Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-08-2015, 01:34 AM   #547
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Check it out guys, idk if it's worth a crap but they don't look too bad. I'm sure like any body part it'll require some prep. I'll have to call and make sure it fits v6 models. And how it installs.
They are fiberglass not too bad. I bought a set but with no fronts just ended up getting all 4 oem fender flares instead.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:32 AM   #548
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Check it out guys, idk if it's worth a crap but they don't look too bad. I'm sure like any body part it'll require some prep. I'll have to call and make sure it fits v6 models. And how it installs.
I talked to them at the beginning of the year. At that time they only had the rears and were making fronts. I was told I was put on a list to get notification when the fronts were ready. Nothing yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
good news I already am
Please let us know how this is going. I really want to add a Z28 aero package to my '11 without having to replace all the body panels too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
be sure to show us when you're done! I'm as far out as I can go as it is, and if I add Pete's knuckles and/or go to a 19x11 wheel, I'll either need a set of wider fenders, or go this route.
I have ordered the wheels from Pete and they should arrive next week. I'll post pics with the 305's he recommended once I get them installed, that night. Stock SS fenders. I'm waiting for the release of the knuckles as well.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:07 AM   #549
PHANTOMSS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks, appreciate it!

Flowtie and z/28 emblem come with the grill when you buy the z/28 grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushrod Pete View Post
Car looks amazing. Looks sooo much better without the chrome strip. I did the exact same with the z28 grille on my car.

BTW Where'd you get the Flowtie?
PHANTOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 03:30 AM   #550
PHANTOMSS

For those of you wanting the wheel flares, it won't look right if you just add the flares.

For example, the front wheel flares flow into the front z/28 splitter and the side skirts perfectly. If you don't have either of those, the flares just end abruptly and will stick out. Just warning you.

Also, for the fronts there are three holes you have to drill in front clip to bolt these on(see pics below)

That is if you can even get a hold of some due to GM restrictions.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2015, 06:21 AM   #551
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
You need a brake upgrade stat! .
Old 05-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #552
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMSS View Post
For those of you wanting the wheel flares, it won't look right if you just add the flares.

For example, the front wheel flares flow into the front z/28 splitter and the side skirts perfectly. If you don't have either of those, the flares just end abruptly and will stick out. Just warning you.

Also, for the fronts there are three holes you have to drill in front clip to bolt these on(see pics below)

Can you tell us where you are getting these restricted parts from?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #553
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
the flares show up on www.gmpartsdirect.com not sure what happens if you actually place the order but theyre listed.

they list there for 228.50
Old 05-08-2015, 10:07 AM   #554
crc91

Hmm interesting! Are the side skirts or a replica avaliable?

Old 05-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #555
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTOMSS View Post

The flares will work with GFX kit and minor mods. The front spoiler is similar to z/28 just comes up higher. Back part will need a piece to blend into gfx side skirt and rear. I am hoping sometime this summer to make the blending pieces. the hard part is getting the flares.

On the fiberglass aftermarket ones those would require bonding and splitting them since they need to attach to both back or front fascia which needs to be removable. That is were it gets tricky on the fiberglass flares and why I ended up getting a z28 for 3 weeks so I could order my flares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
the flares show up on www.gmpartsdirect.com not sure what happens if you actually place the order but theyre listed.

they list there for 228.50
You can order them but they will end up canceling your order unless you have a valid vin. tried that 8 months ago.

BTW looks like duraflex now has front flares they are offering them on ebay.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 AM   #556
PHANTOMSS

Quote:
Can you tell us where you are getting these restricted parts from?
I got mine from cheapestgmparts.com but I highly advise not to go there. It took about a month to get them and when I did, half the parts were cracked , bent or snapped in half. They never answer their phone and have poor customer service. I finally got everything and they made it right but it was the biggest PITA.

You can search the interwebs for discount GM parts and find these parts at any reseller up to 40% off list price. They have to custom order them direct from GM and restricted parts require a valid VIN of z/28.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #557
PHANTOMSS

it boggles my mind that you bought a 2014-15 z/28 just to strip parts off to put on your 2010 SS but to each their own.

It took me two minutes to figure out how to get around the restriction. I'm quite shocked nobody has figured this out after a year already. All you need is a valid z/28 VIN to order the parts. GM doesn't check that the VIN matches your name and the name of who ordered the parts.

Hope this helps. Everyone enjoy your new z/28 swag. If you still can't figure it out, I don't know what to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
The flares will work with GFX kit and minor mods. The front spoiler is similar to z/28 just comes up higher. Back part will need a piece to blend into gfx side skirt and rear. I am hoping sometime this summer to make the blending pieces. the hard part is getting the flares.

On the fiberglass aftermarket ones those would require bonding and splitting them since they need to attach to both back or front fascia which needs to be removable. That is were it gets tricky on the fiberglass flares and why I ended up getting a z28 for 3 weeks so I could order my flares.

You can order them but they will end up canceling your order unless you have a valid vin. tried that 8 months ago.

BTW looks like duraflex now has front flares they are offering them on ebay.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #558
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Thx for the tip. I was under the impression GM checks the VIN against the registered owner. Now I know.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:14 AM   #559
crc91

I was under the impression they do as well. Unless some one running your parts counter doesn't know what they are doing lol

Old 05-12-2015, 12:04 PM   #560
PHANTOMSS

As in full brake hardware upgrade or just upgrade the looks? My brakes actually work great.

I bought a G2 high temp Brembo red brake caliper paint kit with black Brembo decals. Just need to find the time to paint them.

Thanks for the advice, i recognized this too after getting the new wheels you can see those ugly calipers more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
You need a brake upgrade stat! .