#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-09-2016, 10:38 AM   #71
AdvanSuper

Drives: 1SS HBM w/MRC NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Don't forget the Carbon Fiber wheels. Thats a huge advantage too. Essentially the 1LE is having to run around with ankle weights on in comparison.
That too.. I always forget about those...

In real world competition with similar tires and lighter wheels the 1LE would be knocking at its door on the track, autox, etc. Can the R get better tires, yeah sure, but at a competition level everyone will be running similar tires basically and not OEM.

44k on a street tire with that performance is ridiculous. It shits all over their own ATS-V too...
AdvanSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #72
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
So this may be a tad off topic but how much extra power do you guys think the GT PP would need to make up that 9.8sec gap to the 1LE at VIR???

I ask this because a friend of mine just got a GT PP for $32k and says all he has to do is drop a pro charger in and will keep up with me for still less money. I think he will need a lot more power than he thinks to keep up haha
Completely depends on what the competition is. Drag race? Road Course? Anything outside of a drag race and he will need suspension work to keep up. The GT PP is still way too soft from the factory. Watch the Motor Trend Head 2 Head between it and the 5th gen 1LE and you can visible see how much more the car floats and rolls out on the track.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:40 AM   #73
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
So this may be a tad off topic but how much extra power do you guys think the GT PP would need to make up that 9.8sec gap to the 1LE at VIR???

I ask this because a friend of mine just got a GT PP for $32k and says all he has to do is drop a pro charger in and will keep up with me for still less money. I think he will need a lot more power than he thinks to keep up haha
The supercharger will heat soak on a road coarse. He might get a good lap in first and take you on the straights but a pro charger ain't gonna make it brake and turn better.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #74
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Completely depends on what the competition is. Drag race? Road Course? Anything outside of a drag race and he will need suspension work to keep up. The GT PP is still way too soft from the factory. Watch the Motor Trend Head 2 Head between it and the 5th gen 1LE and you can visible see how much more the car floats and rolls out on the track.
So basically it's going to take more that a S/C kit for it to keep up on a road course!!! Hell it will probably take well of $10K in upgrades!
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #75
Thor142

Quote:
So basically it's going to take more that a S/C kit for it to keep up on a road course!!! Hell it will probably take well of $10K in upgrades!
He'd be better off just buying a 5th gen 1LE and learning how to drive it..... The driver mod is worth waaaay more than 10K.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #76
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
He'd be better off just buying a 5th gen 1LE and learning how to drive it..... The driver mod is worth waaaay more than 10K.
That would never happen! haha He's a stang Fanboy, but at least he doesn't hate on the SS like half the stangboys!
Old 09-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #77
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
If that v6 responded well to simple mods, it could seriously be on my list.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #78
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
The 1LE is 3 seconds off the Mustang time. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the ZL1 at VIR is gonna kick the GT350R's a$$.
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the ZL1 vs the GT350R. The ZL1 better smoke it and I don't see why its such an accomplishment if it does It has 120+ more HP, plus all the go fast goodies the 1LE has. I think or at least in my mind once they said it was gonna have the LT4, that it was going to be faster than the 350R.

Quote:
Yep. the Mustang GT PP is geared more for spirited street driving than track duty. but as optional Performance Packs, the 1LE is the clear winner. This car has insane levels of performance for what it costs. the GT if it ever wants to catch up to a 1LE, is probably going to need a much more aggressive suspension package, tire package, and probably some more power.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #79
FNxR3DNECK

[QUOTE=shaffe;9302203]I don't understand why people keep bringing up the ZL1 vs the GT350R. The ZL1 better smoke it and I don't see why its such an accomplishment if it does It has 120+ more HP, plus all the go fast goodies the 1LE has. I think or at least in my mind once they said it was gonna have the LT4, that it was going to be faster than the 350R.

I feel that it makes perfect sense because all the Stang boys are saying that you can't compare the 1LE to the GT350 because the 350 is a separate "special model". Well that's exactly what the ZL1 is and they will be in the same price bracket so I believe it's the perfect comparison. At least until the GT500 and Z/28 come out.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #80
Thor142

[QUOTE=FNxR3DNECK;9302232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the ZL1 vs the GT350R. The ZL1 better smoke it and I don't see why its such an accomplishment if it does It has 120+ more HP, plus all the go fast goodies the 1LE has. I think or at least in my mind once they said it was gonna have the LT4, that it was going to be faster than the 350R.

I feel that it makes perfect sense because all the Stang boys are saying that you can't compare the 1LE to the GT350 because the 350 is a separate "special model". Well that's exactly what the ZL1 is and they will be in the same price bracket so I believe it's the perfect comparison. At least until the GT500 and Z/28 come out.
I only brought up the ZL1 cause fanboy said "it's not Fords fault they dropped a different engine in it" (meaning the GT 350) SO I said ok then it's the same class as a ZL1, it's not chevy's fault they dropped a different engine in it.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #81
FNxR3DNECK

[QUOTE=Thor142;9302239]
Quote:

I only brought up the ZL1 cause fanboy said "it's not Fords fault they dropped a different engine in it" (meaning the GT 350) SO I said ok then it's the same class as a ZL1, it's not chevy's fault they dropped a different engine in it.
100% agree!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 AM   #82
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
[QUOTE=FNxR3DNECK;9302232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post

[QUOTE=Thor142;9302239]
Quote:

Ok I get what you guys are saying bc it would be at similar price points and different models.

Still don't think it is anything to write home about when the ZL1 beats the 350R times, it should be expected and IMO should do it with ease.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #83
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
If the ZL1 and whatever is coming up (presumably the Z/28) couldn't outrun the GT350R..that'd be a big egg on GM's face considering they've had nearly 2 years since they were announced and over a year since the first cars made it into consumer hands.

This is just how it goes, nothing lasts forever, and no car is the tip-top for long.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:03 PM   #84
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
If the ZL1 and whatever is coming up (presumably the Z/28) couldn't outrun the GT350R..that'd be a big egg on GM's face considering they've had nearly 2 years since they were announced and over a year since the first cars made it into consumer hands.

This is just how it goes, nothing lasts forever, and no car is the tip-top for long.
I agree, in my mind it's pretty much guaranteed that both Z cars will outrun the GT350R. With the ZL1 its more of a question of how long can it keep it up before heatsoke becomes an issue. And for the Z/28 it WILL murder the GT350R, no questions asked, the question is what the price will be. Hopefully it comes in around $65-70k, we don't need a replay of the 5th gen where they flew off the lots at first but after a while (and still today) nobody will buy them.