Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 03-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
finaleeb
R.K. Chevy

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to finaleeb
Anyone know the Virginia laws for headlights?

I am thinking about changing out the halo's in my black 2ss to the red AAC halo's. im just wondering if red in the headlights is going to get me some tickets? does anyone know off hand what the Virginia state laws are for headlights? ive been looking online but not finding what im looking for.
thanks.
finaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
From what I know, can not run red or blue while driving on roads at any time in VA. Reserved for emergency, fire, and police. Can have them on when parked or at show but at own risk driving with them on. Any other color (green, orange, yellow) should be ok unless cop wants to harass you. Hope this helps. I want the blue on mine but am waiting for mod fund to build back up.......
Old 03-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
No blue while in motion and you can't run any strobing (anything other than solid) red on your car while in motion and it can't be visible from your direction of travel. Red Halos would face the direction of travel and therefor not be allowed. The same is similar for white lights. While turned on they must only be facing the direction of travel (hence reverse lights only on while backing up).
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
finaleeb
R.K. Chevy

yeah, thats what i was afraid of. thanks for clearing that up for me. now i dont know what color halos to get, blue and red are the best colors imo.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #5
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
You most definitely do not want to have a chat with a copper for running reds or blues. I imagine the fine will be hefty.
rdblan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
finaleeb
R.K. Chevy

yeah so far ive avoided tickets in the camaro. not looking to do anything that is going to get me any more attention.

im thinking i might go with green. the green halo's dont look bad. might get the fog lights done too.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
That color combo looks good and evil! Love the green but does not match with ABM! Oh well, I'm thinking of going with red/white 2 ways. White for road and red for shows.