Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Which spoiler?
Wing 13 32.50%
Lip 27 67.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Keeping mine stock. I think it looks great, and why should I waste all of the testing and validation that Chevrolet has performed?
This is one of those posts from which to extoll all the work GM has put into this package. While the point I'd like to make covers a lot broader subject, I'll focus.

Someone (actually a few that I can't find the time to credit, so I apologize ) has already posted this spoiler is actually functional. This is ONE piece of an entire aerodyamic package. Team CAMARO worked on getting downforce to improve ZL1's performance. It starts at the splitter, continues with the facia, hood, rocker moldings, wheel opening deflectors, spoiler and ends with the diffuser. If you change one or more of those components, you could upset the balance of the package if you're going to be using the car for it's intent.

It's my opinion too many people are either forgettting or just don't want to acknowledge the work that went into ZL1 for us. At the same time, it's going to be interesting to see how our modifications will either improve or maybe even handicap ZL1. This is not just a car with wheels, tires, springs, and SC, as much as many try to dismiss it as. It is a package, and changing even tires (maybe even tire sizes like I was initially thinking) could upset the balance GM has worked dillegently at giving us.

In the end - it's your money. Perhaps you may not use ZL1 to the potential where the spoiler would be completely functional - I probably won't much. I'm only suggesting keeping many of the points about the package this car is. It's not as simple as it seems many seem to think it is, or tell us it is.

JMO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
This is one of those posts from which to extoll all the work GM has put into this package. While the point I'd like to make covers a lot broader subject, I'll focus.

Someone (actually a few that I can't find the time to credit, so I apologize ) has already posted this spoiler is actually functional. This is ONE piece of an entire aerodyamic package. Team CAMARO worked on getting downforce to improve ZL1's performance. It starts at the splitter, continues with the facia, hood, rocker moldings, wheel opening deflectors, spoiler and ends with the diffuser. If you change one or more of those components, you could upset the balance of the package if you're going to be using the car for it's intent.

It's my opinion too many people are either forgettting or just don't want to acknowledge the work that went into ZL1 for us. At the same time, it's going to be interesting to see how our modifications will either improve or maybe even handicap ZL1. This is not just a car with wheels, tires, springs, and SC, as much as many try to dismiss it as. It is a package, and changing even tires (maybe even tire sizes like I was initially thinking) could upset the balance GM has worked dillegently at giving us.

In the end - it's your money. Perhaps you may not use ZL1 to the potential where the spoiler would be completely functional - I probably won't much. I'm only suggesting keeping many of the points about the package this car is. It's not as simple as it seems many seem to think it is, or tell us it is.

JMO.

This is why Id be even reluctant to tint my windows.
Mine will be as base as base can be and left that way permanently.
No sunroof, no extra suede options.
Just as base as base can be, with the only mods being window tint, and I MIGHT even change my mind on tinting the windows.
Only time will tell.
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY68RS View Post

This is why Id be even reluctant to tint my windows.
Mine will be as base as base can be and left that way permanently.
No sunroof, no extra suede options.
Just as base as base can be, with the only mods being window tint, and I MIGHT even change my mind on tinting the windows.
Only time will tell.
I'm tinting no matter what. I tint all my cars windows. I just prefer the look. I'll be keeping any options strictly performance, minus the suede, though. Depending on price, I might throw a little $$$ that way. I heart the suede look

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:12 AM   #18
1BADZL1
THE CAMARO KING

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 on order #PZSD7S
Quote:
I'm tinting no matter what. I tint all my cars windows. I just prefer the look. I'll be keeping any options strictly performance, minus the suede, though. Depending on price, I might throw a little $$$ that way. I heart the suede look
Not to get off topic but I like the look of the suede and others have said it will last long... I just know how dirty my hands can get at times and how careless I can be.... Just don't wanna see what it MIGHT look like in 10 yrs down the road..
If I can get only leather thats what I am going to do minus maybe the suede shift boot...LOL
1000 Initial Order 11/11/2011 Chevyland
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 11/11/2011 - PZSD7S
2000 Order accepted by GM: 12/14/2011
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 00/00/2011 - TPW 00/00/2011
3100 Sequenced: 00/00/2011
3300 Scheduled For Production:0/0/2012
3400 Broadcast: 0/0/2012
3800 Produced: 0/0/2012
4000 Available To Ship: 0/0/2012
4200 Shipped: 0/0/2012
5000 Delivered To The Dealer: 0/0/2012
6000 Delivered To Customer:0/0/2012
1BADZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #19
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:

JMO.
For all these reasons my preference is to buy the ZL1 and keep it stock as opposed to buying a SS and modifying it for perhaps some $avings. I think what team Camaro will ultimately hand over will be a very refined car and a bargain at anything under $60k. They have spent countless hours ensuring this is the case with various forms of design, validation, testing, and analysis.

People look at the car and say ‘only 580 HP’; ‘I can build that for less’; ‘the hood, spoiler, and fascia are fugly’; ‘the internals aren’t forged’ or fail to realize the complexity of the MR suspension. I fully believe the ZL1 will equal greater than the sum of all its components because of the time taken to polish and tune the package, and this will be proven with performance when it finally hits the streets.

This type of performance cannot be purchased from SLP, Nickey, or Berger. As much as anyone wants to believe it this level of performance would be less expensive to do yourself from the SS starting point, I don’t agree. While it is easy to get equal or better specifications for less, (more HP, lower weight, etc.) what you end up with won’t equal ZL1 on the street, strip, AND track. This is why ZL1 is the car for me.
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #20
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
For all these reasons my preference is to buy the ZL1 and keep it stock as opposed to buying a SS and modifying it for perhaps some $avings. I think what team Camaro will ultimately hand over will be a very refined car and a bargain at anything under $60k. They have spent countless hours ensuring this is the case with various forms of design, validation, testing, and analysis.

People look at the car and say ‘only 580 HP’; ‘I can build that for less’; ‘the hood, spoiler, and fascia are fugly’; ‘the internals aren’t forged’ or fail to realize the complexity of the MR suspension. I fully believe the ZL1 will equal greater than the sum of all its components because of the time taken to polish and tune the package, and this will be proven with performance when it finally hits the streets.

This type of performance cannot be purchased from SLP, Nickey, or Berger. As much as anyone wants to believe it this level of performance would be less expensive to do yourself from the SS starting point, I don’t agree. While it is easy to get equal or better specifications for less, (more HP, lower weight, etc.) what you end up with won’t equal ZL1 on the street, strip, AND track. This is why ZL1 is the car for me.
I have seen several individuals on C5 use logic that would indicate that one should purchase an LS, throw on a supercharger and some suspension modifications, and one would have a vehicle with superior performance to a ZL1 at a lower cost. Of course, what that logic doesn't take into account is all of the design, development, analysis, verification, and validation of the vehicle as a complete unit that Chevrolet has undertaken with both strip and track performance numbers, as well as a factory warranty, as mandatory requirements which much be met.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote