Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-24-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Do you like the ZL1 engine cover?

Do you like the ZL1 engine cover in comparison with ZR1 or CTS-V or other cars?

Somehow [to me] looks like an unfinished piece that was made in the last minute. I think there could be more improvement. After all, that's the first thing you see when you pop the hood and it carries a big impression of the motor in the eyes of the viewer.
Just an observation!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
No, i'd rather see the supercharger. I don't really like any engine covers...they look better hanging up on the garage wall.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
lil_red_v6
one wheelin

Drives: 2004 yamaha r6
Send a message via Yahoo to lil_red_v6
it atleast could of said ZL1
lil_red_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
royo

Drives: 1999 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
No, i'd rather see the supercharger. I don't really like any engine covers...they look better hanging up on the garage wall.
+1
royo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I, too, like seeing the SC. In fact, I like it the best because I think GM did a nice job on the plenum. I also would have preferred seeing ZL1, but I'm happy with LSA. I do like the cover hides some of the wires and other things, but generally, I don't like covers either.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Quote:
My engine cover is actually hanging up on the garage wall.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
great minds think alike.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #8
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I, too, like seeing the SC. In fact, I like it the best because I think GM did a nice job on the plenum. I also would have preferred seeing ZL1, but I'm happy with LSA. I do like the cover hides some of the wires and other things, but generally, I don't like covers either.
But, do you like "This particulate" design that comes with ZL1? That was my real question whether the current design is up to par wit ZR1 or CTS-V?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post

Mine's in the attic with a lot of other stuff I don't use...

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I'm glad you posted this. I don't care for the ZR1's clear panel or the look of the ZL1's carbon fiber cover either. The ZL1's cover is well done, but still looks like an aftermarket add on. I think it would look better if the hood just had the air extractor added and was painted body color. It wouldn't stop me from buying the car though.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:18 AM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
But, do you like "This particulate" design that comes with ZL1? That was my real question whether the current design is up to par wit ZR1 or CTS-V?
My bad

I'd say, YES, I really do. With the exception of the intercooler hoses (which I might find a way to try to clean-up and reroute) I think it does a great job at hiding the harnesses for the coils and injectors and obscures the coil packs some. While it might not be a full design (if you will), like ZR1 and CTS-V, I REALLY like the finish of the upper plenum compared to it's brothers. If I were to ever have the money for another SC, I'd have to stay with the expensive LS9 set in order to keep that plenum, I like it so much. I wouldn't like the window from ZR1, nor do I like the upper plenum as much as LSA and CTS-V is totally boring. I don't like that it covers as much as it does as I wonder about heat soak.

I certainly think that if I take into account how much I like the overall look of the plenum and cover, that I am absolutely please. JMVHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerouSS View Post
I'm glad you posted this. I don't care for the ZR1's clear panel or the look of the ZL1's carbon fiber cover either. The ZL1's cover is well done, but still looks like an aftermarket add on. I think it would look better if the hood just had the air extractor added and was painted body color. It wouldn't stop me from buying the car though.
I think the black ties into the GFX and splitter, but it should be paintable so if someone doesn't like it, it shouldn't be too bad to remove it for paint

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
With the exception of the intercooler hoses (which I might find a way to try to clean-up and reroute) I think it does a great job at hiding the harnesses for the coils and injectors and obscures the coil packs some.
That was exactly what is bugging me from the front view and hoses. Man you picked that up sharp.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
That was exactly what is bugging me from the front view and hoses. Man you picked that up sharp.
I hope we get a relocation kit like there are for SSs. That would be nice the those ZL1 owners who want to change things up a bit

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote: