Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Im from middle east !! i need help

Hiii guys
im new 2 this great forums .. i need some help from u guys cuz im from the middle east ( arabian gulf ) and i wanna order a new Camaro SS from the states with Gulf spec so can anyone help me .. if the dealers can order me one with gluf spec and how long it will take

thanx aloooot
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
jeffny09


 
jeffny09's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: new york
Posts: 5,625
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
welcome to the site and good luck
__________________
top 10 reason why real men drive stick.

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
thanx bro !!
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
The long and short of it is that dealers are not allowed to sell cars here for export. The only way to do it is to have someone here buy the car and get it shipped to you without the dealer knowing.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
The long and short of it is that dealers are not allowed to sell cars here for export. The only way to do it is to have someone here buy the car and get it shipped to you without the dealer knowing.
yaaa this is wat im going 2 do
but my question is can i order one with a gulf spec .. cuz i think that there is some difference between the US spec and the gulf spec .
and then im going to to send the cash to my frnd so he can buy the car and ship it to my country.
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: To many to list
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 15,233
What is the gulf spec
__________________
<img src=images/smilies/thumbdown.gif border=0 alt= title=Thumbdown class=inlineimg />
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahrain View Post
yaaa this is wat im going 2 do
but my question is can i order one with a gulf spec .. cuz i think that there is some difference between the US spec and the gulf spec .
and then im going to to send the cash to my frnd so he can buy the car and ship it to my country.
Ummm no. If you asked for it "gulf spec" the dealer would kinda know it's going to be exported. He has to think it's staying in the states. They could lose their dealership if they knowingly aid in the export of a car. Unless, of course, you have some sort of connection with a dealership here (or offer a boatload of cash) that is willing to bend the rules for you. Still no chance of "gulf spec" (whatever that is).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
What is the gulf spec
im not sure about it but i think that the fuel system is different and the radiator is bigger with some different in the thermostats cuz the weather is very hot over here .. so it will be better if i ordered one with a gulf spec so ill be on the safe side with out problems with the engine and other stuff
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Ummm no. If you asked for it "gulf spec" the dealer would kinda know it's going to be exported. He has to think it's staying in the states. They could lose their dealership if they knowingly aid in the export of a car. Unless, of course, you have some sort of connection with a dealership here (or offer a boatload of cash) that is willing to bend the rules for you. Still no chance of "gulf spec" (whatever that is).
thanx bro !!
but do u know when is the new camaro arrives the middle east ?
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #10
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahrain View Post
thanx bro !!
but do u know when is the new camaro arrives the middle east ?
No. For all I know, it may never be sold there.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #11
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
No. For all I know, it may never be sold there.
i asked the dealer here .. they ordered 10 2ss but the problem is they dont know when its going to be here !!
so im trying 2 get it before the dealer
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #12
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahrain View Post
i asked the dealer here .. they ordered 10 2ss but the problem is they dont know when its going to be here !!
so im trying 2 get it before the dealer
It sounds like you're much better off getting it from the dealer. Even if you ordered it in the US now, you'd be waiting several months to get it. Then, you'd have to somehow arrange to have it shipped overseas and that would obviously take considerable time. And that would be after you found a dealer and a person in the US to do all this for you. It would be time consuming, expensive, and a logistical nightmare.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #13
Bahrain
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Bahrain
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It sounds like you're much better off getting it from the dealer. Even if you ordered it in the US now, you'd be waiting several months to get it. Then, you'd have to somehow arrange to have it shipped overseas and that would obviously take considerable time. And that would be after you found a dealer and a person in the US to do all this for you. It would be time consuming, expensive, and a logistical nightmare.
so ur advice is to wait from the dealer and buy it from here :(
im really sad cuz i wanna drive the Camaro SS ASAP

thanx alot bro
Bahrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #14
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It
 
Camarino's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
It sounds like you're much better off getting it from the dealer. Even if you ordered it in the US now, you'd be waiting several months to get it. Then, you'd have to somehow arrange to have it shipped overseas and that would obviously take considerable time. And that would be after you found a dealer and a person in the US to do all this for you. It would be time consuming, expensive, and a logistical nightmare.
i agree save yourself the headache
__________________
Lol SILLY RICER WINGS ARE FOR PLANES! :flag1: :flag2: :flag1: :flag2:
Camarino is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WHAT ABOUT PUTTING SS IN MIDDLE OF GRILL! IROCZJEFF Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions 67 01-17-2015 09:12 PM
gas prices. Congoman775 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 65 05-28-2008 01:20 PM
Does anyone know when is it coming to the Middle Eastern Markets? RagingBastard 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 17 10-07-2007 01:53 AM
World History Lesson TAG UR IT Off-topic Discussions 2 06-21-2007 03:56 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.