Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #29
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edlocs View Post
Nice job on the detail. Looks awsome. Just one question what did you use on the stripes?
I'm pretty sure he used Adam's clear polish.. One product I still don't have on my shelf
Old 04-07-2010, 02:21 AM   #30
ChrisQ91

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
sooo shiny.....I've never seen a car that shiny before. Great Job!
ChrisQ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #31
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
We used the Clear polish on one of my stripes over at Junkmans and it made the stripe look great. I have the flat black stripes and it didnt make them shiney and gave them a rich black look.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #32
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 AM   #33
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Very nice!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #34
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Dude, your car looks great!!!!! Did you tape off the stripes when using the PC and SHR? I need to redo my hood again, and it looks like the swirls are right up to the edge of the stripes.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #35
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
well i live on a chat road and have to wash my car alot to keep the dust off of it not to mention its black! I order a lot of stuff from adams but grit gaurds and PC i didnt order. But needless to say I am going to have to my paint sucks majorly and it makes me aggrevated I may have been better off driving though a touchless car wash instead of laying my hands on it lol Hope mine turns out that great after using the PC hope to buy soon.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #36
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Do you put the adams polish right over the "flat black' stripes? or do you have to go around them?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #37
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Which polish are you asking about? The only polish from Adams that I would put on there is the Clear Polish. We put some of that on my stripes and they looked great. Using the SHR and FMP I had the stripes taped off so I wouldnt hit them.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #38
mikey8

Drives: 2019 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FANTA-Z View Post
Which polish are you asking about? The only polish from Adams that I would put on there is the Clear Polish. We put some of that on my stripes and they looked great. Using the SHR and FMP I had the stripes taped off so I wouldnt hit them.

That's what I thought. Thanks. When I re-do it Ill use some painters tape that way I can get as close as possible. I stayed away the first time by a couple of inches. When I saw the swirls I was pissed. How long did it take to do your hood?
Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #39
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
I'd say that it would take around an hour to do a hood with stripes and minimal swirls. If your hood is really bad, you could easily spend 3-4 hours on a hood with no stripes. Remember, how long you spend depends on how bad the damage and how OCD you are about getting it all out. There is no set time as everyone's OCD level is different. Mine is way up there so I measure my time in days, not hours.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #40
STL20102SS

Drives: SW 2010 2SS/RS
Junkman, What kind of results can expect to see with using Adams products on a white car? I am thinking of getting the PC from the tools website and would also like to know what pads I should get. I have never used a towel to dry the car only a Master Blaster so, if I have any swirls they will be minimal at best.
STL20102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #41
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL20102SS View Post
Junkman, What kind of results can expect to see with using Adams products on a white car? I am thinking of getting the PC from the tools website and would also like to know what pads I should get. I have never used a towel to dry the car only a Master Blaster so, if I have any swirls they will be minimal at best.
White and light colors can pop too. I could easily show you the difference on your car as to what these products can do. It will take you doing the research in order for you to do the same thing. I can tell by your questions that you haven't watched all my videos. That is the first place to start as many of the members here will tell you that I cover pad and polish choice in extreme detail.

Start with this video series. Then, have a drink of this detailed series. There are more, but you must get a understanding that these videos provide. There is also some reading involved so make sure you do that or these two series will leave you a little confused. You CAN'T just watch the videos!

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:01 AM   #42
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I'm on day 3 of overspray removal from the car. If you can't get it right in one spot, no sense in wasting your time and moving on to another spot that won't be right.

I got the time, the gear, the car. It was perfect before, it'll get there again. (Plus A.J. wants to look at my car at the fest! )