Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 05-13-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Warning: Splash Guards rubbing paint off!!!

Right where the splash guard edge rests on fenders is where it is happening. Too dark for pics will post tomorrow.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that sux
Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Good thing they stop the rock chops huh if dealer install dealer fix...
Old 05-14-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

This water-based paint is very weak... checked where any plastic meets paint. It is rubbing off paint on the plastic molding (look when you pop open trunk) as well. Not sure which poison pill is worse. Having a nice looking car you fret over all the minor stuff or just driving around in a grocery getter without a soul. Dear Gunn hello it is me again...
Old 05-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I've had the paint coming off on the right side of my trunk lid where the spoiler meets the trunk. It hasn't been noticeable, but it's starting to be more visible
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
PWND

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Autobot
Send a message via ICQ to PWND Send a message via AIM to PWND
yeah... same here... most of the paint has actually already come off of my tires... and now it looks like the paint around the edge of the seat is coming off too...

on a related note... I am starting to think I should not have eaten all those paint chips I found over by the powerlines where I nap...

...so is Gunn going to fix it for ya?
Old 05-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
Bad2SS

Drives: F150
On a truck site I used to frequent they had this problem when installing some types of mudflaps. They would take the mudflap off and put a layer of 3M Rubberized tape (I think that's what it was) in between the mudflap and body. Problem solved. If I remember right it was this stuff...

http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/Ad.../500-41753.htm

Steve
Bad2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWND View Post
yeah... same here... most of the paint has actually already come off of my tires... and now it looks like the paint around the edge of the seat is coming off too...

on a related note... I am starting to think I should not have eaten all those paint chips I found over by the powerlines where I nap...

...so is Gunn going to fix it for ya?
Going to talk with them, may have to be Geared Up who did the install. Or I may just have Jacks do the touch up with his paint match after seeing Chris and Connie's heritage grill. I don't think they are using the same soft water-based paint that GM is. I have a few things to get painted so was going there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad2SS View Post
On a truck site I used to frequent they had this problem when installing some types of mudflaps. They would take the mudflap off and put a layer of 3M Rubberized tape (I think that's what it was) in between the mudflap and body. Problem solved. If I remember right it was this stuff...

http://www.toolfetch.com/Category/Ad.../500-41753.htm

Steve
I was thinking of something along this line as a possible fix but it appears it is only one side and the splash guard was mounted just a little off.