Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #15
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Had a lady come up to the car while I was sitting in it outside Wallgreens waiting on a prescription. She said, and I quote,
"Oh My God, that car looks mean as hell. I mean it just ..... looks...... well........ it just looks...... ANGRY." I typed it just the way she said it.

Oh ya. Just the way I like it.
That's signature quote worthy right there!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
That's signature quote worthy right there!
Yup.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
I don't think he would have minded. Probably wouldn't have done it though.

He just would have said a prayer for YOU after you left. lol

Probably.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM   #18
bumblebee123

Drives: Fast & the Furious
For me, the excitement wear off earlier than getting the car. I got over excited on our Toyota Highlander. It drained all the excitement for my Camaro. I just dont know why.
bumblebee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #19
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
I can so totaly picture you doing that. lol

Getting tired of people always wanting to talk about it, mainly because I'm allways in a frekin' hurry. But I agree with you all. Mine has had the L99 slow problem and I still can't stay away from this thing.

Had a lady come up to the car while I was sitting in it outside Wallgreens waiting on a prescription. She said, and I quote,
"Oh My God, that car looks mean as hell. I mean it just ..... looks...... well........ it just looks...... ANGRY." I typed it just the way she said it.

Oh ya. Just the way I like it.

I can totally agree. It has not wore off for me either. When i go out i have to sit by a window or in plain View of my beauty! I wash her atleast twice a week and keep a towel with me so that i am not to get finger prints on the body, i think i am developing OCD....I'll get out of the car and lock it then get 20 FT away and lock it again and then 60 ft and lock it again. Mt GF thinks i'm going crazy. I don't care what peope think " oh its only a 2009 thing it will wear off by 2010" I think not, i love this big birtha of joy!

IRPQ:
I had a guy in a 2009 GT500 stop traffic to tell me
"Damn your car in my rear veiw looks like it wants to kick my ass!!"

Needless to say i was pumped and still am!
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
wawuzit

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Smile When you get the first payment coupon. Grin

Just kidding. You'll love this car for a long time.
wawuzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM   #21
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7

THE EXCITEMENT WILL NEVER WEAR OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I've had my car for 2 months now, and if anything, it gets MORE EXCITING!!!...

Still in disbelief that I AM THE LUCKIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD TO BE ABLE TO OWN AND DRIVE THE BEST CAR IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Every day is like Christmas!!!...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
IRPQ:
I had a guy in a 2009 GT500 stop traffic to tell me
"Damn your car in my rear veiw looks like it wants to kick my ass!!"
Should have told him. "IT DOES"
Old 07-22-2009, 02:41 PM   #23
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
OK, I'm prejudiced....

......but I've had "Thor" since February -- and I still get 'perma-grin' every night when I go out to the Parking Deck at the RenCen and he's waiting for me.......

I hit the remote unlock and his 'eyes' light up.......including the halos..........and it's almost like he's saying "hey there! Where were you? Let's get rolling...I'm raring to go!..."

I can have the worst days -- and yet getting behind the wheel and listening to the LS3 come to life puts me in a better mood.

I put him in the garage because my neighborhood is one of those that has 100 year old trees everywhere-- so he seems to be a target for birds......

Of course, when they let loose, he immediately transforms, grabs the offending bird by its wings and eats it.........

(........OK........I made that last part up...........)

But getting back to the garage thing -- it's a shame to hide something that is this captivating......

Many nights it's almost like he's calling to me: "....Dude - c'mon - -I don't want to sit here in the garage -- let's go cruising and check out what's goin' on..."

It's kinda like: "OK - I want a cup of coffee -- should I go to the shop on Mack Avenue in Grosse Pointe Woods (three miles) -- or the one in St. Clair Shores? (7 miles)

ST. CLAIR SHORES IT IS!!!! -- mebbe I'll go home by way of St. Louis or Denver!..............

Now -- some of you can understand that - others are not quite so fortunate!.....

But at 12,280 miles, I'm just as crazy and giddy as I was on day one........

(........that said, it's been one of my life's goals to be a small part of bringing such a car to market... and maybe that has something to do with how I feel.)

It makes me so happy to read how the rest of you feel about your Camaros -- and it tells me that we got it -- for the most part -- right.

God Bless you -- and your Camaros!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
I measure the exictement level by how many smilies "prima" Donna uses in her posts. I'd say it's still pretty high. And once I have mine, I'm sure I'll be as exicted as she is.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
This is the 8th week I've had my car, and I still sit at work all afternoon counting the minutes until quit time because I'm so anxious to leave and drive it.

I still look outside of my kitchen window and stare at it. Sometimes my girlfriend asks what I'm doing and I make something up, like "staring at the hot neighbor in her bikini" because I think that's more normal than admitting to staring at my car.

When I park it in a parking lot and walk away, I always turn back at least once to look at it.

I’m obsessed with the site and reading everyone’s stories and looking at their pictures.

My question is, when does this excitement wear off? I figured 2 months into it I’d be a little farther along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
haha, nice, well now I don't feel weird for turning to look at her as I walk away

I always turn around too, and then I'm shocked at how beautiful the car looks, and then I have to "pinch" myself, because it is MY CAMARO!!!...

Sometimes I just stand there like Tony Stewart does in the Armorall commercial and just stare at the car...................
Old 07-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #26
MustangConvert

Drives: ABM 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
yeah it doesnt... and i'm more crazy than you are.. When i park and look back I actually say "bye....i'll miss you"

LMAO
I may not say, but I definitely think it.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #27
light-my-firebyrd

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rally yellow
I now know how u guys feel. i just got the call today that my car finally made it to my dealer in Tn. I pm'd you fbod so don't be surprised...lol!!
anyway, i don't have pics yet but i have to say i almost cried when i finally saw it. It is truly a work of art and i mean that in every sense of the word. FOR anyone who is thinking of cancelling their order or going with another car, DO NOT DO IT. do whatever u must do to wait it out. It is an absolutely gorgeous car. I ordered a 2ss/rs rally yellow and i cannot describe fully what i felt when i got to sit in it. It was almost a 'religious' experience. You can tell these guys who make this car, took extra care in this one. My car was dirty as hell and it still looked that good.
light-my-firebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #28
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK, I'm prejudiced....

......but I've had "Thor" since February -- and I still get 'perma-grin' every night when I go out to the Parking Deck at the RenCen and he's waiting for me.......

I hit the remote unlock and his 'eyes' light up.......including the halos..........and it's almost like he's saying "hey there! Where were you? Let's get rolling...I'm raring to go!..."

I can have the worst days -- and yet getting behind the wheel and listening to the LS3 come to life puts me in a better mood.

I put him in the garage because my neighborhood is one of those that has 100 year old trees everywhere-- so he seems to be a target for birds......

Of course, when they let loose, he immediately transforms, grabs the offending bird by its wings and eats it.........

(........OK........I made that last part up...........)

But getting back to the garage thing -- it's a shame to hide something that is this captivating......

Many nights it's almost like he's calling to me: "....Dude - c'mon - -I don't want to sit here in the garage -- let's go cruising and check out what's goin' on..."

It's kinda like: "OK - I want a cup of coffee -- should I go to the shop on Mack Avenue in Grosse Pointe Woods (three miles) -- or the one in St. Clair Shores? (7 miles)

ST. CLAIR SHORES IT IS!!!! -- mebbe I'll go home by way of St. Louis or Denver!..............

Now -- some of you can understand that - others are not quite so fortunate!.....

But at 12,280 miles, I'm just as crazy and giddy as I was on day one........

(........that said, it's been one of my life's goals to be a small part of bringing such a car to market... and maybe that has something to do with how I feel.)

It makes me so happy to read how the rest of you feel about your Camaros -- and it tells me that we got it -- for the most part -- right.

God Bless you -- and your Camaros!
100% AGREE WITH SCOTT!!!!...

Not A** Kissing either...I feel EXACTLY the same way about my car, as Scott can attest to...............

I plan on feeling this way and driving this car until they have to pry the keys from my "cold, dead, hands"...LOL...

Another thing that Scott said is how no matter how bad or mad or sad you feel, this Camaro takes all that away in a "heartbeat"...

They should "bottle and sell" the happiness that this car brings to all of us with our "permagrins" ...

And Scott, we can NEVER thank you enough for the passion and enthusiasm that you brought to the table to get this car back in action and back into our lives...........