Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-03-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
LTWon

Drives: 2016 2ss
Magnuson/Edelbrock TVS vs. Prcharger Track Times

I see all the posts about Dyno numbers with the Maggie, Edelbrock and Procharger blowers. What are people running with these blowers at the track? How many of y'all are in the 10s? Are any of the Procharged cars in the 10s yet?
LTWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Heartbeats have run faster so far. Don't think any prochargers have made it into the 10's and I haven't seen any edelbrocks times yet
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
LTWon

That's all I've seen so far as well. Maybe someone has some new track times they haven't posted.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #4
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
That one 10.8xx Magnuson-equipped car has some improvements over the standard kit, you shouldn't expect to be that quick with the standard kit using Magnuson's tune on pump gas.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:39 AM   #5
LTWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
That one 10.8xx Magnuson-equipped car has some improvements over the standard kit, you shouldn't expect to be that quick with the standard kit using Magnuson's tune on pump gas.
What improvements have been done? Smaller supercharger pulley? Custom dyno tuning? I saw something about a mix of pump gas and race.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
He said that he has raised the boost over the standard kit, and tuned it with higher octane fuel (race gas mixed with pump gas).
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:40 AM   #7
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTWon View Post
I see all the posts about Dyno numbers with the Maggie, Edelbrock and Procharger blowers. What are people running with these blowers at the track? How many of y'all are in the 10s? Are any of the Procharged cars in the 10s yet?
Thought I'd jump in and ask my questions about superchargers since you might know the answers. I noticed that except for the Procharger the other SCers remove more OEM parts and replace them with their own. They claim they are reversible. They also claim 560+ hp when installed (?). They are also more expensive. Dollar for dollar which is the best and why? Thanks...
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:14 AM   #8
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Thought I'd jump in and ask my questions about superchargers since you might know the answers. I noticed that except for the Procharger the other SCers remove more OEM parts and replace them with their own. They claim they are reversible. They also claim 560+ hp when installed (?). They are also more expensive. Dollar for dollar which is the best and why? Thanks...
necessity

the procharger bolts on to the outside of the motor so you only need to remove the stock intake and then re-route the intake path through the blower to the intercooler which mounts in front of the stock radiator and then feeds in to the stock intake manifold

a positive displacement supercharger replaces the stock inlet manifold so that the supercharger itself can fit on top of the motor instead of in front of it and the intercooler sits on top of the motor

as they come out of the box, the positive displacement superchargers create boost earlier and stay fixed up to redline, where as a centrifugal supercharger starts off low and builds boost towards redline

either can be suitable but it depends on your goals and driving style - you can also use a waste gate on the intake path (after the supercharger but before the MAF) and a smaller pulley to get higher boost lower down which you then bleed off via the waste gate, but obviously this will need a custom tune rather than the one the kit comes with

some people prefer the slower feed in of the centrifugal as it allows you to floor it without wheelspin easier, others like the instant hit of the PD blowers, its really a personal preference kind of thing

me personally, I will be getting a procharger because the cost to purchase is that much less and I can do the work myself saving even more on a full install... I'm not really sure I need to spend an extra $3K on a positive displacement for low-revs torque as I won't be drag racing and I don't mind just setting my shift points to take advantage of where the boost is
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #9
Daves1SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Edelbrock took their test car, the red 2016 Camaro SS with the E-Force SC that put down 580 whp, and said the best they got on street tires on a hot day with no prep was 12.01 and they never said the MPH. Then they show the time board for just one of their passes, and it's a time a stock Camaro SS could easily hit. The MPH is pathetic on the run they showed too. They post that video and expect it to make people want to go buy this SC kit when they see the test car run a mid 12 at 116 mph? Lol.......what a disappointing video. Hardly no views and nearly no comments.

My car feels much faster than it was before I put the E-force on. I expect 125 mph traps from it in good weather or damn near close. Better be.

Previous:
'12 Mustang GT 6MT (12.47 @ 115.88)
'09 G8 GT (11.86 @ 120.47)
'05 GTO 6MT (slow, lol)
'01 Grand Prix GTP converted to turbo, high 11's
Daves1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:01 PM   #10
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Dave I hope the Eforce meets your expectations and it should. I'd be very disappointed if it didn't. My G8 picked up well over a 1 second from it best pass of 13.11 with just headers, Cai, drag radials and hand held tuner to 11.86@116 with a 1900 Maggie. Go get it man and yes my Camaro ran 12.04@115.83 bone stock, so yes that is one pathetic pass and if I were Edelbrock I would not have posted that video at all, I'd went back and worked on what the **** went wrong.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 11:02 PM   #11
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves1SS View Post
Edelbrock took their test car, the red 2016 Camaro SS with the E-Force SC that put down 580 whp, and said the best they got on street tires on a hot day with no prep was 12.01 and they never said the MPH. Then they show the time board for just one of their passes, and it's a time a stock Camaro SS could easily hit. The MPH is pathetic on the run they showed too. They post that video and expect it to make people want to go buy this SC kit when they see the test car run a mid 12 at 116 mph? Lol.......what a disappointing video. Hardly no views and nearly no comments.

My car feels much faster than it was before I put the E-force on. I expect 125 mph traps from it in good weather or damn near close. Better be.
That video is embarrassing and should be removed. What gearhead signs off on that garbage pass ? Oh wait, the head of advertising does.....
Old 09-07-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
The Eaton based systems that are available run at a higher cost due to the OEM level of integration into the car. The rotating groups have been validated to OEM requirements and the hardware used represents the same standard. Also CARB approval, I think there are a few more states other than just CA that require an EO, I know the Maggie has one and I'd guess that Edelbrock might also, not sure about the other solutions out there.

As far as performance is concerned, area under the HP curve is what determines the performance of the vehicle - whether you're road racing, drag racing, or just daily driving. With today's electronic control systems it's impossible to have too much power - anywhere. With the Maggie, if I leave the traction control on the car will manage itself under all conditions with stock tires on the street. I can simply touch the button and I can have full command of the power for places where it can be used - like at the track with drag radials, something not possible with the power delivery (or lack there of) with a centrifugal solution.

With a heavy car like the Camaro at the drag strip, you'll need quite a bit more power from a centrifugal SC alone with a high stall converter to run similar times as a PD supercharger. What is the price of a good quality high stall A8 converter along with installation into the vehicle? Maybe that higher cost PD isn't as expensive as it seems IMHO.
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:15 AM   #13
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
With a heavy car like the Camaro at the drag strip, you'll need quite a bit more power from a centrifugal SC alone with a high stall converter to run similar times as a PD supercharger. What is the price of a good quality high stall A8 converter along with installation into the vehicle? Maybe that higher cost PD isn't as expensive as it seems IMHO.
or you could install a wastegate and smaller pulley for a fraction of the cost
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:19 AM   #14
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Remember, these tunes Edelbrock are using are very mild and running only 6 lbs of boost. I am am also running there canned tune but the difference is unreal. The increase in torque is very noticeable. I plan on going to a local track and make a couple of runs. When I do I'll post them.

E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote