Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-11-2016, 02:37 PM   #155
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
The GT350 was tested but they only took the top 16......
Huh? Please explain...first I've heard of this.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #156
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
So how much drag racing experience do you have besides bench racing?
1000's of passes in my previous mustangs (ran anywhere from low 10's to high 13's, depending on models, modifications etc.).
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:48 PM   #157
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
1000's of passes in my previous mustangs (ran anywhere from low 10's to high 13's, depending on models, modifications etc.).
No offense, but some of your statements make that hard to believe. But I'll just move on in regards to the subject...
Old 09-11-2016, 02:49 PM   #158
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
No offense, but some of your statements make that hard to believe. But I'll just move on in regards to the subject...
No offense taken.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:57 PM   #159
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Ok, I'm not a drag racer, but why is it when et are high, trap are high. Then when et is low, trap is low? Seen this many time with same car, get a slower time, but trap is higher.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #160
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss/r's View Post
Ok, I'm not a drag racer, but why is it when et are high, trap are high. Then when et is low, trap is low? Seen this many time with same car, get a slower time, but trap is higher.
The quicker the 60', the less time you have to cover the 1/4 mile...hence the lower the mph. This works in both directions.

Note: This is usually the case...however there are other things to consider than can affect this (shifting at the big end of the track, rear end gears etc.), so it's not always accurate.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:07 PM   #161
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
The quicker the 60', the less time you have to cover the 1/4 mile...hence the lower the mph. This works in both directions.
So mustangs higher trap is due to slow 60'?
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #162
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Wheel spin.

A car may have a higher trap speed with a slower ET due to wheel spin. Wheel speed will be higher due to that. Also why sometimes when you get a sticky tire, you may go quicker ET wise, but lose a mph or so due to the increased traction.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #163
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
See my comment...
Old 09-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #164
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
This is the case with all cars in general...but not always.

Quote:
Wheel spin.

A car may have a higher trap speed with a slower ET due to wheel spin. Wheel speed will be higher due to that. Also why sometimes when you get a sticky tire, you may go quicker ET wise, but lose a mph or so due to the increased traction.
Wheel spin is the cause of a bad 60', but isn't the explanation. With a quicker 60', you have a smaller amount of time you are traveling in the 1/4 mile. This gives you less time to accelerate through the traps, resulting in a reduced trap mph.

But again, this is not always the case. If you spin the tires and have to shift just before the traps, you may very well trap higher with a better 60'. There are other factors at play here as well.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:16 PM   #165
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
This is the case with all cars in general...but not always.

Wheel spin is the cause of a bad 60', but isn't the explanation. With a quicker 60', you have a smaller amount of time you are traveling in the 1/4 mile. This gives you less time to accelerate through the traps, resulting in a reduced trap mph.

But again, this is not always the case. If you spin the tires and have to shift just before the traps, you may very well trap higher with a better 60'. There are other factors at play here as well.
Why do you think the same car would have a lower 60'? Wheelspin...the main reason for a higher trap speed and lower ET on the same car that ran a slower 60' is wheelspin as I said. Anybody with drag racing experience knows this. A sticky tire gains in the 60' due to traction, hence possibly lower trap speed. It's drag racing 101.

Wheelspin = wheelspeed...
Old 09-11-2016, 03:17 PM   #166
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
The main reason for a higher trap speed and lower ET on the same car that ran a slower 60' is wheelspin as I said. Anybody with drag racing experience knows this. Wheelspin = wheelspeed...
He was asking for an explanation, not the reason.

It could be wheel-spin, it could be bogging, slipping the clutch too much or not enough etc.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #167
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
He was asking for an explanation, not the reason.

It could be wheel-spin, it could be bogging, slipping the clutch too much or not enough etc.
If you had a higher trap speed, but higher ET, it would not be from bogging or excessive clutch slip. That would lose too much forward momentum that the car would not fully recover from. Only thing that would do that in relation to the question at hand is wheel spin as that slows your 60', but doesn't hurt full forward momentum, giving you a higher trap speed since your wheel speed is higher. Yes, there are other possibilities, but this is the case 90% of the time.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #168
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Quote:
If you had a higher trap speed, but higher ET, it would not be from bogging or excessive clutch slip. That would lose too much forward momentum that the car would not fully recover from. Only thing that would do that in relation to the question at hand is wheel spin as that slows your 60', but doesn't hurt full forward momentum, giving you a higher trap speed.
I have personally witnessed both. Is it the norm, no...but my point was...there is more at play. I can tell a child that 2+2=4, but unless I explain why...they won't learn anything.