have no idea what goes into restoring or just maintaining an antique car. I've been in
the antique car hobby for 40+ years. Believe me, new cars don't deserve trophies
just for a few bolt on mods, they just don't.
I've been on both sides from old to new. I've also had to judge events. I think everyone should enter what the show advertises, most all shows are fundraisers and money goes to a good cause. Show coordinators just have to take into account what range cars will attend and setup top 20s or get the classes in order based off age.

As far as your "give the trophy to GM comment"... That is funny. I've got a question for you, who keeps your Trophy? I've yet to meet a guy with an old car that did EVERYTHING from the ground up. Most farm out a lot of the work on the restoration and then go to shows and bitch about people that show a newer car claiming they just detailed them..Is that not the same thing as the the guy with the old car is really doing? I have a newer car now so when I show mine I try to attend events that have the classes correctly split and for a good cause. For me now It's getting together with friends I've made and enjoying the day.

Also: Nice olds

Last edited by Memphis SS; 03-13-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 08:19 PM   #31
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
The only thing that grinds my gears ain’t winning a trophy it when they have 8 mustang classes and one camaro class. Now that grinds my gears. Any car at any time can be a hot rod or show car. This all depends on the owner of the car. Respect is something that should be given. I’ve seen some cars that most would laugh at but the guy trying to show this car may not realize it’s not at this level. I know this is getting off topic a little but I guess when it comes to car shows go to ones that supports a good cause. Enjoy the cars and people. And for Christ sake have a good time!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote