Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-16-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
joseph.lord344

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
This is embarassing...wrong serpentine belt

Could anyone possibly give me the correct part number for the serpentine belt for my 2010 with an LS3. all of the numbers are worn off of my current one and the one I ordered on rock auto would not even get close to fitting over the tensioner.

I am specifically looking for the Goodyear Gatorback/Continental Elite belt and the one I ordered that did not fit was a 4060852/6PK2165.

I am having belt squeal from hell and replaced my procharger belt at the same time and the squeal is still there. Thank you for any help!!!
Muffler Delete, Skip Shift Eliminator, Billet "Camaro" Reservoir Caps. Ported TB, Ported Intake Manifold, Stainless Power 1 7/8" with offroad pipes, MGW Short Shifter, Procharger P1SC-1 HO kit, Mighty Mouse Catch Can.
joseph.lord344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
Starfall
1bad6

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph.lord344 View Post
Could anyone possibly give me the correct part number for the serpentine belt for my 2010 with an LS3. all of the numbers are worn off of my current one and the one I ordered on rock auto would not even get close to fitting over the tensioner.

I am specifically looking for the Goodyear Gatorback/Continental Elite belt and the one I ordered that did not fit was a 4060852/6PK2165.

I am having belt squeal from hell and replaced my procharger belt at the same time and the squeal is still there. Thank you for any help!!!

GM OEM 12639280 2010-2012 Camaro SS 6.2L-Serpentine Belt
Starfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #3
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Based on a quick search, looks like the Continental you need is 4060835 and you got the 852.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?

Last edited by lafountain; 11-17-2017 at 08:18 AM.
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 AM   #4
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I'd check your pulley alignment. Especially if the crank balancer has been off, which if S/C would have been. That has to be reset on the crank snout to a real specific depth. There are some "laser" tools that work the best for pulley alignment especially if using an aftermarket balancer. An OE balancer, just have to set it to the exact depth in the service manual.

Does turning the A/C on or off change it?

The OE serp belt and OE A/C belt won't squeal at all if all it lined up.

The crank snout needs to have a depth of 2.40 - 4.48mm in the balancer hub. You use the old bolt with about 240 lbs of tq to set that depth. May have to remove the bolt a few times to check if the depth is correct. Then install a new balancer bolt.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote