Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
Hello everyone,

Thanks again to everyone. I'm making a suggestion here and also not to start another thread, we'll just update this one as the months go by!

So, here it is. If you choose to send something out on your own, perfectly cool!

I think we should take turns for those of us sending things that contribute to it, that way the cost is not just up to one person to do so and or also chip in on the cost. I'll put the next package together around the first week of December, there are a few meets and cruises between now and then to get to him and small X-mas items as well.

I have something up my sleeve that we can do for the next one
How does that sound??
Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM   #16
StangHatersLil'Sis
SoCal HT5

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 1LT
The packages take about a month to get to him, same goes for letters or anything else:/
and Cabrera that actually sounds good(: i just dont want you guys to think that you HAVE to send him packages, get me?
StangHatersLil'Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'm just figuring this thread out

5 stars!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #18
Mrsddunerider

Drives: 2007 LTZ Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangHatersLil'Sis View Post
The packages take about a month to get to him, same goes for letters or anything else:/
and Cabrera that actually sounds good(: i just dont want you guys to think that you HAVE to send him packages, get me?
You weren't kidding when you said it takes a month. I can't even track this one. I ship to Iraq and Afghanistan almost every day from work and have never seen them take this long. Hope he gets it soon, I shipped it on the 3rd. Hope all is well with Luis!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
StangHatersLil'Sis
SoCal HT5

thank you so much! and we sent 3 packages about two weeks ago also
Old 11-24-2010, 11:39 PM   #20
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
I sent one too almost a month ago, hope it got there.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #21
StangHatersLil'Sis
SoCal HT5

I cant thank you guys enough you are all so great! i hope each and every one of you had a happy, blessed thanksgiving. This year i spent it with Luis' wife since he wasnt able to. we kept him and all of you together, in our prayers
Old 12-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #22
StangHatersLil'Sis
SoCal HT5

Luis called on Sunday 12/5 and again this morning. He sounded better than the call a month ago. He said that for the most part everything is fine, hes okay and healthy. This time he called a couple more times than usual so that was good. He misses all of you guys and really wants to see you guys (not only your cars) and he hopes all of you are doing great. He wishes you all Happy Holidays, that you guys have good times. He received all our packages so he was happy and so were some of his buddies cause he shared with them
Ill update on him nexxt time he calls
-amberly
Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
Cabrera

Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #24
Mrsddunerider

Drives: 2007 LTZ Tahoe
CPL. Luis Espindola

Received a letter from Luis today and he asked that I tell the Camaro5 family hello from him and Cabrera thank you for the pictures. He said he shared the contents of the package with everyone except for the pictures and magazines. He isn't letting go of those. Luis is very grateful for pictures of Camaro's, pictures of Camaro5 meets and pictures from home. He said he told the Marines that we were more than a car club, we were a family and they thought that was cheesy LOL. He should be home in late April or early May which means he is going to miss Camaro Fest II unfortunatly.

I plan on sending another package just after Christmas if anyone has any pictures they want to send to him you can e-mail them to me at mckernan.laura@gmail.com and I will print them and send them in the package.

Most of us can't imagine what they are enduring over there or what it's like. Below are a couple of pictures that a friend shared from his recent tour in Afghanistan. Even these pictures don't give you the real feel of it, but it does show what it looks like over there.
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2010, 03:21 AM   #25
Cabrera

Thank you!

The restaurant we met at where his father worked closed down... My idea was to get together, us Camaro family with his family and mingle, take pics and what not.. and send that over....

I say we do at a different location and do so! so let the location ideas begin and coordinate with his family if they agree!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #26
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrera View Post
Thank you!

The restaurant we met at where his father worked closed down... My idea was to get together, us Camaro family with his family and mingle, take pics and what not.. and send that over....

I say we do at a different location and do so! so let the location ideas begin and coordinate with his family if they agree!
Sounds good. Glad he's doing o.k. How's his dad doing with the restaurant closing? Hope all is o.k. there.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #27
MustangHater
4 DOOR AND FASTER THAN U

Drives: 2009 MAYHEM G8
hey you guys....reading this is the best thing thats happened to me in months, i cant explain how much i miss home, i explained to mrsdunerider a little bit of the situation over here , thank you all so much for the pakages, i got them all dont have much time on the internet ill be out of touch again for about a month, amberly(stanghaterslilsis) your are the best little sister ever i love you tell mom and dad i said hi and sorry i couldnt call on xmas we were out and about but im sorry i didnt get you anything this year baby or angel and jasmine this place only has internet and i dont know your email amber, but thank you all so much for being there , i love you all. cant wait to see you all again. thank you all from the bottom of my heart. amber stay strong for me please girl. didnt know about the restaurant, ill try and call soon as i can in about a month. tell dad to keep his chin up for me. cabrera i miss you so much man. take care, and thank you all again, hope to make it home soon. mrsdunerider, SDcamaro, cabrera thank you !!! say hi to buitre for me and Luis the other one lol and tribone and everyone. well i'll talk to you guys when i can , God Bless.
might make it for marofest dont know yet hopefully but have a blast you guys and smoke them stangs ! just dont get a ticket. oh and would love to see a pic of you guys and my fam all in one spot, amber tell mom to do it for me , happy new year as well dont drive those works of art drunk. ill be pist haha.

Semper Fi

yut!

to my socal C5 Family, enjoy the hell out of your rides for me, hope to drive mine again

leo love the IOM , but my Synergy will be brighter haha it'll be like skittles on the road.

-Cpl. Espindola, Luis
Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #28
GJG

Drives: 2SS
Thank you and God speed!