Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #57
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Back to the salesman dynamics...

Unfortunately, the average Chev salesperson would be far better served knowing the Trunk Volume of a Cruze (15.4 cu. ft.)...or the GCW of a Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with 5.3 and Z71/GU6 (15,000 lb) than worrying about the one or two or three ZL1s they're likely to get...that others already have "orders" for, or have secured slots on the very short list.

Blasphemy? NO! Reality...cuz there'll be more shrimp on their BarB knowing that stuff than memorizing 580/556.

Number$.

Sad...but oh-so-true.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #58
pcw

Drives: 2011 Porsche Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post
Interesting, but the Car and Driver article says they are switching to a different supercharger and nothing about turbos. However, the other 2 talk about turbos and are newer. I think the truth is that they don't even know yet what they'll use, and they are probably going to test both options for awhile. Until the cars hit the floor, I don't believe anything, and certainly not from a salesman.

Whether it's a 5.8 supercharged or a 5.0 twin turbo, doesn't matter. Just like Chevy has done with the ZL1 beating the GT500 with 580HP, Ford will come right back. This is great for all of us, just love competition. I read something interesting about how Ford is really going to have to hit a home run with it next redesign for the GT500, in years past there was really no competition, but now with the ZL1 Ford is likely to lose some market share if they fall short. They are also talking IRS for the next gen, should be interesting to see once the live axel is gone.

pcw
pcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #59
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Both dealers you visited seem to be full of $h!t.....

Will not be that expensive. If that was where it'd end up, they wouldn't be building it - because it probably won't sell.

Although they're pouring what seems to be every trick they've got into the ZL1...a lot of the technologies featured in the ZL1 already exist within General Motors somewhere...so, consider that when you hear "add this, and this, and this"....they already have the R&D for a lot of the stuff covered, and don't forget they're not charging themselves profit to use their own technologies...what it might cost you and I to do aftermarket, they can do for a fraction of the cost (still expensive...but I hope my point is coming across)

All logical methods of determining price I've read around here have it pegged right around 50k. And that's where it'll need to be if they intend to sell any reasonable number of them, imo.

60k-70...
Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #60
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Will not be that expensive. If that was where it'd end up, they wouldn't be building it - because it probably won't sell.

All logical methods of determining price I've read have it pegged right around 50k. And that's where it'll need to be if they intend to sell any reasonable number of them, imo.

60k-70...
I'm stayin' with you on this one. Good as gold to me.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:43 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
I'm stayin' with you on this one. Good as gold to me.
I've been wrong many times before....but my gut feelin' is awfully strong where this is concerned...

It's been my prediction of $50,000... plus or minus 3k for base-level trim, no options.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #62
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
^I have a good idea that you kind of know what you're talkin' about. I am not worried.....as much lol!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:14 PM   #63
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
I don't think you'll break many hearts just because your car is an SS. I’d appreciate your car for what it was and accept defeat with my lowly stock ZL1. Nobody is going to drive their car around thinking it is the fastest on the road just because it says ZL1 on the hood. If they want their car to be faster they will mod it too. Get to about 750+ HP and aim for the ZR1 and I’ll bet you will surprise some of those guys though...

HPE1000 is the Hennessey 1021 HP Twin Turbo Package for the ZL1

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hpe1000-zl1.html
1021 HP......daaaaaaamn?!!! That's not even street legal is it?!