Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 08-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #15
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Thanks again guys.

My wife actually is also a big car nut like me. Her parents were drag racers back in the 70s and 80s. We both have Harleys so at least I have that to hold me over until I get a new car.

Funny story about how big of a gear head my wife is. The first night we met she ended up driving me home cause my friends ended up leaving early from the place we were at. When we pulled up to my place she looked in the driveway and saw my Camaro. She put her car in park, jumped out and headed straight for the Camaro and began to talk about it ( and she actually knew what she was talking about ).

I then mentioned I had a Harley and she made me open the garage and show her the bike. Once she saw it she began to tell me how her parents were drag racers and they each had their own race cars and how her dad is a master mechanic for Mercedes Benz and has been working as a mechanic for over 30 years.
The best part was when she asked me to start the bike so she could hear it. So I fire it up, she takes a big whiff of the exhaust, smiles, looks at me and says "the smell of that exhaust reminds me of my childhood because my father was either working on a car at home or we were at the drag strip hanging out". Hahahahha.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard that and 2 years later we were married hahahaha.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #16
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Congratulations!!! I still have a while on mine but at least the house is paid off.
Storm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #17
Front Runner

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Gray Metallic SS
Congrats and good luck with the sale.

2016 Nightfall Gray Camaro SS
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #18
mainecobra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6 speed
Your selling your car pretty cheap bud. It should sell fast
mainecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #19
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecobra View Post
Your selling your car pretty cheap bud. It should sell fast
You think so? What price would you suggest? 24500 is what Kelly blue book suggested as a high asking price (if I remember correctly)
Old 08-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Here is a link to my Craig's list add.
From your ad: "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

Made me snicker - good luck with that one. I've tried CL before and got nothing but obscene invitations or scam payment offers. Thought I never would get that crap to stop. I know others have had good luck with CL though.

Good luck to you! Glad to see you have your priorities in line. Stay focused on your goals.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:11 AM   #21
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
From your ad: "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"

Made me snicker - good luck with that one. I've tried CL before and got nothing but obscene invitations or scam payment offers. Thought I never would get that crap to stop. I know others have had good luck with CL though.

Good luck to you! Glad to see you have your priorities in line. Stay focused on your goals.
I belive "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers" being on an ad is a simple checkbox option when the person is creating the Craigslist ad so it's not like he wrote it out.

On to the car, looks great. I'm looking for a Camaro now (to hold me off until 6th gen.. Just can't wait anymore for a RWD V8), but can't do anything for a week as I'll be out of country.. UGHH. Hope all these aren't sold!

I see that you have leather listed under modifications.. Did this start as an SS/RS and not a 2SS?
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #22
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
good price, should sell fairly quick.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #23
phunkyeah

Drives: One Day
Great looking car, it will sell fast. Just curious if you have any videos of the exhaust, with the muffler delete is it obnoxiously loud?
phunkyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
I belive "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers" being on an ad is a simple checkbox option when the person is creating the Craigslist ad so it's not like he wrote it out.

On to the car, looks great. I'm looking for a Camaro now (to hold me off until 6th gen.. Just can't wait anymore for a RWD V8), but can't do anything for a week as I'll be out of country.. UGHH. Hope all these aren't sold!

I see that you have leather listed under modifications.. Did this start as an SS/RS and not a 2SS?
The car was originally an SS but I couldn't stand looking at the cloth seats and cloth dash and door inserts so I bought those leather seats and inserts from a guy who was re-doing his 2SS interior. One of the best purchases I made. I personally can't stand cloth interiors. Let me know if you're interested when you get back, my car might still up for sale I'm getting interested people but a lot of them are real flaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunkyeah View Post
Great looking car, it will sell fast. Just curious if you have any videos of the exhaust, with the muffler delete is it obnoxiously loud?
I don't think I have videos of the exhaust anymore. I used to have them on YouTube but I'm pretty sure I deleted them.

To answer your question, when you start the car, at idle and at cruising speed it's not obnoxious at all. When you down shift and get on the gas that's when it becomes a bit much, but that's something the people in the car behind you and next to you get affected by. Lolol. If you don't want to shell out the big bucks for a full exhaust I would spend the $100 on a muffler delete.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #25
bork_bork

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Convert Triple Black
Really good price. You may be better off selling off some of the mods and you'll get close to the same asking price stock. You can start by selling me the side markers
bork_bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bork_bork View Post
Really good price. You may be better off selling off some of the mods and you'll get close to the same asking price stock. You can start by selling me the side markers
I might just do that. I'll let you know.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #27
mainecobra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6 speed
Just realized it wasnt a rs2ss like mine thats why i said thats really cheap. But really it is now with the leather and door inserts. I think that is still a very fair price. I personally wouldnt take a dollar less. Its alot of car for the money. What else can u get that comlares for 24k? Stick to your price man it will sell.
mainecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #28
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecobra View Post
Just realized it wasnt a rs2ss like mine thats why i said thats really cheap. But really it is now with the leather and door inserts. I think that is still a very fair price. I personally wouldnt take a dollar less. Its alot of car for the money. What else can u get that comlares for 24k? Stick to your price man it will sell.
You make a great point. Thanks again