Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 05-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #127
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
LMAO!

Goalie interference?? They only call it on plays where a guy is preventing the goalie from making a play AT ALL....this was a puck that had slipped through Howard.....no one knew it at the time except apparently Marleau... Look at every Wings player....they're looking in front of Howard....not at the puck.....
That is not at all how goaltender interference is called. Have you ever watched hockey before, let alone the series we're talking about? How about the call on Holmstrom in game 6? Do you not see Howard is being pushed down IN THE CREASE? This is goaltender interference by every single definition

The puck didn't even get past Howard until setoguchi hit Howard in the crease. Watch it. The shot was blocked, Setoguchi hit Howard in the crease and it slipped past for Marleau to make the shot. That's goaltender interference and unfortunately it wasn't called or it would have likely gone to OT. Honestly the Sharks likely still would have pulled out the win, but that was an OBVIOUS interference.

Last edited by 8cd03gro; 05-16-2011 at 12:50 AM.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 AM   #128
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
That is not at all how goaltender interference is called. Have you ever watched hockey before, let alone the series we're talking about? How about the call on Holmstrom in game 6? Do you not see Howard is being pushed down IN THE CREASE? This is goaltender interference by every single definition

The puck didn't even get past Howard until setoguchi hit Howard in the crease. Watch it. The shot was blocked, Setoguchi hit Howard in the crease and it slipped past for Marleau to make the shot. That's goaltender interference and unfortunately it wasn't called or it would have likely gone to OT. Honestly the Sharks likely still would have pulled out the win, but that was an OBVIOUS interference.
I watch hockey every year, don't get smart.... and they rarely call Goalie Interference in situations like this one.....the Wings were doing it all series long too...

As for people talking about how the Sharks relinquished a 3-0 lead....the Canucks did it this year too....to an even WORSE team.... at least the Wings are a quality team...
Old 05-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #129
8cd03gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
I watch hockey every year, don't get smart.... and they rarely call Goalie Interference in situations like this one.....the Wings were doing it all series long too...

As for people talking about how the Sharks relinquished a 3-0 lead....the Canucks did it this year too....to an even WORSE team.... at least the Wings are a quality team...
If you watch hockey you should know that goaltender interference doesn't mean the goalie is completely unable to make a play, it means that the play is effected by a player's physical contact with the goalie within the crease. Watch the goal again, the first shot was saved, then Setoguchi runs into howard and knocks the puck past him as a direct result of his running into Howard, not his stick play. There were a bunch of goaltender interference calls throughout the series and most of them were less contact than this one. Like I said, I think the Sharks probably would have won it in overtime anyway, I just think it's obnoxious that after a bunch of ***** goaltender interference calls in the series on both teams, this blatantly obvious interference wasn't called or even reviewed and it was the series-winning goal in the series that will probably prove to be the deciding series of the playoffs this year.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #130
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Your team played well, but ultimately the fact that the Sharks went 7 I think is actually better for them in the long run.
Sharks sure did look gassed in the 3rd period. My prediction stands, Canucks in 6!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
I just think it's obnoxious that after a bunch of ***** goaltender interference calls in the series on both teams, this blatantly obvious interference wasn't called or even reviewed and it was the series-winning goal in the series that will probably prove to be the deciding series of the playoffs this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Rule Book 39.4 (viii)
The video review process shall be permitted to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g. to ensure they are “good hockey goals”). For example (but not limited to), pucks that enter the net by going through the net meshing, pucks that enter the net from underneath the net frame, pucks that enter the net undetected by the referee, etc
The first sentence is a giant catch all that could be applied to any goal under dispute, but the second sentence is clarification. Penalty calls are not reviewable by the current rule set, so even if the referees had wanted to review the play they couldn't have. It wasn't a debate as to whether or not the puck crossed the line, but whether or not the puck was dislodged because of an infraction. Penalties cannot be called from the replay booth, and the puck is clearly knocked in by Marleau cleanly.

