Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Hang in there! Your day in the sun will come around.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #16

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Buying a car is somewhat of a money-pit as it is..(but at least you have something to show for it)....throwing money down a different pit with nothing to show for it, (and not even being able to have a car)????....Which one is better to cut your losses with?...If it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, it probably is a duck!....Hope everything works out somehow.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #17
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Why can't she work and go to school? With the way school's structured now, you can basically be full time without even leaving your living room. Even if she finishes, there's no guaranty of employment right now.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #18
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Sounds like growing pains.........Hopefully as a couple you'll find someone qualified to discuss this with and they'll be able to determine the underlying issues, and offer a little insight into a possible fix or permanent resolution.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
Texasbeachbum

Drives: 2012 LT2 45th Vert
Maybe you need to get a better paying job so you can support your wife and family and have the car of your choice. Until you can afford a Camaro without depending on somebody elses money get a bicycle.
Texasbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbeachbum View Post
Maybe you need to get a better paying job so you can support your wife and family and have the car of your choice. Until you can afford a Camaro without depending on somebody elses money get a bicycle.
Sounds like she's depending on his money for never-ending "school"...From whst I gather she is being supported, but wasting his money to the point that he's lost two cars!...She should get the bicycle and at least ride it to some sort of job. It goes both ways.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #21
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Why can't she work and go to school? With the way school's structured now, you can basically be full time without even leaving your living room. Even if she finishes, there's no guaranty of employment right now.

Theirs really no reason why she can't work. I work and go to school full-time and most people at my job do the same thing. Dont get me wrong theres times where I feel like I am way over my head but its really not that bad. Even if she finds herself a part time job it would atleast help facilitate your financial situation quite a bit.

Almost every student I know is employed. Being a full time worker and student is possible it does take dedication but if she really wants that degree she can make it happen.
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
Texasbeachbum

Drives: 2012 LT2 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Sounds like she's depending on his money for never-ending "school"...From whst I gather she is being supported, but wasting his money to the point that he's lost two cars!...She should get the bicycle and at least ride it to some sort of job. It goes both ways.
If he can't support her then get rid of her then he can have his car.
I been married for 43 years and my wife has never had to work a day in her married life. When she did work it was her choice and she got her RN during that time. I paid for it.
Texasbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbeachbum View Post
If he can't support her then get rid of her then he can have his car.
Maybe he should. If she's not concerned about him losing two cars because she generates no income and wastes his money, I think her idea of support is a disaster for him.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #24
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Maybe he should. If she's not concerned about him losing two cars because she generates no income and wastes his money, I think her idea of support is a disaster for him.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #25
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
She'll probably graduate, get a job making more money than him, dump him and get her own Camaro.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #26
RallyYellow11

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
PEACE BRO things happen for reason's unknown to US. You have HAD two Camaro's. just being able to say that IS Pretty Sweet. Your time will come again. DOING what your doing for your Wife is Pretty KEWL. Hang in there and God Bless. ^5
Thanks for the nice words

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
Women can be replaced. Cars are unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Don't be sad man maybe it's better like this so you can plan for an ss ,life is full of up and downs I'm sure you'll overcome it all soon.
I am sure i will, just might take some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbass View Post
Going to school isn't for everyone. She needs to decide if she really want the degree or not. You cannot go to school forever. It is expensive in her time and your money. What ever the choice, she needs to commit to it
She started off real good and then lately their was no motivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
how are you letting them go back to the back or selling them for what you owe?
Between the two, I actually broke even, so that was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CamaroSS View Post
Hang in there my friend! I know it seems hard at this point but maybe its all for a reason. At least you've been lucky enough to have 2. I'm self employed and I think about this all the time. Somehow it seems like God finds a way and I always seem to make it. Take a good look at your situation and keep the communication open, maybe there is something there thats not right. It does sound like your sacrificing for a greater good and that can only mean an SS in the future....Best of luck. Maybe for temporary find a good used gen 3 or 4 to get you by.
I hope it does mean an SS in the future. I am actually moving back east where I do now I will be make some more money with my new location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
She'll probably graduate, get a job making more money than him, dump him and get her own Camaro.
That would be pure irony.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #27
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
+1 I went to college full time and worked full time. Sounds to me like the OP is getting played bigtime. Rethink your situation.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #28
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
+1 I went to college full time and worked full time. Sounds to me like the OP is getting played bigtime. Rethink your situation.
Exactly my point!