Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
So much for my exhaust....

So, as many of you know I have the Gibson axle-back kit with resonator delete and BBK long-tubes. Well, after only having my Gibsons on for a little over a year now, they are bad. Started having some really bad rasp coming from them under heavy acceleration, it kept getting worse, and now it is all the time no matter what. It sounds horrible, very tiny and raspy, like a 4 banger rice rocket, you know, that baseball card in the spokes sound. Anyway, took it to a muffler shop and the guy says there is something wrong with the mufflers internally. I called up Gibson about their warranty and they said they'd look at it. If they say there is something wrong with it and say they'll replace it, I'm considering trying to get them to upgrade me to their V8 2.5" cat-back system for a bill or 2 more.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Probably cheap packing material. Sound like it might of have rusted inside out. That sucks.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Probably cheap packing material. Sound like it might of have rusted inside out. That sucks.
Yup. I'm pretty annoyed to say the least...
Old 12-14-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
So, as many of you know I have the Gibson axle-back kit with resonator delete and BBK long-tubes. Well, after only having my Gibsons on for a little over a year now, they are bad. Started having some really bad rasp coming from them under heavy acceleration, it kept getting worse, and now it is all the time no matter what. It sounds horrible, very tiny and raspy, like a 4 banger rice rocket, you know, that baseball card in the spokes sound. Anyway, took it to a muffler shop and the guy says there is something wrong with the mufflers internally. I called up Gibson about their warranty and they said they'd look at it. If they say there is something wrong with it and say they'll replace it, I'm considering trying to get them to upgrade me to their V8 2.5" cat-back system for a bill or 2 more.
what's the piping size for the v6?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Demon, sorry to hear about the issue with those mufflers. I know those Gibson's were a close second to the MRT sound.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
what's the piping size for the v6?
2.25"
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
Demon, sorry to hear about the issue with those mufflers. I know those Gibson's were a close second to the MRT sound.
Yah, they sounded great. Sucks that changed. I was pretty impressed with the costumer service rep on the phone though. He made it very clear that they stand by the product and would fix it if it was in fact a defect. We'll see what happens when I take it in Friday morning.