<-- Hockey Referee. Everything is up to interpretation, and I'm sure Toronto took a good look at it, but they couldn't have done anything about it as penalties can only be called on the ice.

--
Jarrett
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #131
8cd03gro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Sharks sure did look gassed in the 3rd period. My prediction stands, Canucks in 6!

The first sentence is a giant catch all that could be applied to any goal under dispute, but the second sentence is clarification. Penalty calls are not reviewable by the current rule set, so even if the referees had wanted to review the play they couldn't have. It wasn't a debate as to whether or not the puck crossed the line, but whether or not the puck was dislodged because of an infraction. Penalties cannot be called from the replay booth, and the puck is clearly knocked in by Marleau cleanly.

<-- Hockey Referee. Everything is up to interpretation, and I'm sure Toronto took a good look at it, but they couldn't have done anything about it as penalties can only be called on the ice.

--
Jarrett
I didn't mean reviewed as in reviewed by the officiating crew, that was my bad wording. I realize that if the goal is good and no penalty was called before it crossed the line, it doesn't matter. I meant that it wasn't really talked about or reviewed by any of the media coverage. I shouldn't have used the word "reviewed" I should have said, "discussed in replay" or something along those lines.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #132
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

Drives: 93 C1500, VR Big Block 70 Camaro RS
anyways. lookin for the bruins to bounce back and even the series. tim thomas cant win it all by himself.
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
69Z/28Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #133
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
sharks got owned tonight... it's 6 to 2 Nucks... DAMN!!

I smell another sweep in the making? I knew too well that the Canucks are a dangerous match for us sharks but wow what a eye opener! Thought we had a shot at getting the lead but third period went straight downhill! I know we got game 3 and 4 at home but with their offense lighting up... it might be over! Anyone know the percentage of teams that make a comeback down 0 to 2?
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #134
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
As much as I would love to start thinking sweep, its a little early for that. Sharks can be tough at home, and as soon as the Sharks make a team decision to give Niemi any help at all this series could be a lot closer. The Canucks offense came to play today, and Niemi gave his team a chance going into the 3rd, but you cant expect to move on without giving your goalie ANY support. Niemi played great though.

After watching game 2 in the east, who wouldn't like to see a Canucks/Lightning Finals? That sure would be some exciting hockey to watch!

--
Jarrett
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #135
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill377 View Post
sharks got owned tonight... it's 6 to 2 Nucks... DAMN!!

I smell another sweep in the making? I knew too well that the Canucks are a dangerous match for us sharks but wow what a eye opener! Thought we had a shot at getting the lead but third period went straight downhill! I know we got game 3 and 4 at home but with their offense lighting up... it might be over! Anyone know the percentage of teams that make a comeback down 0 to 2?
The difference you overlook is that crazy penalty advantage in both Games 1 and 2. The penalties in Game 2 are what broke that thing open wide. It wasn't the play of the Canucks, but the penalties the Sharks brought upon themselves.

The Sharks should do well at home...and I expect to see them get their butts in order..... but it doesn't mean they are going to win the game. Still, I think it's far from over...
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #136
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

i think the sharks are done now. they arent disciplined enough to stay out of the box and play well.
not sure what to think about the bruins. go up 3-0 then allow 5 unanswered is uncharacteristic
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #137
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Are any teams going to challenge the canucks??? the sharks look absolutely lost out there on the ice. hell the Blackhawks who got in the playoffs by 1 point took the canucks all the way to ot in game 7

to bad Sharp didn't bury that one timer, but oh well Next year we'll come out firing and be rested
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #138
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

i think the red wings wouldve matched well with the canucks. you look at the season series between the canucks and sharks and the canucks dominated them. 3-0-1. against the wings they were 2-0-2. the wings and canucks are similar in play i think. niemi is keeping the sharks in it
Old 05-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #139
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
YAY CANUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 AM   #140
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Go B's !! Been a long long time since we were in the cup. I think Vancouver will win it all but you just never know...
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote