Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Fellow owner in need of emergency help!

Hey guys,

I've had a great time discussing things on this forum, so I figured why not try it out when I'm in need of help. I'm not sure if this is the place for it, but I'm devastated and am trying everything that I can.

I just got out of the military and moved to Texas and I now work at SpaceX. 2 days ago, I found out that my 6 year old Golden Retriever has cancer. He started chemotherapy yesterday, and it is going to be a long,
emotional, and expensive road. He's always been so loyal, loving, kind, and dedicated to me, so now is my time to be worthy of his love and do everything I can to ensure he has a long life, and a good quality
one. I don't want money to be an excuse to not treat him so I am trying everything that I can.

I started a fundraiser for him so please, if you are able to do anything at all; donate, share this post, etc...we'd be so appreciative. We are just so devastated and in need of support at this time. Thank you so much for looking and
if you have any questions, please ask.

http://www.gofundme.com/yvu5qw
Attached Images

Last edited by mrh923; 07-10-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Fixed link
mrh923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #2
HotelCali
Banned

Drives: 2013 RS
+1
HotelCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelCali View Post
+1

Thanks buddy. Nothing is more painful than finding out your best friend is sick. I'm just trying everything that I can.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #4
ucHuskies

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Blue Ray
Good luck Norman. Had 4 goldens myself. Strong spirits. Hang in there
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 PM   #5
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I know exactly what you are going through is it just sucks. Nothing else to say about. My Jake was a very loving Golden. He's been gone for 11 years now and there isn't many days go by that I don't think about him. Good luck!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:19 PM   #6
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
Donated! One military member to another!
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 PM   #7
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucHuskies View Post
Good luck Norman. Had 4 goldens myself. Strong spirits. Hang in there
Thank you for your support. He is very strong and in great spirits so I know he will do well with the treatment. I'm trying to make the best decisions for him without being selfish.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:23 PM   #8
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I know exactly what you are going through is it just sucks. Nothing else to say about. My Jake was a very loving Golden. He's been gone for 11 years now and there isn't many days go by that I don't think about him. Good luck!

That's exactly it...it just plain sucks. He seemed perfectly healthy and we never saw this coming. It's awful. I hate cancer with every fiber of my being and Norman is the same as your Jake. He is so kind and loving and does not deserve this. Thanks so much for your kind words we really appreciate it during this tough time.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #9
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrop01 View Post
Donated! One military member to another!
Gotta take care of our own! Thank you very much buddy. This makes me confident that Norman will get everything he needs and we will meet our goal. You guys are just awesome.
Old 07-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #10
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Any way you can set up the donations to have a PayPal option? I think you would get many more donators - it's so much easier and safer. I hesitate to participate in such things when I'm asked to enter my credit card info. If there was a PP option I would gladly donate.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:41 AM   #11
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Any way you can set up the donations to have a PayPal option? I think you would get many more donators - it's so much easier and safer. I hesitate to participate in such things when I'm asked to enter my credit card info. If there was a PP option I would gladly donate.
I agree on this.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #12
mrh923

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Jim made a great point and I agree. I made the GoFundMe account just assuming that more people would see it and Norman would get the most help out of it.

If you'd like to use PayPal, I also have that. My PayPal email is mrh92386@hotmail.com

Again, thank you all for your support thus far. It's been so amazing to see the support he's gotten and we thank you so much for helping ensure his treatment progresses.

Matt

Last edited by mrh923; 07-10-2015 at 07:33 AM. Reason: misspelling
mrh923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 08:34 AM   #13
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Link doesn't work
Old 07-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #14
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I hate to ask this, but did the vet tell you what his chances are?

Going through Chemo even for a human isn't easy.

We had a cat that at the age of 5 was diagnosed with FIPS. FIPS almost always occurs in infants, and 90% of cats have it, it just never goes active. It did with him.

It was the most horrible decision I ever had to make, but I'd make it again because he was in so much pain and there was no cure. So I had him put to sleep. We spent thousands just to verify that was what it was, and the treatment just to give him another couple of weeks would have been extremely and terribly painful for him. I was not about to make him suffer for my selfishness.

I still carry his collar tag on my keychain and always will. That cat saved my life when I was going through a horrible divorce and suffering through back treatment that ultimately led to a quad spinal fusion to relieve the pain. My cat chose me over her and stuck by my side every moment. :(

He was grumpy as hell sometimes, just like me, but he stuck by me when no one else did.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote