Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #71
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Just an update. Picked mine up today, shes in my drive way with 61 miles on her. had 24 when I picked it up.

My review of the car summed up in 1 word..... AMAZING

The steering is really tight and responsive, and the entire car floats over the bumps. It has a very stiff ride but its very comfortable. All bumps are pretty much soaked and and it rides amazing. Corners like a dream. I took a corner in it taking it home (one I take every morning on my way home from work) and damn, what a difference from the Saturn to this. 40MPH near 90 degree slightly banked turn, felt like I was going 20 instead of 40.

This being my 1st stick car i'm not very good with stick at all but the clutch is nice, precise and heavy. Shifts are spot on (way better than the standard SS with the hurst option) Throws are really short, 5th is sometimes difficult to find but whatever. Had the skip shift kick in 3 time driving it home. 1st time it happened I panicked and tried to find 4th, go it in, car nearly stalled, clutch in, went back to 1st and the car bucked (but hey 2nd was open now) so I went to 2nd. and went thru the gears that way. stalled it twice (I know im a noob, who cares) car doesn't jerk when u stall, just kinda shuts off. I did notice the grinding sound every1 talks about. Its quite loud when skip shift kicks in. As long as its normal I don't care.

The car sound great, cant be any more happy with the dual mode. the car is loud when u want it to be and quite when you don't. decelerating the exhaust pops and crackles and puts a smile on my face every single time.

Interior is pretty nice. Seats are comfortable and seem to be holding me in pretty well. I'm 6'1" and I don't have any problem with head room or not being able to see the gauges. The my link works good, paired my phone with ease. The reverse cam sticks on the my link even after taken out of R and into 1st but hit back and its fixed. the Boston speakers are sweet, great sound quality.

Over all, damn good car and well worth the wait.

BTW Toxikk they did put a coat of a cilajet type stuff on my car for free and I didn't even have to ask! And I got 750 dollars worth of nearly free accessories (all I have to do is pay the sales tax on it)

Pictures to come later tonight!

Last edited by CamaroDreams76; 05-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.
CamaroDreams76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #72
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

IOM 1LE
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2013, 07:51 AM   #73
Toxikk
Lead Dev for Autoblog.com

Drives: GBA 13 2SS/1LE (Medusa)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
BTW Toxikk they did put a coat of a cilajet type stuff on my car for free and I didn't even have to ask! And I got 750 dollars worth of nearly free accessories (all I have to do is pay the sales tax on it)

Pictures to come later tonight!
ree-hee-heeaalllyyyy??????

that is good to know.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #74
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxikk View Post
ree-hee-heeaalllyyyy??????

that is good to know.
Bwa ha ha ha , that's hilarious.

Congrats on the car CamaroDreams76

Mine along with 4 others is supposed to be getting put on a truck and sent straight to my dealer instead of going the train route. So I may see it this week if not then next week for sure!

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #75
Toxikk

how did you find that out Monte??!?!?#@!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:30 AM   #76
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Our ZL1 just arrived.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:12 AM   #77
DefusingDanger

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS
For those still waiting on their cars. My dealer tracked the crap out of my car. I called one morning to follow up and they said it had not arrived in B-Ham yet. Also left a message with for another question. That afternoon I thought they were calling back about my build question but rather called to say they just unloaded the car. I am sure they track cars real well but mine somehow dropped from the radar...and just showed up. Best of luck. The wait is soooo worth it though.
EOD is "A science of vague assumptions, based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive experiments, performed with instruments of problematical accuracy, by persons with doubtful reliability and questionable mentality"
DefusingDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #78
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefusingDanger View Post
For those still waiting on their cars. My dealer tracked the crap out of my car. I called one morning to follow up and they said it had not arrived in B-Ham yet. Also left a message with for another question. That afternoon I thought they were calling back about my build question but rather called to say they just unloaded the car. I am sure they track cars real well but mine somehow dropped from the radar...and just showed up. Best of luck. The wait is soooo worth it though.
I just checked with my dealer, and they said that they could not tell where the car was at this point (could no longer track it). It sounds a lot like your situation. I hope our car drops soon as well!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #79
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Mine along with 4 others is supposed to be getting put on a truck and sent straight to my dealer instead of going the train route. So I may see it this week if not then next week for sure!
Ull love it! You must post pictures. Congrats! It is well worth the wait
Old 05-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #80
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
Ull love it! You must post pictures. Congrats! It is well worth the wait
No worries, the world will know, there will be pictures and videos!

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #81
Toxikk

Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #82
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Bwa ha ha ha , that's hilarious.

Congrats on the car CamaroDreams76

I hope mine is one of these "Truckin" Camaros!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #83
Toxikk

pfff

"Hello Brandon,
Thank you for confirming your order number for us.
I wish I had more exciting news for you, but to the best of our knowledge here in Detroit the vehicle is still being held for quality assessment.
I can see where you feel it would be a cause for concern that your vehicle is being held for quality assessment, and also can see where it would be aggravating to know of other vehicle orders being completed before your own. I don't know how far it will go to soothe your anxiety, but we don't want to send the vehicle to you until we're sure that it meets or surpasses the standards we have for a vehicle like the Camaro SS (nice choice, by the way!).
I am going to set a reminder for myself to check back into this next week to see if there's any motion. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!
Sarah
GM Customer Care"
Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #84
Toxikk

my response. probably not gonna help dick, but needed to vent:

"I get that it needs to be QA'd. I work for a software company and am responsible for delivering code related to building websites. I am engineer that builds something for my customer, our business team. We rely on QA for every piece of code we write. However, we are required to set expectations of when code will be complete, when QA will start and when QA will end -- giving our business team a target delivery date of the new product.

I find it hard to believe that there is nobody that can provide such information. When is it expected to be QA'd? When is it expected to be cleared from QA? When is it expected to be ready to be installed (or shipped?) When can we inform the customer that it will be delivered? I understand we are dealing with something a LOT bigger than ABCs and 123s but I still believe that there should be some sort of process around the QA of the vehicles and that there should probably be some "deadlines" to support it.

At this point, it is most likely NOT going to make the 8-10 week delivery window that I was told when I put the order in. We slip deadlines with code from time-to-time, but there are ramifications. We are often expected to do something MORE for the business team to ensure our good relationship goes forward and that nobody is bitter with the product. Often times we have to make promises to enhance the product even further in the future to satisfy their demands. What can/will be done if the vehicles does not make the delivery window? If I told my business team a window for delivery and did not deliver, it would be my job.

I placed my order on March 18. My salesman told me 8-10 weeks, but it was minutely possible that it could be delivered sooner -- as verified by the white 1LE that was being picked up just a couple weeks after I placed my order. He got his in 6 weeks. I know that is not possible or remotely likely with all of the vehicles that you guys build, but again -- I am finding people that placed their order a MONTH after me that already have their 1LE sitting in their driveway. For instance, I heard someone ordered on a 1LE on 4/16 and took delivery on 5/23 -- five weeks?!@#@!!#@

Had it left the plant on time, I would have probably had it for two solid weeks now -- making it closer to that six week window the lucky ass dude picked his up in. In the mean time, I have been getting the same responses for the past three weeks. Nobody has any new information, or they do and do not want to provide it.

This whole "ordering a car" process started like a miracle. I walked into the dealership, told them I wanted a 1LE. The salesman that they assigned to me is a huge fan of the automobile sites that I code for (www.autoblog.com and autos.aol.com) and could not believe that I worked on them. We bonded instantly. I had my mother with me and he was such a Gentleman interacting with her. When we sat down at his desk and he woke his CPU, Autoblog was loaded on the screen. I thought I was dreaming. I had never had such a positive experience buying ANYTHING, even my town home. Since then, he has been re-assigned to a ford dealership (of all places) and is no longer able to give me ANY information. My new salesman informed me that he has reached out to SEVERAL resources within their dealership family, Chevy & even GM... with many of them not returning his calls or emails. Many of the people on the Camaro forum I have joined have also been complaining of the same experience with their "bayed" ZL1 or 1LE.

I even hit up the Sales Manager today and he told me the same thing. "It has not been released from plant. Its not your car, GM is holding up a group of LEs but they will not tell me why. Whether its quality check or not. Any speculation on my part would be just that, speculation. But it is in a group of LEs that have not been released. I am following up with GM daily. It is on what they call a 'hot tag list' so they're supposed to tell me when there is any movement, but as of right now I don't know what to tell you and they will not give me any answers other than 'it has not been released from plant.'"

I was asked by the editor-in-chief of Autoblog.com to write an editorial piece for the site on my how my car buying process went. I was intrigued by the thought of millions of people reading and possibly being motivated to buy a new car cuz of my awesome story. I started the day I put the order in. The first four weeks were great. The last four not so much. Now I am questioning if it is something I want to publish or not, since it may influence our readers in the wrong way. On the other hand, I may publish it just because there will be millions of people that will read it and I could point and be like "look what I wrote" to the people that I know.

Had I known I was going to deal with all of this after the absolutely awesome way the process started, I would have bought the CRT 1LE on the lot, that did not meet my requirements -- or would have gone with a totally different manufacturer all together.

I guess I will talk to you next week - and probably get the same answer. I was really hoping to be cruising around by mother's day or this up-coming holiday weekend but guess I won't be.

Lastly, the past eight weeks have been the most anticipated - yet frustrating weeks of my adult life. I just wish someone would tell me what is wrong with it or when it was expected to leave the plant :/

- b"