Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
Wicked build list for returning from Afghanistan!

Ok everyone so im in the army and ill be returning home soon...Ive had a really tough deployment in loosing friends, my mother, and going through a divorce (cheating hoe)...we after all said and done I decided I needed something to pick my moral back up and put a smile on my face...so here is the fun lil list I put together.

On R&R I did: 20% window tint all the way around with front strip, victory red painted tower strut, and bmr lowering springs...1" rear 1.4" front

I already had K&N CAI, SLP LTH with HF cats and LM1 Axel backs, with a custom tune from DBR in Nashville TN.

Selected Body Mods are: ZL1 front bumper conversion (already purchased), Razzi Rockers, Havoc rear diffuser, aluminum rear window louvers (only for show not on durring driving), anvil spoiler, and some custom side body stripes (in v-red and grey)...I also decided im gonna take the rear wheels (45th anniversary rims) and have them widened from 9" to 11" to fit maybe a 315mm on back

Power mod list: 3.91 gears, JRE differential pack, custom CNC ported heads, custom cam, matching valve springs, push rods, retainers, LS3 conversion kit, 3200 stall, BMR rear drag suspension with double adjustable coil overs, catch can, FAST LSXR 102mm intake, and a new wicked tune.

Where does everyone think my RWHP will be after this build and what does everyone think my 1/4 time will be?

Oh and BTW the heads and cam are going to stage 3 area for max power...also what does everyone think of the body mods I sellected.

SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Def a Sweet set-up, cant wait for Build thread... Thanks for service to this country
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #3
45THanniversarySS
Builder of fast cars

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniverary Edition
yea its gonna be sweet...but u forgot your guess on RWHP and 1/4 times lol
Old 09-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45THanniversarySS View Post
yea its gonna be sweet...but u forgot your guess on RWHP and 1/4 times lol
My guess not based on experiance would be 500+
revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #5
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Sounds nice and welcome home from one service member to another.

My guess 504.73/452.31. No clue on 1/4
Old 09-05-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
2012REDSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
looks like a solid plan...I'll gus 502rwhp and 465rwtq. I know how deployments can be but it will get better. Stay safe brother

SFC A
2012REDSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
Thanks for your service, sorry for your loses also........welcome home.

I have know idea what your end results will be after your mods, I'm looking forward to seeing your build. Post some pics when you can.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Hey brother, glad you a coming home.

Looks like a wicked build, and should put down some serious power, around 500rwhp like the others said.

Oh and as I am former 82nd I gotta tweak your nose a bit, Go Airborne (as we know the Screaming Chickens are just Air Assault! )

GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
sounds like a good list.

stay safe brother.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
BiggFoot

Drives: 2010 Camaro (M6) 1000+ HP SBE
500 rwhp with low 12's 1/4 mi ET. Add a maggie and your looking at 625 RWHP, same as what I am throwing down. Nothing like letting them hear the whine as you pass with the front end of the Camaro and the rumble when they are smelling your azz when zipping by, lol. Go for it friend!
Kooks LT Headers and full 3" exhaust
Fore Triple Pump Fuel System with ID 1700X Injectors - E85 conversion

DSS 9” Conversion (1400 hp axles, driveshaft, pumpkin) & Strange 3.70 gears
McLeod RXT Twin HD Clutch & Upgraded Slave
RPM Level VII
TR6060
BMR Drag Suspension Package w/Strange shocks
Carlyle 15" and M/T ET Street R radials
10.1 @ 143 mph 1/4 mile

BiggFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Have not been to the stan but did 3 tours in Iraq. Be safe brother
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #12
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
I hate to be the only negative one here, but Am I the only one that thinks 500+whp is going to be a high guess? But, I guess, it completely depends on how you dyno it..
Old 09-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
seriously .......From a old disabled grunt vet hotrodder with a vet wife>>>>>>>>>>>> You should be north of 450 rwhp,,,,,,, Consider the flywheel h.p. about shy of 460 for what you have now and your rear wheel h.p. should be about just over 400 as you have a automatic and add the 40+ h.p to 50 h.p for the cam and head change. Then figure in your going ls3 conversion to try to loose the afm etc, and you have been saying you want a different intake...which on everything I have seen is a waste of money, 1K for a few h.p. and a different curve.
And while a 3200 rpm will help with the launch and 60 ft times it nets no h.p., the coil overs will make it stiff for no wheel hop and the 3.91 rev it higher to get to gear and a bit faster in a quarter. So hopefully you will reach the 11's higher end if you hook ,drive fast, and the stars align. You see you plan all these other mods , some which for the body look nice for a younger person, but add weight. You also want to just throw money at it for this that and the other thing. If I were you I would do the zl1 mod.....Replace entire car, add pulley and tune and long tubes and be in the 10's if speed is all you care about. The higher you go in a stall converter the less streetable a car feels, sure we have traction control which kind of makes that moot, but I consider 2500 stretched and 3000 less friendly to the street, and you want a street machine that drag races. Given all you have said, I would think low 12s to high 11s if on drag radials and with the right cam and heads etc etc etc,

And of course reaction time rowing through the gears, the trans tune etc all make a huge difference. I come from putting shift kits in th350 and 400's and then you hit the gas and that's pretty much it, and the times are solid if YOU GET THE HOOK AND YOU REACT WELL. If your a sloth, and you wheels spin and hop all over and smash into a wall from a bad rutted old race track and loss of traction and oil on track ....etc anything can go wrong. That's why multiple runs of course and practice will make a huge difference too. For h.p from the mods think....stock car you are 400 flywheel, -ls3 conversion and cam now upgrading to around 450-460 flywheel, good intake 15 h.p. , good exhaust and tune 30-40 flywheel. SO yes you should be about or over 500 flywheel but the auto looses more power due to slippage getting it to the rear wheels and we have IRS not a solid axle so rwhp at best you may be in the middle 400's which is still huge from stock if you consider what a stock automatic has for rwhp. I wish you luck, If I were to consider so many changes I would just save the money and go zl1. The stage three is not very streetable either on most places that make them so you gain some from that also, but you pretty much loose streetability as the wild lope of larger cams causes loss in air pressure to brake booster requiring back up vacuum canister to assist for brakes on older cars, due to long duration etc, and other factors make it less streetable and that's why if you note they have stages..1 mild, 2 street strip, 3 strip not very streetable and requires usually a lot more upgrades to push rods springs rockers etc etc And maybe a lot more trouble than it is worth. If I had you car being a old timer I would loose the fugly 45th on the hood striping as the 45th will mean nothing after time its not like a 50th...... Get aftermarket appearance wheels and products you choose to customize to personalize and do a street more likely build as the cars are heavy and lets face it weight means speed and it takes lots of h.p. to overcome weight. And just enjoy a good solid build on it that does not go way overboard as you will never see but a fraction of the money out of the mods you do if you ever sell or trade it in. Its not a historically correct and rare cobra or something its a new car. WE DRIVE LUXURY SPORTS CARS WITH EVERY NEW FANGLED CONVEINIENCE......

And overcoming that is something I will do a little but not so much. As I was young once and built a lot of cars with headers, and intakes and heads and cams etc etc. And what you find through time, I wasted a lot of money on cars that were fun and drivers but I really wish I had just the one super solid non bondoed highly classic that was exactly what I love Keeper that I had sunk all that money into and maintained the interest in it not a dozen cars I would sell for a loss later after driving them for years. SO if you love the zl1 front and stuff I would as I wish I could do get a zl1, yet I use my car for long road trips daily driving etc, And well If I do get zl1 I know I will have to change the tires and wheels, and pay more at the pump, and wish I WAS NOT RACKING UP MEGA MILES ON A ZL1......... SO for me that can come later on a used zl1 close to retirement if at all and just for a pleasure ride and keep my SS for my daily forever. And pray for a lotto win and someone to hire my daughter when she leaves college that pays her a fortune to pay her loans off.
Good luck to you and god bless America.

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-07-2013 at 10:58 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #14
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Sweet Build list!!!

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote