Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-11-2018, 01:27 AM   #1
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
Anyone know what may have happened?

Hello everyone. So, long story short. I lost my 2010 to Harvey and got a 2013 as a replacement. I was able to use bluetooth for a week or two and then it just stopped working. I could listen to music and make calls. Now, it just shows that the bluetooth is connected but I can't make or receive any calls and I can't play any music anymore. I've tried removing my phone from the system and then pairing it again but it didn't change anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
mma

Drives: 1LE
I'd try unpairing the phone from your car and then pair it again. If that doesn't work, try turning off the car (and opening the driver door) to shut off the radio between each step. That usually solved my bluetooth problems. It's not my favorite thing about the car
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #3
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
I can't believe I'm saying this but that actually worked. I actually left it unpaired for over a week and it did not correct the issue. Thanks for the help.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mma View Post
I'd try unpairing the phone from your car and then pair it again. If that doesn't work, try turning off the car (and opening the driver door) to shut off the radio between each step. That usually solved my bluetooth problems. It's not my favorite thing about the car
This. I had the same issue. I unpaired but not until,I opened the door each time, did it finally work. Lucked into that at a gas station while pumping gas...

I have the mylink gen5diy upgrade too...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #5
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I don't have MyLink in my Camaro but do have it in my work truck. (Colorado)
In the work truck I have a continual problem the same as what the OP is describing. A's soon as I open the door and reconnect it works as before. MyLink is just not ready for prime time.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote