Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
you assume the dealer is knowingly giving a broke car back?Sounds like it ran well for 2 weeks before another symptom,should they hold onto your car for 2 weeks before they think its fixed?Jesus get a clue,there are no crystal balls or magic wands intermitent electrical problems are by far the worst to locate give these guys a break there doing there best and you playing the fool is not making it better
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #16
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
Are you setting any MAP sensor codes? I was getting an intermitant MAP sensor code p0107 and it would trigger a service stabilitrac warning, the car would run like crap and if it stalled or I shut it off it would crank but not restart. Traced it down to some harness damage by the starter and starter heat shield and the right rear back of block. It was very hard to see and really tight, I managed to reposition those harnesses and the problem went away. After 700 miles of no more issues I took it to the dealer, showed them the issue, they repaired and rerouted those harnesses and its been fine since.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #17
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Most of the time if your getting relay chatter it means there isnt enought voltage there to close the relay or could just be a bad relay.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #18
Rn2010

Drives: 2011 camaro
Service stabilitrak-car wont start-wont change gears

I have a 2011 camaro, which in the shop for the 3rd time and i haven't even had it a year.. I was wondering if anyone had experienced the intermittent problem of when you try to start the car "service stabilitrak" displays and the car doesn't even attempt to turn over or make any noise, after a few attempts of turning the key off and on, the car finally starts BUT still displays the service stabilitrak message and the engine light comes on, when you start to drive,it doesn't switch gears, i can be going 25-30mph and the rpms are all the way up to 4,000 and the car never shifts and runs VERY loudly, then when I let off the gas it takes FOREVER for the RPMs to come back down. I can shut the car off a few times and try to drive it again and it will still do it, then i can stop and restart and its GONE. When i took it to the dealer it didn't leave any codes, they had it for 3 days and were clueless.

The other problem my car has, which is the second time I'm having this fixed, is getting the " Ac off due to high engine temp" my car had been sitting in the garage for 10 hours and displayed this messgage upon starting the car. thermostat gauge doesn't work and I get no digital temperatue on my dash controls either, but the car never over heats.
Rn2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
Considering a Mustang youll be in the same boat the Mustangs are having problems to especially with Reverse in the Transmissions and electrical issues its not the Car these days thats the problem its the Federal Government breathing down these automakers back for lighter more fuel efficient cars thats why we have this nonsense with cylinder deactivation on the automatic V8's to turn it into a 4 Cylinder, it is rediculous a V8 should be a V8 if you want economy by a V6 there forcing the manufacturers to install all this nonsense on the car that will only end up breaking and causing us problems you want to blame someone blame the Government.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #20
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
I know this is an old thread but, I had a the same problem right after I installed my headers and tune. At first I thought it was the tune? Nope, it was the positive battery cable on the driver side coming in contact with the header! It melted and would short out periodically causing it to turn off and flash that same message!
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #21
Raycole

Drives: 2011 camaro
Look at drive side drain by cowl itt leaks into harness remove wiper trans sidodraini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
I thought the issue was fix by reflashing the ECM by the dealership 2 weeks ago. Again, it came back on Saturday night and I had to call a tow truck. The relay fuze was making a loud ticking noise, but the engine won't crank. After the tow guy dropped my car off to the dealership drop-off point, he started the car back up. WTF!!! ...This has been the 10th time the car won't start and start back up normally after 1 hour or so. I'm sick and tire of the run around that excuse "I can't fix your car issue, unless it break down for real." What happen when my warranty runs out?

The dark side is calling me.... I'm strongly considering trade this no good Camaro in for a 5.0.
reseal rubber drain silicon it right over harness water runs down shorts harness reset light every will be ok happened to me

Last edited by Raycole; 02-23-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Second thing goes wrong throttle pedal position switch has 2 switches inside set code causes same thing
Raycole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #22
lil-bit

Drives: 2000 SS
Anyone figure this issue. Exact same thing happening to our car. That stabilitrack message comes on and car doesn't start. Tried new battery
lil-bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #23
lil-bit

Drives: 2000 SS
2010 Camaro v6
lil-bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #24
stc315

Drives: 2015 ZL1
2015 ZL1 no crank-Service Stabilitrac on message screen

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the same issue with my 2015 ZL1. Only fix that I've found is to disconnect positive battery cable for 30 seconds and then it will crank right up. First time it happened was when I first bought it and they replaced the control module. But car is now out of warranty (extended GMPP expired last year) and it's acting up. Has anyone found the cause? The car is garage kept and hasn't seen rain in over a month, so I doubt it's a water leak like someone mentioned. It's also never done it after being washed. If it was once a year, I could live with it, but it's done it three times since last Monday.

Current Vehicles;
2015 ZL1 Ashen Gray, A6, #1130, built 4/9/15
2014 Ram Laramie Hemi 4x4
1970 Nova Black ZZ502/TH400
stc315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 09:19 PM   #25
Vickilynne

Drives: 2010 Camero SS2 , 1972 C10
Question

This is my first attempt at posting . Thanks for admitting us to the group. We just put an LS3 that we purchased as a drop out (?) Manual Transmission, hoses, everything attached into our 2010 Camaro ss2 . My issue is we can’t get it to start. The lights come on including the gages it sounds like the starter clicks but she doesn’t even try to start.
Does the computer need to reset ? Any advice is appreciated.

We have checked all connections, confirmed power is getting where it needs to.

Thanks
Vickilynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 10:43 PM   #26
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I wanted to tell you all you guys having electrical issues to just go ahead and replace your battery with a quality one first (not an o'reilly brand) like an optima or ac delco. The reason I say to is because I've went through a ton of batteries (used to flip cars) that tested out ok but were not ok. Just my opinion.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:27 AM   #27
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I know this is an old topic, but I'd thought I'd share.......

I had the same issue with my 2011 SS for several years. I'd think I figured it out, but it would quickly come back. Replaced the battery, battery cables, added grounds, cleaned all the grounds even replaced the camshaft and crank position sensors. None of it permanently fixed the issue. It would start with no issues three for four times but would have the same issues again. Finally, in July, I replaced the entire engine/transmission wiring harness. After plugging in the last connector and reconnecting the battery, the car fired right up. And has every single time since July.

When it was having its issues, I didn't enjoy driving it. It would sit in the garage for months at a time. Was always afraid it would leave me stranded somewhere. It nice having my Camaro back.
Old 11-15-2022, 02:17 PM   #28
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickilynne View Post
This is my first attempt at posting . Thanks for admitting us to the group. We just put an LS3 that we purchased as a drop out (?) Manual Transmission, hoses, everything attached into our 2010 Camaro ss2 . My issue is we can’t get it to start. The lights come on including the gages it sounds like the starter clicks but she doesn’t even try to start.
Does the computer need to reset ? Any advice is appreciated.

We have checked all connections, confirmed power is getting where it needs to.

Thanks
If this is a swap, check the V.A.T.S. If the ECM doesn't see all the modules that were originally with the car, it could cause the security to disable startup.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote