Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-28-2019, 03:20 PM   #15
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
People sink a lot of time and money into new cars just as people do the same for classics. Just my .02
I agree with this sentiment. My example was literally a car off the dealer lot.

I see tons of nice new cars, done up very well. I respect them all.

Hell, at Carlisle this year, I think I'm just going to roll in with my 2012. Don't want to bother with the trailer for the 68, my brother-in-law who usually helps trailer cars with me is moving and can't be extra hands.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #16
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
This goes back to my original point. You have to have more categories. You can’t have just best Chevy, or best Camaro. Best New Muscle would solve all that. The original post had nothing to do with just New generation class, but with all the different types of cars to judge.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:41 PM   #17
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
This goes back to my original point. You have to have more categories. You can’t have just best Chevy, or best Camaro. Best New Muscle would solve all that. The original post had nothing to do with just New generation class, but with all the different types of cars to judge.
Nailed it perfectly Bad Dab! More categories certainly needed now as the entries are changing now at car shows no doubt. The promotion is where the correction needs to be addressed since most shows charge entry fees to every car entering, the judges certainly should not have to choose between a vintage car vs. modern car and the entry participants should not have to worry vise versa .

When I do locally get together with a buddy of mine we usually put his custom 69 Camaro and my 14 Camaro right next to each other so people can visibly see the years of changes etc. people love it! To me showing the Camaro would be lining up a row of all generations from 1-6 so people see and remember etc.

Every time we try to get one of each gen in a line or a row seems we were always short one generation or another. LOL
Old 05-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #18
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Here’s the problem I see with the argument you guys are making. I always go to car shows and things of that nature and hear gentlemen saying things like “young people just aren’t interested in cars anymore.” Well the fact of the matter is that young people are just as interested in cars, but excluding young people and their new cars from car shows only pushes them away from the hobby and divides it into groups which I believe is the opposite of what needs to happen. There are certainly plenty of new cars that are deserving trophies at shows. People sink a lot of time and money into new cars just as people do the same for classics. Just my .02
Totally agree with you. Newer customized cars probably have there place. To clarify my earlier post just not into seeing a "factory stock" new car setting at a show driven straight from the dealership so to speak. To each their own though!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #19
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
That's sad, As I said above, that trophy should have been sent to Chrysler Corp.
There's also politics involved. My fully restored near prefect Olds 88 2 door lost
to a couple no nothing beaters once. The judge was buddies with those owners.
I was pissed but what could i do?
That car is stunning!! Absolutely beautiful to say the least!
Old 05-29-2019, 06:20 AM   #20
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
That car is stunning!! Absolutely beautiful to say the least!
Thank you. An 18 year project from A 26,000 mile barn find. It' on E/Bay right
now by the gentleman I sold it too in Kansas.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:14 PM   #21
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Thank you. An 18 year project from A 26,000 mile barn find. It' on E/Bay right
now by the gentleman I sold it too in Kansas.
Had to look at it, wow what a nice car build sheet and all!
Old 05-31-2019, 09:33 PM   #22
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Had to look at it, wow what a nice car build sheet and all!
Most think the GTO was the first muscle car. Actually it was the 1949-51 Olds 88.
Oldsmobile took the Chevy body and dropped it onto the Olds chassis. It
became the hottest thing on the road in the 50's.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:15 PM   #23
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Most think the GTO was the first muscle car. Actually it was the 1949-51 Olds 88.
Oldsmobile took the Chevy body and dropped it onto the Olds chassis. It
became the hottest thing on the road in the 50's.
Buddy of mine had his Rocket engine & tranny stored in my shop out of his 50's Olds for about 8 years. It was locked up and he decided didn't want it anymore. Thought it was a shame since can only have the original engine once. Got rid of the engine but I kept the original Rocket valve covers off it for some shop decor.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:56 PM   #24
myold88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Buddy of mine had his Rocket engine & tranny stored in my shop out of his 50's Olds for about 8 years. It was locked up and he decided didn't want it anymore. Thought it was a shame since can only have the original engine once. Got rid of the engine but I kept the original Rocket valve covers off it for some shop decor.
Here's the Oldsmobile Rocket 88 engine. 303 CI V8. The 3 speed standard or
the 4 speed Hydromatic with the '49 Chevy body. This definitely became the
first muscle car and destroyed the once dominate Ford flathead V8 forever.
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2019, 05:42 AM   #25
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
Unfortunately some shows have several categories to cover that issue, then there are the shows that only allow cars 25 years or older to register. The problem for you as a judge in a show with very few awards is someone is going to be left out. You can only do so much about it and just try to be fair.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:16 PM   #26
Monkworks

Drives: 2015 2LT RS v6 Convertible (Silver)
Here's my take.
I literally registered to respond to this Btw. First where I am coming from and I think that is important.

Recently I had the opportunity to buy a Camaro. I always wanted one my entire life. 2nd car opportunity and wife gave the green-light, amazingly.

I was a kid who worked in a used car lot and spent all his time cleaning and caring for the 1980's IROC-z on the lot and we had a few. Now nearly 50 years old and this 2015 2LT RS (6.2L) (convertible) came into my life.

I remember thinking that hearing a loud pipe, was very boyish and immature for the lack of a better word.
But now I find my self planning a muffler delete or just going for it with S-type Borla's. The stock sound is just not right and it starts from here.
I identified 31 upgrades I want to do on the car. It's like an addiction or a passion.

I get the idea that the older car' rocks a car show... But now I see the light in terms of the hobby and making your Camero special and this is where showing a modern Camaro is neat, amazing and valid in its own right.

just my 2c
Monkworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:08 PM   #27
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkworks View Post
Here's my take.
I literally registered to respond to this Btw. First where I am coming from and I think that is important.

Recently I had the opportunity to buy a Camaro. I always wanted one my entire life. 2nd car opportunity and wife gave the green-light, amazingly.

I was a kid who worked in a used car lot and spent all his time cleaning and caring for the 1980's IROC-z on the lot and we had a few. Now nearly 50 years old and this 2015 2LT RS (6.2L) (convertible) came into my life.

I remember thinking that hearing a loud pipe, was very boyish and immature for the lack of a better word.
But now I find my self planning a muffler delete or just going for it with S-type Borla's. The stock sound is just not right and it starts from here.
I identified 31 upgrades I want to do on the car. It's like an addiction or a passion.

I get the idea that the older car' rocks a car show... But now I see the light in terms of the hobby and making your Camero special and this is where showing a modern Camaro is neat, amazing and valid in its own right.

just my 2c
"2015 2LT RS (6.2L)", seriously?
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:10 PM   #28
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
If a modern car is at a car show, it had better have some serious performance or cosmetic modifications. I prefer performance mods personally.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote