Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
You da man Scott!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Scott is very deserving of the recognition. How many people inside a car company can random owners across the world consider a friend? Very very few.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
This is so cool to be recognized for your hard work.

If you have ever had the chance to meet Scott and sit down to talk with him you will quickly realize that it is way more than a JOB to him...It is his passion and the passion oozes through his words. To me the marketing plan " Chevy Runs Deep" is Scott Settlemire to a T.

Congrats on this writeup and recognition....It is truly well deserved and long over due.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Awesome! Congrats Scott.....Wonderful Trbute to one of the finest in the Industry!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
Who knew NASA was in Wallops Island, VA.. Pretty cool...
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrtulations Scott, you a re truly deserving and we have all benefitted from your efforts!
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Scott truly is an amazing guy. He's been so generous to me and my website (MiFBody.com) over the past handful of years. I'll never forget in 2007 when I got my first phone call from Scott - first I saw an e-mail from him about coming to my car show and I thought it was a joke, then the phone rang and it was 313 (Detroit area code) and I about jumped out of my skin when he said "Hi Brian, this is Scott Settlemire!" The next day him and some GM folks showed up at our humble little picnic/car show with THREE concept cars (the 2006 Camaro concept car, the 2007 Camaro convertible concept car, and the Cadillac Sixteen concept car) to display at our show. I'm forever indebted to Scott and the Camaro team - they really "put our show on the map." Especially with their continued support coming to our show and bringing vehicles every year.

To also hint at Scott's great character, he gave me a Camaro: 40 Years book and signed it thanking ME for what I do for the Camaro community. Gosh what I've done is nothing but a grain of sand in all the world's beaches compared to what Scott has done for our community. The book is one of my prized displays in my man cave.

Lastly - back in January I was lucky enough to have a slight career change and join the IT Audit team at General Motors. When Scott found out, he called and asked if I had a minute to meet up with him. He had a "welcome present" for me - in addition to a bunch of awesome swag, he gave me a really nice Nike polo shirt with a 45th Anniversary Edition logo embroidered on it. I try to wear it every week and everyone's always complimenting me on what a nice shirt it is.

Scott is the NUMBER ONE guy at General Motors as far as I'm concerned.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Congratulations on being recognized for your diligence and strong passion for all things Camaro and what it truly represents to those who understand it. Thank you for being a catalyst in bringing back a car that brings back those good time feelings for those of us that have experienced it before and for those that are discovering it now and for those that are going to experience it in the future.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Totally Bitchin and cannot agree with you more.....nice!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
CONGRATS! and Thank you for going beyond doing your job. I can imagine you had your share of responsibility while working at a company of this magnitude for that amount of time, and you still made time to keep the Camaro spirit alive there when it wasn't required of you by GM. Thank You and the Camaro community loves you for it! CONGRATS! What a way to directly make history!
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcchuck View Post
Who knew NASA was in Wallops Island, VA.. Pretty cool...

yuppers.......
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Absolutely a superior person! Scott treats everybody with respect. Cant find a better person from GM!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Awill
Married

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
Scott truly is an amazing guy. He's been so generous to me and my website (MiFBody.com) over the past handful of years. I'll never forget in 2007 when I got my first phone call from Scott - first I saw an e-mail from him about coming to my car show and I thought it was a joke, then the phone rang and it was 313 (Detroit area code) and I about jumped out of my skin when he said "Hi Brian, this is Scott Settlemire!" The next day him and some GM folks showed up at our humble little picnic/car show with THREE concept cars (the 2006 Camaro concept car, the 2007 Camaro convertible concept car, and the Cadillac Sixteen concept car) to display at our show. I'm forever indebted to Scott and the Camaro team - they really "put our show on the map." Especially with their continued support coming to our show and bringing vehicles every year.

To also hint at Scott's great character, he gave me a Camaro: 40 Years book and signed it thanking ME for what I do for the Camaro community. Gosh what I've done is nothing but a grain of sand in all the world's beaches compared to what Scott has done for our community. The book is one of my prized displays in my man cave.

Lastly - back in January I was lucky enough to have a slight career change and join the IT Audit team at General Motors. When Scott found out, he called and asked if I had a minute to meet up with him. He had a "welcome present" for me - in addition to a bunch of awesome swag, he gave me a really nice Nike polo shirt with a 45th Anniversary Edition logo embroidered on it. I try to wear it every week and everyone's always complimenting me on what a nice shirt it is.

Scott is the NUMBER ONE guy at General Motors as far as I'm concerned.
that's awesome
Awill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Congrats Scott!! Well deserved!!

I have met Scott on a few occasions and he has always been very cool. He's one of those guys that even though he is "up there" he doesn't act like it at all and is completely down to earth! Great Guy for GM and a great person in general!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote