Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 AM   #57
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
see the problem with the v6 challenger, v6 camaro, and mustang v6 is that they look fast, but really not that fast, and people will wanna race.
That was something I didn't like about my last car. It was an Eclipse SE, decked out with the spoiler, ground effects, etc. It looked fast, but alas, it was only a 4 banger. The V6 Camaro may not be an SS, but I'd say it has a decent amount of performance to back up its looks--would definitely destroy my old car. You're right about the V6 stang and challenger though, they're really not that fast
E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #58
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
lol great story.. man I wish i had such luck when these teenagers were trying to race me. =p
Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #59
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Thanks I needed that, I now feel vindicated.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99589
Old 08-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #60
chain1

Drives: 2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
That was something I didn't like about my last car. It was an Eclipse SE, decked out with the spoiler, ground effects, etc. It looked fast, but alas, it was only a 4 banger. The V6 Camaro may not be an SS, but I'd say it has a decent amount of performance to back up its looks--would definitely destroy my old car. You're right about the V6 stang and challenger though, they're really not that fast
Just to Clarify, the V6 Mustang is the fastest of all three.
chain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #61
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
...most of all Scarecrow.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 AM   #62
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
Thanks I needed that, I now feel vindicated.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99589
Your welcome!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 AM   #63
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
see demon hunter has a v6 camaro, and its looks very cool. all blacked out... now, if i saw a v6 mustang all blacked out, and i happen to be close to him on the road, i would show him whats up... not by trying to race him... just him hearing my exhaust at 1500 rpms would be all thats needed... its happens to me too... a aston martin, that lives in my area will always try to race me... and one day this lambo showed me whats up...

people have to realize that it happens to all of us with sports cars. see the problem with the v6 challenger, v6 camaro, and mustang v6 is that they look fast, but really not that fast, and people will wanna race.
I some how can't help but feel like I've just been insulted... I'm very happy with the performance of my V6 thank you. I owned a 350Z before this and I feel it's performance is right on par with it. Let's not turn this into "That thread". It was just an amusing story that I wanted to share with everybody.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 AM   #64
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
Not to jack your thread or be funny, but "Camaro" is spelled wrong on your profile.
Haha! That's funny, I never noticed that before.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #65
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Someone needs to teach these little Mustang drivers, "We don't street race and risk killing other people." I'm seeing so many of these stories and it's always a Mustang, it seem that the drivers of these vehicles are typically the immature idiots that don't know anything about location, location, location. Man, I applaud you for keeping calm when he rode your bumper, and resisting temptation when he pulled off.
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #66
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain1 View Post
Just to Clarify, the V6 Mustang is the fastest of all three.
Can anyone here mention the "M" word without one of them coming out of the woodwork to comment???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
I some how can't help but feel like I've just been insulted... I'm very happy with the performance of my V6 thank you. I owned a 350Z before this and I feel it's performance is right on par with it. Let's not turn this into "That thread". It was just an amusing story that I wanted to share with everybody.
I agree!!! The V6 has more power than anyone should ever need unless they are racing it / running it at a track.....
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #67
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
Someone needs to teach these little Mustang drivers, "We don't street race and risk killing other people." I'm seeing so many of these stories and it's always a Mustang, it seem that the drivers of these vehicles are typically the immature idiots that don't know anything about location, location, location. Man, I applaud you for keeping calm when he rode your bumper, and resisting temptation when he pulled off.

While I will say not all Mustang drivers are tool boxes -- I seem to see MORE tool boxes driving Mustangs then not....

I kinda feel bad for those few that aren't total d-bags....they end up taking the flame for the majority....

Course - when you have 5 billion of them everywhere you go -- odds rise dramatically that a docuhebag, or eleventy million, will be driving one...
Old 08-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #68
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Need, want, enjoy and love are four different words and meanings.

If we all really want to get technical we all dont "need" anything more than about 200HP
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #69
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Need, want, enjoy and love are four different words and meanings.

If we all really want to get technical we all dont "need" anything more than about 200HP
I want to need to enjoy the love of my V8